Author Topic: Rectal Itching  (Read 14489 times)

Offline momof2

• Learning
Rectal Itching
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:38:04 PM »
 :-[  Ok....I would like to just say hey, my kid is having a problem....ugh....alright...it is me.

I have been having this itching rigt at my rectal area.  I have made sure when I shower that I clean well.  However, today...for example...it has itched just a slight irritating itch all day long.  any ideas as to what would be causing this?  Any recommendations? 

Also...I have read and read about enemas...any suggestions and exact directions (for someone that has a hard time catching on ???) as to what you would suggest to do, for how long, and what exact ingredients to get.  I have read thread after thread adn get more confused with each thread as to what I should do....

Also....I looked into the Yeast Assassin on the beeyoutiful.com.  What exactly do you need it for?  I cook homemade bread with yeast.  Is that no good?  what should I use if it isn't?  Is that something totally different?

Any help with this would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 02:11:44 PM by momof2 »

Offline Pink Lady

• Adept
Rectal Itching
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »
Sometimes it's the smallest, simplest things. Are you making sure to rinse well? It may be soap that is irritating the skin there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:52:53 PM by healthybratt »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Amanda

Offline momof2

• Learning
Rectal Itching
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »
Actually yes.  I have tried that.  I have also tried just using water.  It is not all the time that it is itching, just a couple of days here and there. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:53:13 PM by healthybratt »

Offline jbbabyslings

• Adept
Re: Embarrassing question about...bootyhole itch
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »
WWW.JellyBeansBabySlings.com Handmade with Care

Now selling Supermom Vitamins & other Beeyoutiful Products. FREE SHIPPING

Offline momof2

• Learning
Re: Rectal Itching
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 12:58:34 PM »
thank you for the site info...I will read that

Also thank you to the moderator for helping with the name thing!!!! :-[  i could not think of the technical name! :)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 01:48:25 PM »
Whenever my children had rectal itching, it was always pinworms.  It could be a number of things, but my first guess would be worms.  Do you suffer from hemorrhoids, ever?  Could be those starting. There is a thread already started about worms and such should you think you have them.  Gross, I know. :P

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »
My first 2 thoughts are pinworms or hemorrhoids.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline momof2

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »
could someone help me find the pinworm thread...I would like to read it to see

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 03:18:41 PM »

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1595.0.html

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »

http://familydoctor.org/139.xml
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 04:10:00 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline momof2

• Learning
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 02:50:54 AM »
Thank you I am headed to check these out right now........

Offline KeepItSimple

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 04:09:22 PM »
Hi...

Could it be something you are eating?  I know my husband gets this whenever he eats cashews.  We didn't figure it out for a long time, but then we started isolating those 'occassional' treats he would eat.  Finally, we nailed it on the cashews.  Also, if he eats too many dried apricots, he gets the same problem, but he has to eat tons of those (which he did....twice).  With the cashews, he can have as few as 5 and get the itching....with apricots it takes enough to feed a small village.

Peace..C.
Wife to a wonderful man who happens to be a Chiropractor (aren't I blessed??) and home schooling mom to four great kids: Victoria ~16, Jacob ~13, Marlee ~8, David ~6

Offline Texas Girl.

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 04:13:03 PM »
Somewhere in this site are links to other websites related to yeast overgrowth/ candida.....I read through lots of info on those websites, and I distinctly remember that being one of the symptoms of yeast!  Sorry I can't tell you exactly where to look; maybe do a search for 'yeast overgrowth' and see what you find!

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 05:48:12 PM »
This is off the subject, but
TEXAS GIRL

Days of Elijah, four-year-old version: "LIFT YOUR BOICE! ITS THE EUROPE TOO-DA-LEE!  AND BOW-HOW-TOO SALMATION COMES!" ...best sung at the TOP of your lungs~!

This sounds a little like my version...  ;)
 I JUST heard this on the radio today.  I MAY have sung it the same way.   ???

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 06:13:01 PM »
Somewhere in this site are links to other websites related to yeast overgrowth/ candida.....I read through lots of info on those websites, and I distinctly remember that being one of the symptoms of yeast!  Sorry I can't tell you exactly where to look; maybe do a search for 'yeast overgrowth' and see what you find!

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1400.0.html
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Charis

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 03:09:38 AM »
My friend, who is very cleanly, had pinworms. Her doctor told her to when it was dark at night to take her fingernail and scrape around and into the rectum. Then look at her finger. He said there should be little worms on her finger if it was that. UGH She did it and sure enough. I can't remember what the treatment she did for it was. Just kind of disconcerting. I know this is what you wanted to read this morning LOL. ::)
"Momma can I have some fruit? I think my body needs some vitamin C." -Madelyn 5

Offline Texas Girl.

