Author Topic: Rectal Itching  (Read 14537 times)

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
Re: Rectal Itching
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »
Hemorrhoids/varicose veins, can also cause itching, so that could be it.  They don't even have to "come out" to be the problem, internal hemorrhoids can also cause itching.  :P

Offline Sunnybrook

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 09:53:32 AM »
H'mm... that is interesting. I have had those in the past - after my second baby, and I don't think they were really external, but I know I had them because they were so painful.

Something to look into. Thanks born-an-okie.

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »
I second that suggestion, and will add that 'piles' are simply varicose veins in the rectal area...and they would become more aggrivated from a bm.  There are some great herbal remedies for varicose veins, from what I've been reading, including butcher's broom and horse chestnut seed extract, among other things.  Many of these preparations come pre-mixed in capsules with names like 'vari-gone' and 'leg veins' being two that I know of off the top of my head. 

(I'm reasearching varicose veins in pregnancy). :)
hth!

(edited to add) here is the thread on vericose veins:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,822.0.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:23:05 PM by hi_itsgwen »
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline Sunnybrook

• Learning
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 08:43:08 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for NOT itching/scratching? I'm really needing to just not scratch and see if it may not even bother me without the itch/scratch cycle. I've tried to just tell myself no, but you know how you get in your head that you just NEED to scratch that itch?   ::)

I'm thinking at this point this is my biggest problem. Anti-itch cream?  :-\

YoopreMama

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for NOT itching/scratching? I'm really needing to just not scratch and see if it may not even bother me without the itch/scratch cycle. I've tried to just tell myself no, but you know how you get in your head that you just NEED to scratch that itch?   ::)

I'm thinking at this point this is my biggest problem. Anti-itch cream?  :-\
That may work.  I find diluted ACV or Dead Sea salts healing and giving immediate itch relief on other parts of the body.

Offline lovetoreadmom

• Master
  • Music in my kitchen :)
    • The Most Important Job in the World for a Married Woman
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »
Hi Sunnybrook,

I don't know if you've had any answers about your "issue,"  :)  but I just wanted to ask if you've had any problems with hemorroids?  Sometimes they are not always visible around the "opening," but can actually be a little more internal.  Since you've said you get the itching after a bm, I just wondered. 

Has anything changed:

1.  new panties,
2.  new detergent,
3.  new shower/bath soap,
4.  new toilet paper?

These are just a few thoughts that came to my mind.

Hope you're getting the relief and answers you need.

LTRM  :)
Wife to Ron for 8 years (on 7.13.10 :)), and Mama to DS 6yo, DD 3-1/2yo, and DS 19mo! . . . and DD#2 due in August, 2010.

Offline Joyfulmomto9

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 01:55:04 AM »
It could be a fungal thing and in that case sprinkling on the area Yeast Assassin or any pill you are now taking for Candida will work.  Just open the capsule and sprinkle it on.  If it is pinworms they will not like that either... 

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 12:31:14 PM »
Garlic stops itch FAST.  ;D I have been desperate enough b/f that I just minced and applied.  Burned like fire but it stopped the itch.....for quite awhile.  ::)  Depending if I mince or not I have cold water waiting in the bath....