Author Topic: Thyroid boost verses coconut oil for weight loss-adrenals too!  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Fallmom

• Learning
Thyroid boost verses coconut oil for weight loss-adrenals too!
« on: October 07, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »
I am a mom of 5, age 40 and for the first time in about 10 years I can't drop some unwanted weight,  despite exercise, good diet, and still nursing a 20 month old 5x/day. I began natural progesterone cream 2 months ago after I read Dr. Lee's book and scored high on the estrogen dominance category.  I was hoping that would help, but still seems like my midsection just continues to bulge.  I do get cold hands and feet, in winter especially, so thought to maybe get some glandular thyroid as Dr. Lee recommends.  I was scanning some of the coconut oil threads and found that interesting as well.  can anyone comment on either approach?  Should I try one first or both?  Are both fine with nursing still? Thank you...can't wait to feel good in jeans again...not to mention would love a tummy tuck after 5 kiddos : OH, I also have had excess cortisol so I do take adrenal supps as well.  Along that can taking adrenal supps if cort is normal cause weight gain?  I have not had the cortisol levels checked in about 6 months but am still on the supps.  Thank you for any help!!!

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
Re: Thyroid boost verses coconut oil for weight loss-adrenals too!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:55:04 AM »
My Mom takes hydro-cortisone for adrenal problems and she can always tell when she needs to have her does lowered because she gains a lot of weight very quickly- mostly fluid. When she lowers the dose she loses the weight right away. Not sure about if the adrenal supports would do the same thing or not.

Offline Fallmom

• Learning
Re: Thyroid boost verses coconut oil for weight loss-adrenals too!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:27:09 AM »
Thank you for the adrenal tip, i will look into it