Author Topic: Whole family with parasites? How long to treat?  (Read 7985 times)

Offline srkfan1

• Learning
Whole family with parasites? How long to treat?
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:12:31 AM »
Well I feel just awful. I think my whole family....myself, my husband and our 2 year old have parasites. I saw some things in my stool that convince me that I have them and I have called the doctor to schedule a fecal test to find out but I'm wondering what they will find. I've read that many of those tests are unreliable. I've been fighting hormone imbalance and perimenopausal problems for months and about 6 months ago (maybe less) I had a colonoscopy done. They said I was "clean as a whistle". If I had parasites then, would they have been able to see them? Many of the symptoms of my perimenopausal issues are similar to those I have read are common for parasites so I am unsure. Here is what goes on regularly with me:

1)fairly loose stools frequently, sometimes diarrhea (lately very much so)
2)lately I have been waking up in the middle of the night and not able to go back to sleep (also frequent for perimenopausal women)
3)saw something that looked like it could have been worms in my stool
4)rectal itching and bleeding and sometimes mucus (all that I thought were related to a hemorroid)
5)lots of nausea, especially after taking vitamins and sometimes right after I eat
6)serious hunger that wakes me up in the middle of the night for about 4 nights now
7)some skin issues
8)discomfort that feels like it is in my liver (right up under my rib cage on right) that comes and goes--feels like it is too big or swollen--unsure
9)gas and bloated sometimes even though I have only eaten a little (yesterday it happened after eating a banana) and feeling full then even though I also still feel hungry
10)sometimes I get what I call "the 2 litre effect"--my colon seems to "shake" and gurgle as though someone is turning a 2 litre bottle of soda up and down

Even if the test comes back positive they will put me on antibiotics, right? I would prefer to treat this normally but want it gone fast. I have been following a pretty intense vitamin regimen since I started dealing with the hormone imbalance/perimenopause issues and I wonder if some of that that I am taking is just purging my system of parasites and that the nausea and stuff could be coming from that. The things I saw in my stool did not appear to be moving--but again unsure if they were parasites.

Also, I don't know if my 2 year old has them or not. He just started daycare and he has frequent loose stools but he also loves fruit and eats lots of it and has diluted juice twice a day. I've also seen stuff in his stools that look like tiny grains of rice....but then again, he eats rice often. I am soooo confused. My husband is overweight and heavy around the middle, lethargic, gassy, urgents stools at times and I think diarrhea too--he doesn't talk much about this stuff. And lots of skin issues. Oh and my son and I both have bad seasonal allergies and my son is showing signs of food allergies (hives and redness on his face) even though allergy tests came back negative. I have been showing signs of food intolerances with foods I've eaten all my life.

Lastly, this stuff seems highly contagious. How quickly can you get rid of it using supplements and herbs? I want to go on a trip with a friend in early Nov but am afraid to share a bathroom with her because of this. I don't want to give it to her. And what should we use---I'm afraid to try to treat a 2 year old without a doctor but feel like the Doc will just give antibiotics--which they have already given him too many of in his life. What should we try and how long should this take? Will there be die off and what are they symptoms of that?

Sorry to be so long winded, but so completely grossed out and freaked out at this point that I'm obsessed with fixing this fast.

Offline growinginHim

• Learning
Re: Whole family with parasites? How long to treat?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:14:35 AM »
When my sister came back from a mission's trip in Romania, the homeschool family she stayed with strongly suggested she (and everyone else on the team) be treated for parasites even though she was not showing any s/s.  They're recommendation was to fast for a couple of days while taking 8-10 drops of GSE/3xday.  I realize this would not work for everyone in your family, so you might consider taking GSE even though you are eating.  Not sure if that would help or not, but that's what I would do while continuing to research.  ;)

~Rachel

Offline srkfan1

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 12:13:06 PM »
Thanks Rachel....what is GSE and where can I find it? Health food store? Amazon.com?

I did see (I think) some evidence on my 2 years old's bum tonight when changing him. We have a Dr. appt tomorrow but who knows. I'm going to insist they test him but I'm not sure how to treat him. I am so disgusted. I can't wash my hands enough and feel like this is my failing. Of course he could have gotten them at the daycare he started 2 weeks ago. Hmmmm....

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »
GSE is grapefruit seed extract, and you can purchase it at your local health food store.

Just from reading your post, you might have some dairy allergies going on.  Many times a dairy allergy/intollerance can cause loose stools, gas and bloating, and even nausea.  Not saying that this is all you have going on, but you might want to check out staying off of dairy for a week or two and see how you feel.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »
This sounds like all three of you have bad food allergies - not parasites.  Undigested food will sometimes look like grains of rice.   This would be a sign of poor digestion caused by food allergies.  But all of this especially smacks of a dairy allergy. 

Rather then looking at parasites I would recommend you all three have an ELISA test done.  There is a thread here about food allergies, symptoms, etc.  You may want to read that first.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »
Hi dear,
I posted an answer on the other parasite thread you started here: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,25031.msg242077.html#new

While it could be just allergies, parasites are extremely common - between 85% - 90% of all Americans have some type of parasite... so don't feel like you have "failed", and don't feel like you have a plaque.  =)

Washing your hands with a gentle soap and warm, running water after using the toilet, or cleaning up after your little one is the best way to avoid contamination, or reinfestation after the parasites are gone (if, indeed, these are really parasites.)

I posted a natural remedy (that is proven to work!) on the other thread as well, and it doesn't require fasting - which, with a little one, would be important...
J
NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com