Author Topic: My MIL's knee went out. What could it be?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline mexmarr

• Master
My MIL's knee went out. What could it be?
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:41:09 AM »
My MIL's knee has been bothering her for a while and it was swollen.  The day before yesterday, it just went out and she fell.

Let me mention here that my MIL is very healthy.  She grows tons of produce every year, works harder than any woman I know.  She avoids drugs, and uses herbs and vitamins.  She fasts one day a week.  All in all, she is in good physical condition.  She's not too old - 55.

At first her leg hurt so bad that couldn't get up at all.  They got her to the couch and she stayed there.  (This is a woman who worked hard till the day her babies were born, and was up working again the nect morning).  She finally went to the doctor, and they though that it was either a cist behind her knee cap, that had burst, or a blood clot.  She went to the hospital this morning and they did an ultrasound.  It was determined that it was neither a cist or blood clot.  So we are back to square one.  They want to do an MRI to figure out the cause. She is very hesitant about that.

Any suggestions as to what it could be?  Opinions about MRI's?

Oh I almost forgot.  She is getting a little bit of atheritis in her hands.  Someone suggested that it could be related. What do you think?

Meanwhile, the pain has eased up.  She hobbling around in her garden and kitchen, now.  SHe tried crutches, but tossed them aside.  Too much of a bother...

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: My MIL's knee went out. What could it be?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 08:50:39 AM »
I would recommend cod liver oil and fresh pineapple between meals for the pain.  Cod liver oil is full of omega 3 fats that help to lubricate and heal the joints.  I think this would help with her knee and her arthritis.
  My favorite herb book!!