Author Topic: Pelvic Organ Prolapse: "Organs at the Door"  (Read 112166 times)

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
Re: Pelvic Organ Prolapse: "Organs at the Door"
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2009, 10:10:57 AM »
Yup, I used my kegalmaster first thing today, then abdominals and leg lifts after breakfast, and I have had a way, way better day!

No pain, very little pressure, and I only had to lie down a couple times this morning.  I walked around walmart, played outside with the kids (it's 70 degrees today!), and hung laundry out.  I'm still being careful not to do anything "high impact" or heavy lifting.  I'm also drinking 1/2 gallon of red raspberry tea every day like Forevergirl said.  All in all, I'm probably drinking four quarts or more a day of water or tea to keep the bowels moving, and that's been going better too.

I'm  sure now, I love my kegalmaster. ;D

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2009, 01:50:38 PM »
I've gotta say, there's nothing like the kegalmaster IMO.  It has a system of 4 springs that you use in various combinations, so you get to use more resistance as you progress.  You wouldn't progress much if you used the same two pound weights for a year doing bicep curls, and it's the same idea with the kegals.  The doctor, DR. Kegal or whatever, who invented them used resistance training.  He didn't just tell women to go home and do their kegals, he stressed the importance of squeezing against resistance.

Also, you are able to moniter the device and know if you are successfully squeesing, how much you are squeezing, etc. 

My cervix has moved up a little since starting this, and I no longer have much stress incontinence already (like needing to pee all the time).

I'm going to be honest.  I bought the thing while my husband was deployed and didn't tell him till I saw results with it.  I knew he wouldn't understand, but I just had to get help.  He is now glad I did and happy with the results I've been getting in the last week.  I have been able to be up and around and do some dishes and things, which I would not have been able to do if not for the excersizes.  That makes him happy because he loves when I am cheerful and busy, but I could not be knowing everything I did was forcing my uterus and rectum lower and causing me more pain.  After my baby #2 (#3 just turned 1) I tried to be superwoman and ignore the pain, and I ended up in such debilitating pain and with so much bleeding, we had to stop having marital relations altogether for a time, and he had to do housework.  It was awful.

If you are in need of help down there, I think you should consider the kegalmaster of the upmost importance to your health, and scrounge together that $100 any way you can.  THere is no other device that works as well imo.  If the problem is an insensitive husband, honor him!  Then get your wits about you and make a serious, grave appeal.   Men often don't understand what it is to suffer as we do. 

THat said, I decided not to use it today (day five) and see what happens, and boy did I regret it.  Lots of pain and pressure, especially in the afternoon after I normally use it.  I didn't to my tuppler technique tummy excersizes or my leg lifts either.

When it got really bad, I took an evening primrose oil and two cod liver oil gelcaps, and within five minutes the pain subsided.  It was better than ibuprophen.  I did some leglifts and that helped with the feeling of pressure.  This was around dinnertime.

The only things that make my cramps go away are using my kegalmaster and taking evening primrose oil (clo helps too).  After baby #2 when the prolapse and pain were even worse, EPO was like a miracle in the beginning, but after a while it didn't work anymore, so this has convinced me keeping my bowels moving, excersize (kegalmaster, leg lifts, tummy ect,), red raspberry tea etc. are very important to stick with.

THis  bout of it all began just after I had a stomach flue, and I got constipated from the dehydration, which coincided with weaning my son.  I can feel the bulge of my rectum into the wall of my v#ginal canal.  THe one from my bladder seems to be gone though, I could feel it five days ago.

Thanks for the info about bioflavinoids!  THe antiinflammitories I have been using (mostly EPO and whole food vitamin c) have been great and I'd love even more!

That is so wonderful that the kegalmaster is helping you.

And I totally agree with you The kegalmaster is worth the money, and of "utmost importance" for your health if you are having difficulties down there. Scince I have been using it everyday, things are getting better.  Its so wonderful to feel "tighter" down there again.  You are right, there is nothing as good as the Kegalmaster.  What level are you on??  I am almost ready for 3 springs, and it seemed an awful long way away when I started, but you get stronger faster than you think!!!

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
Here is a link to the "medical video" by Kegelmaster.
http://kegelmaster.com/new/

I have viewed it and believe it is tastefully done.  I preferred to watch it when/where children would not be wandering though so I would not have to answer or avoid questions like "What's that?"