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 03:14:28 AM »
This is off the subject, but
TEXAS GIRL

Days of Elijah, four-year-old version: "LIFT YOUR BOICE! ITS THE EUROPE TOO-DA-LEE!  AND BOW-HOW-TOO SALMATION COMES!" ...best sung at the TOP of your lungs~!

This sounds a little like my version...  ;)
 I JUST heard this on the radio today.  I MAY have sung it the same way.   ???

I'm sure God was smiling, however you sang it!

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 03:56:15 AM »
The other responses have great ideas, here is a simple one.  Did you switch brands of toilet paper?  I have only found one brand that doesn't make me itch!  It can be miserable when we go visit other people for a few days, and I haven't yet remembered to bring my own tp with me!   ;D  I hope it isn't pinworms, we've had them, and they are awful to get rid of and can come back.  My daughter seems to be quite suseptible to them. Ugh!

Offline momof2

• Learning
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »
Thank you for the info...I will continue my quest to find the answer....I will eventually figure this out.  I will do the "dark" check for pinworms tonight.  I tried to last night, but I did not find anything.  I had turned on the light though and been up for a couple minutes so I will have to try again

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »
My friend, who is very cleanly, had pinworms. Her doctor told her to when it was dark at night to take her fingernail and scrape around and into the rectum. Then look at her finger. He said there should be little worms on her finger if it was that. UGH She did it and sure enough. I can't remember what the treatment she did for it was. Just kind of disconcerting. I know this is what you wanted to read this morning LOL. ::)

What's the deal with doing this in the dark of night??

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 09:52:25 AM »

What's the deal with doing this in the dark of night??

They only come out at night.  Unless the infestation is particularly bad.   :-X
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline mrsroeser

• Adept
  • my loving family :)
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 09:11:38 AM »
I am so grossed out by this idea of pinworms.... as I have been having itching in this area for about 2 weeks now... I've never had itching there for so long!! I'm starting to think I should go to the doctor, but how do you tell the receptionist what you need to see the doc for??!?!  I'll try the pinworm test tonight.. ugh!!!! I'm so freaked out.. Does anyone know how it is treated???? I'm more worried about the thought of that!!!
-Sally

Offline Clementine

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 09:34:44 AM »
One way to do the test (instead of using your finger) is to use a little bit of scotch tape pressed onto your rectum.  The worms will stick to it and be easier to see.   :)
"I waited patiently on the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

Offline mrsroeser

• Adept
  • my loving family :)
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 09:47:26 AM »
hahaha.. this is getting crazier and crazier.. I only laugh becuase of my nervousness!!! ack!!  I think I've got some scotch tape around!  :P

Offline Clementine

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »
I know it sounds crazy, but it works.  ;D  I work in an Emergency Room, and that is what we do, or tell Mom to do, to check for pinworms.  It might be a bit difficult to do on yourself though. 
"I waited patiently on the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 04:25:55 PM »
While you're in there, just smear some goot into the area. That will take care of little visitors or whatever.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 04:29:59 PM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 04:06:57 AM »
I'm wondering how a person would figure out if this itching would be from parasites, or yeast related.   ???  Any thoughts? Researching parasites and yeast, both have some similar symptoms, and I'm trying find out which is the culprit. Thanks!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 09:30:02 AM »
I'm wondering how a person would figure out if this itching would be from parasites, or yeast related.   ???  Any thoughts? Researching parasites and yeast, both have some similar symptoms, and I'm trying find out which is the culprit. Thanks!

If it were me, I would go ahead and treat for both.  The  'tape test' for pinworms is not expensive or difficult, and if you eliminate all the foods on the candida diet, you'll have some serious cravings.  Between those two things, you would get a pretty good picture of what is happening.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline Sunnybrook

• Learning
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:28 AM »
Ok, taking a deep breath before posting on this page...  :P  :-X

I really need to find some answers to my itching. It has been going on about 4 months now, and is somewhat stressing at times, just because I don't know what the cause is.

I've read about parasites and worms and I don't think it's that. Mainly because it's not just a nighttime occurence, and also I took Candida Clear (same as Yeast Assasin) for 3+ months and that is very anti-fungal.

It's an off and on thing. Sometimes I don't feel it for a couple days. And at this point, I almost think that I am scratching out habit, and perhaps there really isn't an issue down there anymore.  Simply because I get a little bit of an "itch" and I get an incredible urge to scratch, which, I confess, I do.  :-[  :-X (With toilet paper usually.) Also, the need to scratch often comes after a bm. I'm sorry, TMI!! I'll go slink into a corner now, with a red face!  :-[ If anyone could shed light, I would so appreciate it. Been feeling like I should call on a doctor, just so I know what's going on, but hate to just for this.