Author Topic: Opinions on a Specific Medical Professional, Please.  (Read 4504 times)

Offline 4lilkeepers

• Adept
Opinions on a Specific Medical Professional, Please.
« on: August 14, 2009, 04:29:31 AM »
t here.

My six year old has an appointmet to see this man
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=dr.+chapdelain%2C+tennessee&page=1&qsrc=2106&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naturalhealthbridge.net%2FClinic%2Ftony.html   

Is he like a medical doctor or family doctor?  He writes perscriptions for antibiotics, anti fungals, etc....  Would you go to him?   He links Dr. Mercola on his site, so that's a positive, I think.

I just need some opiionions.  Dd (6) has had lymes diseas twice this summer and now has 2-3 swollen lymph nodes on her neck and no other symptoms. 

thanks,

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Opinions on a Specific Medical Professional, Please.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:50:51 AM »
i have been wanting a dr. like him that would do blood tests, stool and urine analysis, etc. and treat naturally.  they are hard to find.  i would just be wary of any really strange ideas such as the "EFT" emotional freedom technique, etc.  i hope you have great results with him.  i am surprised he doesn't mention yeast or fungal infections much.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 05:26:55 AM »
t here.

My six year old has an appointmet to see this man
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=dr.+chapdelain%2C+tennessee&page=1&qsrc=2106&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naturalhealthbridge.net%2FClinic%2Ftony.html   

Is he like a medical doctor or family doctor?  He writes perscriptions for antibiotics, anti fungals, etc....  Would you go to him?   He links Dr. Mercola on his site, so that's a positive, I think.

I just need some opiionions.  Dd (6) has had lymes diseas twice this summer and now has 2-3 swollen lymph nodes on her neck and no other symptoms. 

thanks,

This guy is an MD, that like Dr. Mercola, leans more natural.  He does appear to be involved in the EFT stuff (and several others along those lines) but he does do the testing that would be helpful to people (stool, allergy).  I would just be very firm when it comes to the voodoo type stuff (only if he brings it up - don't start out being contentious about it) and I think this is probably as good a pick as you'll find for an MD.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline 4lilkeepers

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 05:39:09 AM »
so, would this guy be considered a family doctor?  Would you take your child there if you thought they had strep, or the chickenpox or if they were throwing up and had dirreah?  Or, is he only for certain things?  When I hear alternative med. I think of allergies, etc... If someone asked you who your family physcian was, would you be comfortable (based on the info on the site) as writing this man's name in the blank?  We don't have a family doc and this guy is an hour and 40 minutes away, but we're not sick that often and I treat most things at home.  The lymph node thing, has got me stumped, though. 

thanks again for the input.  I just need some "sound" minds informing me on this. heehehhe

4keepers

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:23:27 AM »
I think the best way to determine if you would hire this guy to be your family MD is for you AND hubby to go (if possible) and sort of 'interview' him, get a feel of where he stands on things like vaccinations, use of antibiotics vs. other, "wellness checkups" and stuff like that. You will probably find that just by talking with him that you will either agree or disagree on his stance on things. I would even come right out and ask him if he is comfortable that you would consider him your family doctor.

Hubby and I have interviewed docs before (in a non-threatening way), just as we have dentists, midwives and pastors. It's just a wise thing to do before giving them authority to work with your family. ;)

I'll pray that God will give you wisdom and insight. When is your appt?

"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline angelo212

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »
Any Doctor who links to Dr Mercola I would have nothing to do with. He gets worse the older he gets.  You can do all the good in the world but your credibility is shot once you think Emotional freedom whatever you call it is credible. I guess it may not hurt to try him but be firm in things you don't believe will help.