Author Topic: Bentonite Clay: What, Why, When & How to Use  (Read 76375 times)

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
Re: Bentonite Clay: What, Why, When & How to Use
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2008, 05:03:16 AM »
Does anyone know if you can apply bentonite clay to a specific area to remove toxins from that area?  I have an ovarian cyst that won't go away and I thought about putting bentonite clay on that spot to see if it'd help pull the toxins from there.  Or on a breast cyst??  If it can pull metals and other junk out, wouldn't it work for this also?

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:16 AM »
Wow, I imagine it would help...but how you gonna get it there??? :o

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 05:59:54 AM »

I was just going to pack it on my abdomen where my ovary is, on the outside of my skin ya know.  Or on the side of my breast where it swells.
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2008, 07:09:22 AM »
You had me wondering!!! ;D

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »

I was just going to pack it on my abdomen where my ovary is, on the outside of my skin ya know.  Or on the side of my breast where it swells.
I don't know if this would work but it would be worth a try.   Let us know if it works OK.   :)
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2008, 09:37:07 AM »
I've read in a few different places that you can use a bentonite clay pack to draw toxins out of the liver, so I don't see why not an ovarian cyst.

Anybody ever tried bentonite clay in an enema?  I've been reading a lot about it, and I thought I might try one tonight.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:13:27 PM by morningglory »

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »
I'd definitely be interested in finding out how that 'comes out'  :o ;D  Seriously, I have a congested 4yo and you must share the process and results if you do one.

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »
LOL!  I'm already doing an herbal colon cleanse, and enemas everyday to speed the process, so you may not want to know what comes out!  I do think I'll try it, because it's supposed to help pull the toxic matter from the sides of the instestines.

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »
I have what have been diagnosed as benign cysts on my scalp- little hard bumps that don't really do anything but occasionally hurt if I hit them too hard with a hair brush. Do you think bentonite clay would help?
You get what you get, what matters is what you do with it.

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
So are you leaving the clay on till it dries? Or do you only leave it on for a certain amount of time?

How do you do the bath? And what are the benefits? Is it okay to do while nursing?

Okay now I know how to get the lumps out but how long are you leaving the mask on?

For the baths is there a measurement to go by ??? say 1/4 cup per so many pounds or something similar? Do you just dump the dry clay in your bath water and then just sit/soak in it for a certain amount of time?
I am very interested to know, thanks for all the help. ;)

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »
So are you leaving the clay on till it dries? Or do you only leave it on for a certain amount of time?

How do you do the bath? And what are the benefits? Is it okay to do while nursing?

Okay now I know how to get the lumps out but how long are you leaving the mask on?

For the baths is there a measurement to go by ??? say 1/4 cup per so many pounds or something similar? Do you just dump the dry clay in your bath water and then just sit/soak in it for a certain amount of time?
I am very interested to know, thanks for all the help. ;)

I leave the mask on for 15 min. I would like to do longer as it is usually not quite dry by this point, but it starts to ITCH! I don't know anything about the baths as I haven't done them yet, but I did my first mask in the tub and after washing my face and the whole messy application part (it's not really that bad, but it was my first time  ::)) there was a little bit in the tub with me. I would not have thought it enough to make any difference but the next day I had some pimple-type things pop out in some very odd places. I'm certain this was because of the clay, but I'm not sure what good it did for my insides. hope someone else has more info for you soon!
You get what you get, what matters is what you do with it.

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »
Does anyone know if you can apply bentonite clay to a specific area to remove toxins from that area?  I have an ovarian cyst that won't go away and I thought about putting bentonite clay on that spot to see if it'd help pull the toxins from there.  Or on a breast cyst??  If it can pull metals and other junk out, wouldn't it work for this also?

abbilynn

I have often wondered about using it on ganglion cysts.  I was going to try it, but now my cyst went away.  Anyone else try it for cysts?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2008, 06:05:22 AM »
does anyone know if bentonite clay would be good for someone who had some of their intestens removed due to colitis and could they use psyllium also. They have diarrhea most of the time. They are taking a colon cleanse  with turkey rhubarb in it right now. I don't know how well that is working for her. I would think it might be hard on her.
Oh has anyone ever heard of  Indian rhubarb? Or where to get it?
.http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3271.0.html
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »
My question exactly, abbilynn!  ;D  I'm assuming cups, too...