I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2009, 04:46:17 PM »
I'm on level six.  I got discouraged a while back because it seemed to be getting more difficult to do rather than easier, but then I discovered that just means you need to move to a harder tension setting, because the muscles are too tight to even be able to squeese with not enough counter pressure.

I currently am having no pain, cramps, heaviness or pulling- it's just amazing.

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2009, 10:18:50 AM »
I'm on level six.  I got discouraged a while back because it seemed to be getting more difficult to do rather than easier, but then I discovered that just means you need to move to a harder tension setting, because the muscles are too tight to even be able to squeese with not enough counter pressure.

I currently am having no pain, cramps, heaviness or pulling- it's just amazing.

Good for you! I am at level 10 and my bladder leaking has gone down alot.   Its going to take me a long time on the last 5 levels because I cannot fully close the unit yet on alot of levels. I am really going to focus on getting that thing to close completley.

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »
I've never gotten it to close completely.  I guess that will just happen eventually?  I go up a level every 1 to 3 days, its been really fast.  I'm still drinking that 1/2 gallon of red raspberry tea a day too.  I like to do the "organs in place" pose  before and after I use the km.  I don't know if it helps but I like to think it does.

I (genlty) used my rebounder again today, for the first time in weeks, just kind of lightly bouncing/ jogging for a couple minutes.  I have a friend who did that when her bladder was getting really leaky, and it actually helped a lot.  She started just lightly bouncing for a minute or two (wearing a pad), and now she jumps and does a 30 minute routine on it, no leaking problems.  I would have thought the opposite would happen, but I guess the repetative downward pull causes the cells to strengthen themselves more.

I don't use my rebounder when I feel stuff falling down, but I use it when I already feel pretty strong.

Offline Aura

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »
I was wondering about rebounding after a hysterectomy. I just read somewhere that it was not good, that it could lead to prolapse...does anyone know anything about this? I really want it to NOT be true.

Offline Aura

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2009, 08:10:24 AM »
Anyone?

I was wondering about rebounding after a hysterectomy. I just read somewhere that it was not good, that it could lead to prolapse...does anyone know anything about this? I really want it to NOT be true.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2009, 08:41:28 AM »
Are you talking about using one of those little trampolines after a hysterectomy? Or are you talking about rebounding as in "recovering from" a hysterectomy?

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Aura

• Adept
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »
Are you talking about using one of those little trampolines after a hysterectomy?

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about! Any thoughts?

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2009, 04:08:13 AM »
I would think you wouldn't want to do anything like that too soon after surgery but once you are completely healed, I don't understand why there would be a problem --if the doctor did his job well.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
I personally wouldn't do it so soon either.  I'd say definately check with your doctor for when it's ok to do impact excersizes, although rebounding is considered low impact.  And listen to your body.

I would reccomend the kegalmaster once you are healed enough.  That's done lying down and it strenghtens the muscles much more quickly and specifically.  Only after your healed enough not to worry about infection.

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »
So, I got my km in the mail a week or so ago. I tried it once, but won't start using it regularly until we are completely moved this week. It feels strange/different inside and I guess I'll get used to the awkward feeling? So, I got a question. I've read/heard conflicting information about how much of the km should be inserted. I've heard only 3 inches and then I've heard to the "base" which is not 3 inches but more like 4 according to my smart husband. So, what is it?? I was a little concerned about the safety of the km when looking into it, but after talking to my midwife and getting her enthusiastic okay I feel much better. She has no experience with it, but checked out the links for testimonies and the instructional video. I did read somewhere on line that one woman believed it made her rectocele worse, so I'm just going to take it easy at first and keep a close eye on things and discontinue if I observe any problems.

I'm excited to strengthen everything down there for sure. My main issue is a rectocele. I don 't think I have any prolapse though. Oh and I tried using hubby as a km and that was fun and seemed like it would be more effective than just kegels. Also, I was wondering if you can make things too tight down there? You know like how you see people with like muscles on muscles, unnaturally so. Would a too tight v*g*na  make childbirth more painful? For these reasons, I am considering being more moderate and not working up to all four springs. I've read after you work up to those some women go to the auto parts store and get like heavy duty springs!! lol. I think km sells stronger springs now if you graduate to a higher level. Anywho... I'll keep ya posted. Should we start a km thread for Q's, testimonies, problems, etc.?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:05:47 PM by mommyjen »
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline kainos

• Learning
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »
I've gotta say, there's nothing like the kegelmaster IMO.  It has a system of 4 springs that you use in various combinations, so you get to use more resistance as you progress.  You wouldn't progress much if you used the same two pound weights for a year doing bicep curls, and it's the same idea with the kegels.  The doctor, DR. Kegel or whatever, who invented them used resistance training.  He didn't just tell women to go home and do their kegels, he stressed the importance of squeezing against resistance.

