Author Topic: chronic sore throat  (Read 3549 times)

Offline bakermom

• Adept
chronic sore throat
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:43:44 AM »
I have had a sore throat in the vocal chord area on and off for over a year.  It might be a couple of months before it comes back.  I had one for the last month along with chin pain and odd feelings in the tongue and lips.  I really don't know what to think about the odd stuff.  It is like nerve pain.
I went to and ENT and he said my vocal chords are inflames.  Could be allergies or reflux and we will go back in two weeks.  I took the pepcid for a few days and it actually made me have awful reflux symptoms.  I went off it.  I have the allegro but it is not really helping.  Does it take awhile for those things to help or would you think this is something else?  What can I do to take down the inflammation there?  I got enzymes and am using ACV just today and yesterday.  It is very painful down in there. 

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: chronic sore throat
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:03:27 AM »
This sounds like it could be a reaction to a food.  Especially because it has been so prolonged.  Have you done any testing or considered this at all?  It sounds weird but that's what it sounds like to me.  When my  husband eats tomotoes he gets horrible pain in his shoulders like bursitis.  A food allergy will cause inflammation wherever your weak spot is in your body (apparently your throat is your spot).  If you remove the inflammation the pain will go away.  Any doctor will poo poo this but if you remove the food that's causing the inflammation the symtpoms will go away (if ths is what's causing it).

The two foods that generally cause throat, neck, nose, sinus issues are gluten and dairy.  Dairy tends to create a lot of mucous and inflammation in the head area where there is a lot of cartilage type tissue (as your throat is).  You could try and experiment by pulling ALL dairy (that means cheese, whey, casein, milk, etc) for 30 days and see if it starts to get better.  My guess is it will.  If it does, it just means you need to pull off of it and wait a good long time 1-2yrs before trying it again.

hth

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »
Anyone else have a chronic sore throat or any more ideas?  I am open to other ideas.  I would think the allergy meds or the reflux meds would give the throat time to clear up by now don't you?  Unless it is yeast or bacteria and they just have not called me.  I asked and they said they just talk about the results at the next visit.  It was much better today and now it hurts a lot again.  This is getting old. 

I also feel a sort of click in my neck when I swallow or bend sometimes.  It is weird feeling but that doesn't hurt me. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 07:25:31 AM »
My throat's not so much sore, but it's been feeling tight and strained for about 2 months now. I have to constantly clear my throat and I go hoarse all the time. Sometimes when I start to speak, nothing comes out. I don't have any post nasal drip or chest congestion. It seems to be only in my throat. It also seems to be getting progressively worse. I have been off of dairy for at least 3 years and nothing's changed in my diet, which is fairly healthy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 05:33:15 PM »
Chronic sore throat is on the official symptom list for altered adrenal function. Often thyroid function is also compromised. Do you have any other symptoms such as unexplained muscle pain, exhaustion or fatigue, or memory loss?

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 07:02:04 AM »
I do have those symptoms, but I thought it was because I just had a baby  :D I was taking some adrenal support, but ran out, so I guess I will get back on that! Thank you!