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
I've read this entire thread over a period of time (weeks, to be exact) so I may have already forgotten what some of it said.   ::)  Please forgive if this is a repeat. 

I understand the clay is a toxin remover.  That being the case, I have an autoimmune disease that is caused by toxicity (which we've been working on for a long time).  I'm curious if the clay would help it?  The AI affects my bladder so I'm wondering if the effects of it going through my system will pull toxins with it?  And, would could that aggravate my bladder?  How does the clay exit?  I'm good with working through the pain if it's pulling toxins.  I just want to make sure I understand how it works and how much to take.  Can I use something other then psyllium hulls?  That stuff is bad news for me.   :o

Thanks,

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 07:21:44 PM »
I've read this entire thread over a period of time (weeks, to be exact) so I may have already forgotten what some of it said.   ::)  Please forgive if this is a repeat. 

I understand the clay is a toxin remover.  That being the case, I have an autoimmune disease that is caused by toxicity (which we've been working on for a long time).  I'm curious if the clay would help it?  The AI affects my bladder so I'm wondering if the effects of it going through my system will pull toxins with it?  And, would could that aggravate my bladder?  How does the clay exit?  I'm good with working through the pain if it's pulling toxins.  I just want to make sure I understand how it works and how much to take.  Can I use something other then psyllium hulls?  That stuff is bad news for me.   :o

Thanks,

patti

I've read somewhere, maybe the How-To-Herb Book? that when taking clay internally, the toxins are filtered through the kidneys.  I'm thinking the best way for you may be the baths.  That way the stress of detox would be spread over your entire body and not concentrated on your bladder and kidneys.  You wouldn't have to worry about the psyllium, and if I understand correctly, the baths work much faster.

The problem with taking it internally is that it'll suck any medications you're taking right out of you, and if your colon isn't clean, it can be difficult to make sure the clay leaves your system fast enough.

If you do decide to try it internally, maybe whole flax seed and an herbal laxative?  That's supposed to be a good colon cleanse too.  It couldn't hurt to try! :)

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »
Anyone know about using a clay mask for a face rash?  My friend's son had a tick, they got it off, head and all, the next day he wakes up with his eyes almost swollen shut and very itchy, puffy skin around eyes, forehead and cheeks.  Nothing around the site of the bite, though.  I gave her some comfrey, some soothing salves, and ground oatmeal to see if some of these will help with the itching, but I was wondering if anyone has used the bent. clay to help with rashes.
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »
My Mom  puts a "colon cleansing " ( it is not actually for your face  ;) ) mask on when she gets a tick on her because she gets a rash from them. It is mostly bentonite clay. It might help and definitely won't hurt. It works best if you put it on as soon as you find and remove the tick.

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2008, 04:29:49 PM »
I've used charcoal to pull out toxins from bites.   Use activated charcoal and add some water to make a paste.   I guess I wouldn't recommend putting this on his face because it might stain but bentonite clay is similar acting so I think it would pull the toxins out just like charcoal.  HTH

YoopreMama

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »
Has anyone said how long you leave it on when you apply it to a sore or sting or bite?

Offline HOMEFree

• Adept
    • Spark This Marriage - Christian marriage & romance boutique
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
With my third pregnancy, I had heartburn so bad. Worse than I had ever had with my other two. I actually had an ulcer develop in my esophogus because of it. It was the most horrible and painful thing.
My midwife suggested I use bentonite clay for the heartburn. She gave me a small vial and said to mix it with honey in a spoon. I tell you it was like gold to me. I had never heard of BC before and the stuff helped!
I have never seen it in a store since. Sure wish I could find it.
My point is- it works great on heartburn!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:59:47 PM by H0MEFree »

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
Has anyone said how long you leave it on when you apply it to a sore or sting or bite?
I would leave it on for at least half and hour and longer if possible.   

YoopreMama

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »
Thank you, daisey!  :)

HOMEFree--you can buy BC from the Bulk Herb Store...

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2008, 04:11:51 AM »

We leave it on until it is dry- about 15-20 min.

YoopreMama

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »
STILL PAGING ABBILYNN!  ;D  How much in your baths--cups?

Anyone ever use it on an eczema-like rash?  I tried it today--seemed to take out some redness & smooth the skin.  ???

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »

Thanks,

patti

I've read somewhere, maybe the How-To-Herb Book? that when taking clay internally, the toxins are filtered through the kidneys.  I'm thinking the best way for you may be the baths.  That way the stress of detox would be spread over your entire body and not concentrated on your bladder and kidneys.  You wouldn't have to worry about the psyllium, and if I understand correctly, the baths work much faster.