Also, you are able to monitor the device and know if you are successfully squeezing, how much you are squeezing, etc.  

My cervix has moved up a little since starting this, and I no longer have much stress incontinence already (like needing to pee all the time).

I'm going to be honest.  I bought the thing while my husband was deployed and didn't tell him till I saw results with it.  I knew he wouldn't understand, but I just had to get help.  He is now glad I did and happy with the results I've been getting in the last week.  I have been able to be up and around and do some dishes and things, which I would not have been able to do if not for the exercises.  That makes him happy because he loves when I am cheerful and busy, but I could not be knowing everything I did was forcing my uterus and rectum lower and causing me more pain.  After my baby #2 (#3 just turned 1) I tried to be superwoman and ignore the pain, and I ended up in such debilitating pain and with so much bleeding, we had to stop having marital relations altogether for a time, and he had to do housework.  It was awful.

If you are in need of help down there, I think you should consider the kegelmaster of the utmost importance to your health, and scrounge together that $100 any way you can.  There is no other device that works as well imo.  If the problem is an insensitive husband, honor him!  Then get your wits about you and make a serious, grave appeal.   Men often don't understand what it is to suffer as we do.  

That said, I decided not to use it today (day five) and see what happens, and boy did I regret it.  Lots of pain and pressure, especially in the afternoon after I normally use it.  I didn't to my tuppler technique tummy exercises or my leg lifts either.

When it got really bad, I took an evening primrose oil and two cod liver oil gel caps, and within five minutes the pain subsided.  It was better than ibuprofen.  I did some leglifts and that helped with the feeling of pressure.  This was around dinnertime.

The only things that make my cramps go away are using my kegelmaster and taking evening primrose oil (clo helps too).  After baby #2 when the prolapse and pain were even worse, EPO was like a miracle in the beginning, but after a while it didn't work anymore, so this has convinced me keeping my bowels moving, exercise (kegelmaster, leg lifts, tummy etc,), red raspberry tea etc. are very important to stick with.

This  bout of it all began just after I had a stomach flue, and I got constipated from the dehydration, which coincided with weaning my son.  I can feel the bulge of my rectum into the wall of my v#ginal canal.  The one from my bladder seems to be gone though, I could feel it five days ago.

Thanks for the info about bioflavinoids!  The anti inflammatories I have been using (mostly EPO and whole food vitamin c) have been great and I'd love even more!

To anyone else who HAS indeed used the KegelMaster,

Help please, I am having some mild pain as a result of a prolapsed bladder...and am not comfortable speaking to my doctor about it yet, (I did speak to my gyn once and she recommended a pecery (sp?)...that was a funny sight in that I was not able to use it, flung the stupid thing across the room twice, so I gave up on that...). Since then my problem seems to be getting worse......in research here on all over the web, my husband and I both feel the KegelMaster would be a good option for me. so I began looking for the KegelMaster online, however I am having trouble finding the original KM website...so many sites claim to be the original KM, but I want one that is trusted, can anyone help me or direct me please...I am thinking you, Holly, Mommyjen as you said you have used it.

Thanks in advance for any direction you might be able to provide...
Kelly
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:09:36 AM by kainos »

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2010, 08:49:31 AM »
I currently  own a kegalmaster and I really like it.  It is worth the money.  There are alot of websites that  sell the Original Kegalmaster. Here is where I bought mine 
                http://www.kegelmaster2000.com/

TMI!!!!!  My husband really likes me to use it, as it  helps enhace intamacy alot, especially scine I have had 4 children.  As it tightens things up, helping me to be able to enjoy marital relations more, and also helping so I can "hold" my  p** when I need to use the bathroom.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:54:29 AM by herbs girl »

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16:08 AM »
I currently  own a kegalmaster and I really like it.  It is worth the money.  There are alot of websites that  sell the Original Kegalmaster. Here is where I bought mine 

TMI!!!!!  My husband really likes me to use it, as it  helps enhace intamacy alot, especially scine I have had 4 children.  As it tightens things up, helping me to be able to enjoy marital relations more, and also helping so I can "hold" my  p** when I need to use the bathroom.

