Author Topic: Beauty tips for a nice complexion  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Jemima

• Adept
Beauty tips for a nice complexion
« on: September 10, 2009, 01:47:06 PM »
I'm not sure I gave this thread the most appropriate name...

What I'm looking for is some basic tips on facial care. Like exfoliating, scrubs, moisturizing, etc. - what is important for keeping your face nice, and what can be used that is more natural than the commercial stuff you can buy.

I need to be educated. ;D All I do right now is wash my face daily in the shower, scrubbing gently with water and a washcloth, and usually afterward moisturizing with lotion or aloe vera gel.  My face is ok, but it is kind of oily, and I think there's room for improvement.

Anyone with a good "beauty routine" want to share some tips?

Offline biecmom

• Learning
  • "Do the next thing" - Elisabeth Elliot
Re: Beauty tips for a nice complexion
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »
As a girl, I struggled with acne and we would use egg whites whipped firm for a facial mask.

Every once in a while we would use a TBS honey with course cornmeal (I think. Did anybody else do this?) as a scrub.

Now I use the Plantain and ACV recipe that is on one of the Pearl's videos.   It is just a good handful of plantain (like 40+ leaves) in a jar of ACV.  Let it sit 3 weeks, and you have an astringent.  I wet my face with hot/warm water and use one of the leaves in the jar as a medium with which to "scrub" my face.  Works pretty well.

HTH!
"Do the next thing" - Elisabeth Elliot

Offline EmilyWood

• Wide Eyed
Re: Beauty tips for a nice complexion
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
Hi,
For nice complexion, choose your dress according to the skin tone..
As its sometimes really difficult to decide to choose your prom dress according to your skin tone, so here are few tips which make easy to match the perfect dress according to your skin.

But here are some tips for you..

http://winter-shopping.blogspot.in/2013/01/how-to-choose-colour-of-your-dress.html