The problem with taking it internally is that it'll suck any medications you're taking right out of you, and if your colon isn't clean, it can be difficult to make sure the clay leaves your system fast enough.

If you do decide to try it internally, maybe whole flax seed and an herbal laxative?  That's supposed to be a good colon cleanse too.  It couldn't hurt to try! :)

Two questions:  how much for a bath?  And, what does happen if it takes too long to leave my system?  The only medication I'm on for my bladder is at night when the pain is at its worst.  So I don't think that would be a problem.

thx

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2008, 04:49:10 AM »
STILL PAGING ABBILYNN!  ;D  How much in your baths--cups?

Anyone ever use it on an eczema-like rash?  I tried it today--seemed to take out some redness & smooth the skin.  ???

Sorry Yooper, I totally missed this! haha  Servantgirl told me I was being paged.  ;) :D  We got our clay from clayforautism.com and it came with a packet of instructions.   It lists how much and the amount of time to stay in the bath. 

20-25 lbs  1/4 cup-1/3 cup  up to 4 min.
26-33 lbs  1/3 cup              up to 4 min.
34-39 lbs  1/3 cup              up to 5-6 min.
40-45 lbs.  1/3 cup             up to 8 min.
46-50 lbs.  1/3 cup             up to 9 min.
51-55 lbs.  1/3 cup             up to 10 min.
56-60 lbs.  1/2 cup             up to 6 min.
61-65 lbs.  1/2 cup             up to 7 min.
66-75 lbs.  1/2 cup             up to up to 8-9 min.
76-85 min.  3/4 cup            up to 7-8 min.
86-100 lbs.  3/4 - 1 cup       up to 6 min.

That is what they list.  I guess for an adult you would use what they say for 100 lbs. PLUS the extra of whatever else you weigh.  ???  They also say that if the child (or adult I'd assume) has health conditions, to work up to the whole dose slowly.  And even once you get up to the whole dose, only do the baths once a week.  Follow up with Emergen-C or something else to replace your vitamins and minerals that the clay will pull out.  Rinse off after the bath so the clay won't stay on your skin and dry it out.  They do not advise using the clay for children under 1.  If you prefer not to do the whole bath, you can do foot baths.  The recommendation for foot baths is 1/2 - 2 cups of clay for 10-40 minutes, and start slowly.

When I give the boys a bath with the clay, I put really hot water in the blender then add the recommended amount of clay and mix it up smooth.  Then I start the bath and let it fill a little bit (make sure the water is very warm but not HOT.  Make sure your tube is plugged properly too).  Then I pour the clay mixture in the tub and use a whisk to get it all mixed up well.  I have the child get in and immerse themselves as much as possible with their head still up out of the water.  Then I time them with a clock for the recommended amount of time and get them out, drain the tube and rinse it out well, and have them shower off.  Then I give them Emergen-C and their vitamins. 

Hope that helps some!  I'm not a professional, so this is just my opinion/experience. 

abbilynn

YoopreMama

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2008, 05:37:55 AM »
:-*  That is so helpful--thanks, Abbilynn!

I tried the BC mask last night on my face--love the results!  So smooth and shiny--not dry...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:14:54 AM by Yooper »

YoopreMama

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
Abbilynn-
Do you use the clay water from bather #1 for bather #2?  Assuming, they can have a similar dose, or that the 2nd bather needs just a little more added...

AND

What kind of effects do you notice?  And how soon?

The blender trick worked well, thanks!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:26:09 AM by Yooper »

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2008, 02:28:01 PM »
Abbilynn-
Do you use the clay water from bather #1 for bather #2?  Assuming, they can have a similar dose, or that the 2nd bather needs just a little more added...

AND

What kind of effects do you notice?  And how soon?

The blender trick worked well, thanks!   ;D

Glad the blender worked!  And no, definitely do not use the water again.  Start with new clay/water.  There is toxic junk in the clay/water when the child gets out so you want to start fresh for the next kid.  ;)  As far as side effects, when we first started them (mind you, my son's both have heavy metals at high levels  :o)  they would be MISERABLE for at least a day.  Lots of crankiness, crying, irritability, meltdowns, etc.  But the longer we did the baths every week, the less that happened.  Now, it actually CALMS them instead of making them crazy!!   ;D

abbilynn