Thanks for the testimony herbsgirl!  I don't have much to report because I developed vestibulitis shortly before ordering my kegelmaster (thought it was a yeast infection at the time, but the pain never went away and actually got worse after my babe's birth) and only used it once or twice.  As soon as I can get healed from the vestibulitis you can bet I'm gonna start up with the kegel master.  We still have great sex even without it  ;) and I only have a mild rectocele (so no real prolapse problems) but I still would like to strenghten everything down there. I hate the feeling during pregnancy like everything is just gonna fall out any time!   ;D ;D
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline kainos

• Learning
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2010, 10:22:20 AM »

TMI!!!!!  My husband really likes me to use it, as it  helps enhance intimacy alot, especially since I have had 4 children.  As it tightens things up, helping me to be able to enjoy marital relations more, and also helping so I can "hold" my  p** when I need to use the bathroom.

Thank you so very much, I was afraid of buying a knock-off one and not having success. I am ok with the TMI part, as when I was looking over the site it seems that is a free bonus you get well I guess both you and your husband get while fixing the other issues associated with a prolapse of any organ that should stay put.

Ok so many many thanks again for the help, you all are great...I rarely if ever post here, I am a lurker....introduced to this place by miss kitty ninja (Hi Sandra...if you see this you will now have TMI, about me!!!). Maybe someday I will add my testimony of how this works if anyone is ever interested...I do pray it works!!!

God bless,
Kelly

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »
A note to anyone with any sort of prolapse or retocele, etc.  I did some research for my leaky bladder not expecting to find anything encouraging other then having to have my bladder tied up like every other women in my family.  A friend turned me to the book Saving The Whole Woman.  This book is a MUST read for anyone with bladder leakage, prolapse of any sort, retocele, etc.  She covers hysterectomies, prolapses, bladder leakage, etc.  and what to do to fix these problems with stretching type exercises so as to avoid surgery.  It works and I am thrilled.  I didn’t even have to do the exercises.  I was just able to change my posture and my bladder leakage disappeared.  So definitely look into this book if any sort of body part coming out is an issue or if someone tells you that you need a hysterectomy.

patti
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:03:02 PM by mykidsmom »
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline createddaisy

• Adept
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »
Can anyone compare the kegelmaster to the pelvexiser?  Found good info on both but not anything to compare them.  Thanks.

Offline meaghanls

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 04:39:03 PM »
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to each of you who submitted suggestions, ideas, etc... 

I'm a healthy, 29 year old woman who has neither had children nor a hysterectomy(sp?) and have just discovered what is likely to be a uterine prolapse.  When I first started researching information, I began to cry over my options of pessaries or surgeries.  Inserting foreign objects to "hold up" my organs is unappealing and surgery that removes a part of me and either prevents me from having sex ever again or the ability to have children is unacceptable. 

I've since ordered Christine Kent's book and will also be looking into vegan options for obtaining more Omega3, Vitamin D and a red raspberry leaf concoction that doesn't contain glycerin to build up the strength of my walls.

This site helped calm me down and has given me hope that I can get my uterus back up where it belongs without surgery or pessaries.  THANK YOU all.  I'm very grateful.

Offline kainos

• Learning
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 04:59:28 PM »
Just my 2 cents... :P

I have been using the Kegelmaster 2000 now for a month or so....and after 2 weeks of using it I noticed a HUGE change in my issue with my prolapsed bladder. I think changing our diets is a better option, but wanted to say that the Kegelmaster 2000 was the quickest to at least combat the pain I began feeling with my bladder being prolapsed.

Offline meaghanls

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »
I will likely look into Kegelmaster as well...

Another question: Can or does birth control affect a prolapsed organ?  Or the onset of one?  It may be coincidental that I started the NuvaRing and had the uterine prolapse a few months later, but I was just wondering what other people thought/knew and if there may be a relation.

Thanks again!

Offline meaghanls

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »
I went to my doctor today to find out if I had a prolapse.  She claimed because the uterus was still in my vagina, it wasn't a prolapse.  I told her that I thought I had stage one and she replied that I shouldn't be so concerned.  When I asked to be referred to a gyn just to make sure everything was okay, she told I shouldn't waste health care money and that I shouldn't take away time and care from people who ACTUALLY needed it.  After I started crying, she told me she could still refer me, but that it would be a LONG wait and that I should be reassured by what she was telling me.  I'm not going to apologize for being proactive about my health and she shouldn't assume it's selfish of me for doing so.  Needless to say, I'll be searching for a new family doctor.

