Author Topic: Extremely Long Period  (Read 5383 times)

Offline rasilla

• Learning
Extremely Long Period
« on: September 18, 2009, 03:41:57 AM »
I have had a period for nearly a month.  The flow is very low (using one pad a day, one at night) and I am not cramping or in any pain.  It is really only a minor inconvenience, that and I miss my hubby.

Is this a sign of something more serious? 

Thanks in advance!

Offline momof6boys

• Adept
Re: Extremely Long Period
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:23:57 AM »
My husband is a physician and his sisters have struggled with this problem.  Sometimes it is due to a low hemeoglobin level.

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:59:57 PM »
You might want to try taking some Red Raspberry either in capsule or tea form.  That can help strengthen your uterus.  If you have been going that long, you might be slightly anemic also.

And there are times when commercial products can cause you to go longer.  You might want to see if you can go without a pad for a day using old underwear.

These might help you too:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,12743.0.html
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,24240.0.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:09:13 PM by floydian »
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »
I also have this issue and I ditto floydian's suggestion of the red raspeberry. That is my first defense to a long period and it often solves the problem on its own. My issues stem from hormonal imbalances, so daily walking also helps to both stop the flow and regulate. HTH!
You get what you get, what matters is what you do with it.

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »
I also have this issue and I ditto floydian's suggestion of the red raspeberry. That is my first defense to a long period and it often solves the problem on its own. My issues stem from hormonal imbalances, so daily walking also helps to both stop the flow and regulate. HTH!

I didn't even think about that, but your progesterone could be low.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline tonysgirl

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 03:54:54 AM »
The Dr.'s say, in the books "What Your Dr. May Not Tell You About Menopause," and "About Premenopause", that your symptoms could be high estrogen/low progesterone. These books are terribly interesting- don't freak out if you're young, because these symptoms can start early!

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 07:10:29 AM »
Messed up hormones, fibroid tumors, endometreosis, a lack of certain minerals, memopause could all by reasons for it.

Offline kamom

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »
 Chaste berry (vitex) can regulate hormones and bleeding. It really helps me.

Offline kylesgirl

• Learning
  • More than conquerors...
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »
I recently had a period that lasted a totaly of 40 days!!! I just about lost my mind.  :o  I tried raspberry and chaste tree, and while they helped, they didn't stop the bleeding. Then through researching here and other places, I found that chlorophyll was good for stopping bleeding. So I tried it. After taking 2 does over the course of 5 days, the bleeding FINALLY stopped!! PRAISE GOD!! :)

Thanks for the help!!!
<3
Romans 8:37