Author Topic: Toxin Free Lifestyle: How do YOU do it?  (Read 6574 times)

Offline seekingtruth

• Adept
Toxin Free Lifestyle: How do YOU do it?
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:46:33 AM »
I have been thinking about all I have learned over the last few years and what a blessing it has been in my life.  And I was trying to think of the 10 most influential decisions/ things I have learned/ do differently that I would want others to know about.  After the saving knowledge of Christ that is.  More along the health, natural living, life lessons lines.  So put your thinking caps on and share with us.

Here is mine off the top of my head-
1- The importance of the basics- clean air and water-
2- Avoiding or working towards getting off all prescription and over the counter              pharmaceuticals, health and beauty aids, etc.- using God's tools for healing and cleaning instead of man's
3- The importance of an effective digestive system and keeping it running smoothly
4- The benefits of fasting and internal cleansing
5- Avoiding processed sugars- especially HFCS and soda!
6- natural childbirth, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, babywearing
7- Breathing properly and the benefits of increasing your oxygen intake
8- Understanding God's line of authority in our lives- honoring our husbands and making him our first earthly priority.  It amazes me how many problems in my life were solved by this one lesson.
9- Eating the food the Lord intended for us- and not the corrupted concoctions of man designed to make them rich and us sick!
10- Getting enough rest and keeping life as simple as possible- relationships are more important than things.

Hope this gets you thinking.  I look forward to hearing your ideas.  You are welcome to be more specific if you would like.  Have fun.  Tammy

YoopreMama

Re: Toxin Free Lifestyle: How do YOU do it?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:46:29 PM »
I thought this would be worth bumping.  :)

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
Ooh!  There were  a couple on there I didn't think of!  Like the deep breathing one.  How true!   All good points.  ~L

Offline lovetoreadmom

• Master
  • Music in my kitchen :)
    • The Most Important Job in the World for a Married Woman
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 06:15:11 PM »
Hey, I really like #7 about proper breathing.  This was something I studied in college, and it has always been a hobby of mine.  It's amazing how learning to breathe the right way relieves stress from the nasal passages, down through the vocal cords, opening up the lungs to be the "bellows" they were intended to be, and just relying on the epigastric region to do its job right.

To add to what was said, and along of lines of breathing properly, I would add walking in quiet and/remote areas to breath in the fresh air and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.   :)
Wife to Ron for 8 years (on 7.13.10 :)), and Mama to DS 6yo, DD 3-1/2yo, and DS 19mo! . . . and DD#2 due in August, 2010.

Offline evalea

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
I thought it would be nice to have a list of our best tips for a chemical free life.  I am always looking for new ideas and tricks.  Having them all listed in one place might help some, I know it will do me good! 

My situation is a little limited right as I live in a dorm.  I try to eliminate as many chemicals as I can, but those around me do not always believe the same way!  You should hear the comments when they find out I use vinegar to clean.  :D

Here is my list (or as many as I can remember!):
   1. I use an all-natural shampoo bar or no-poo
   2. I use diluted lemon juice to rinse my hair
   3. I use a raw acv and tea tree oil mixture to clean, I also use windex a lot
   4. I do not use air fresheners
   5. Chemicals such as bleach, Lysol, and other cleaners are forbidden in my room
   6. I'll admit that I do use hairspray, but very little  :-[
   7. I use mineral make up--including a new mineral mascara my Loreal
   8. I wash my face with baking soda
   9. My laundry soap is chemical free
   10. I do not use fabric softener
   11. I wear cotton as much as possible
   12. My soap is all-natural and has no chemicals
   13.  I try to not eat anything I cannot pronounce
   14.  I do not use perfume, but diluted vanilla extract in a spray bottle is great! (1 tsp. vanilla to 1 cup water)
   15. My food is processed as little as possible

Hope some of these help.  I look forward to seeing what is posted so I can have some more ideas, too.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:55:29 PM by evalea »
~e

In all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God.

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »
I have just started using microfiber cloths for cleaning/mopping/even face washing, and I am amazed to see what you can get remarkably clean with only water!  I have found a high-quality brand that has silver woven into the fibers, and the bacteria from the mop/cloth are killed within a couple of hours.  I cleaned a sticky, greasy wall with only the cloth dipped in water, and it was honestly squeaky clean!  I'm not using chemicals or paper towels this way.

My kids said I'm going crazy with microfiber; I think dh is just happy to see me cleaning everything!  You can get cheap microfiber cloths, but I am already seeing a difference in cleaning quality with better quality cloths.

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »

My Mom made her own with corn syrup and water...I can't remember what else.  She said it's really good!
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline evalea

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 05:38:57 PM »

My Mom made her own with corn syrup and water...I can't remember what else.  She said it's really good!

I would be VERY interested in getting that recipe!  What else and how much?  That sounds like a great idea.
~e

In all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God.

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
Here is a whole thread on homemade hairspray.  I found a recipe using the ingredients that she uses.  I think you would want to adjust the corn syrup amount according to how much hold you need.  She said she only uses a 'tad bit' of corn syrup. :)
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,326.msg211053.html#msg211053
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline rockclimber

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 07:35:13 PM »
Young Living Essential Oils and products have helped us a lot in replacing toxins in our lives.  I know that there are a lot of great ways to get rid of toxins, but I sure have gained a lot from using YL products.

Young Living's essential oils have replaced my perfume.  They've replaced my air fresheners.  They've replaced cleaners for the mold and scum that had accumulated in my bathtub. They've replaced bleach for disinfecting.  They've replaced antibacterial soap.   They've replaced many things in my medicine cabinet for my two young boys, my husband, and me.  I have used them successfully on ear infections, earaches, bruises, headaches, strep throat, sinus congestion, back injury, other illnesses, and I'm pretty sure that Young Livings Theives EO blend helped me stay well when the vomiting bug was spreading through our house last year.  I think that Jordan Rubin's advanced hygiene Clenzology facial solution really helped with that too. The best deal I found for that was at this website: www.healthfoodemporium.com  This is the direct link to the facial solution: http://www.healthfoodemporium.com/prod_page.php?id=115  It was a little odd at first to sniff water up my nose, but it didn't take long to get used to it, and it's definately worth using.

I recently learned about using Young Living's Theives Household Cleaner for almost any cleaning around the house.  I learned this from a lady who had to rid her house of chemicals when she found her daughter had allergies to chemicals.  It can be used in the dishwasher - one capful of Theives Cleaner in the bottom (one capful is only a teaspoon!).  It can be used in laundry - one capful per regular load plus 1/2 c. baking soda.  Dilute it and it can be a cleaner for almost anything in the house.

Oh, I almost forgot one of my new favorites.  I use Young Living's Theives toothpaste for my deodorant now and I love it!

I love reading so many great ideas on this website!
Kassia

Let me know if you want more info on Young Living's products.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:47:26 PM by rockclimber »