FRUSTRATING!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
I will likely look into Kegelmaster as well...

Another question: Can or does birth control affect a prolapsed organ?  Or the onset of one?  It may be coincidental that I started the NuvaRing and had the uterine prolapse a few months later, but I was just wondering what other people thought/knew and if there may be a relation.

Thanks again!
Interesting question. I think the answer is yes, but I don't "know" anything in particular about it. Our bodies were designed to function under certain hormonal cycles. When those are interfered with strange things happen.  :-\

Offline kainos

• Learning
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
I went to my doctor today to find out if I had a prolapse.  She claimed because the uterus was still in my vagina, it wasn't a prolapse.  I told her that I thought I had stage one and she replied that I shouldn't be so concerned.  When I asked to be referred to a gyn just to make sure everything was okay, she told I shouldn't waste health care money and that I shouldn't take away time and care from people who ACTUALLY needed it.  After I started crying, she told me she could still refer me, but that it would be a LONG wait and that I should be reassured by what she was telling me.  I'm not going to apologize for being proactive about my health and she shouldn't assume it's selfish of me for doing so.  Needless to say, I'll be searching for a new family doctor.

FRUSTRATING!

:o :o :o

Offline GhillieGirl

• Wide Eyed
    • Savvy Teas and Herbs
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2010, 02:05:05 AM »
Does anyone have any updates regarding methods that have worked for their prolapse?  I think I have self diagnosed myself with this, after having my fourth child.  It was my first natural birth, and intense, and the onset of the prolapse followed that.  I am not overweight or anything.  Has to be from childbirth.  Also wondering if anyone has looked into Acupuncture?  I read a blog online that strongly suggested it and just contacted a local acupuncturist and they said they can help.  Of course.   :P   
www.savvyteasandherbs.com

***Organic Teas and Bulk Herbs***

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2010, 04:43:15 AM »
Does anyone have any updates regarding methods that have worked for their prolapse?  I think I have self diagnosed myself with this, after having my fourth child.  It was my first natural birth, and intense, and the onset of the prolapse followed that.  I am not overweight or anything.  Has to be from childbirth.  Also wondering if anyone has looked into Acupuncture?  I read a blog online that strongly suggested it and just contacted a local acupuncturist and they said they can help.  Of course.   :P   

I can't remember if I posted this elsewhere in this thread or some other thread but I used the exercises from a book called Saving The Whole Women.  Within 3 days I was much better and within a week I was fine.  This is a must have book if you have prolapse.  Her understanding of body structure and how to fix prolapse is excellent.  She covers all prolapses - uterine, bowel, etc.  No more bladder leakage either.  Just simply by doing a few of the exercises she suggested.  I wouldn't bother buying the CD's that go with it.  You will only need to do a few exercises and it will be fixed.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline GhillieGirl

• Wide Eyed
    • Savvy Teas and Herbs
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
Since I posted, a naturopath I trust has told me that she knows of two chiropractors who have done post graduate naturopathic study and do "uterine lifts" and they work.  She can do them just not legally on clients so she has given me contact info for two chiros.  Have you heard of this working? Makes sense to me.  Perhaps the exercises in the book do the same thing, but at a slower rate? You think?  Might be cheaper than a chiro which would be the initial visit then schedule for the lift, which we would pay out of pocket so it would be $$. 
www.savvyteasandherbs.com

***Organic Teas and Bulk Herbs***

YoopreMama

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »
http://www.daveshealingnotes.com/ailments/uterine-prolapse-natural-remedies.html (herbal, homeopathic, cell salts)

And this book (check your library)--http://www.savingthewholewoman.com/  Videos on her site fro exercises, posture, etc...also on YouTube.

Her forum: http://www.wholewoman.com/drupal-6.16/

My MW has been able to adjust (internally and externally) a prolapsed uterus back up where it should be, rather easily.  She says you can apply external pressure above your pubic bone to help move it back up.  Rest and pelvic tilts/kegels are also recommended.

Chiro. is another option to explore.

Also, Mayan Abdominal Massage may be helpful.

Check w/ PT vs OB-GYN--more appropriate field.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:27:35 PM by Yooper »