Author Topic: Herbal Dessert Recipes  (Read 3351 times)

Offline grannysgoo

• Learning
Herbal Dessert Recipes
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
I am hoping a few of you have some awesome herbal dessert recipes to share.  Such as Lavender cookies, or Stevia brownies.  If you do would you mind posting them here for others to try?  Thanks!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Herbal Dessert Recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:56:25 AM »
This Basil Chocolate Cake is amazing! http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com/2008/06/chocolate-basil-cake.html Cinnamon basil is my fav for this.
I also like to add coarsely chopped basil to snickerdoodle cookies (cinnamon sugar cookie type.)

Offline grannysgoo

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:02:40 AM »
Nice!  can't wait to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Offline grannysgoo

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 07:00:28 AM »
ORANGE PEEL BASIL COOKIES
 3/4  cup softened butter
3/4  cup sugar (3 tblsp)
1  large egg
1 tbsp orange peel (grated)
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
1/3 cup fresh basil (minced)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup chopped pecans (finely)

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup of sugar, beating well. Add the egg, orange peel, orange juice, and basil leaves, beating until blended. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Combine pecans and remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. Divide dough into 3 portions. Shape first batch of dough into 1 inch balls and roll in pecan mixture. Place balls, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Repeat with 2 remaining dough portions.

Offline grannysgoo

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »
this one is awesome.  My kids gobble them up, and I plan to take them to the farmers market :)

Lavender Oatmeal cookies
1/2 cup butter (softened)
`1/2 cup brown sugar
`1 large egg
`3 tbs whole milk
`1tsp vanilla
`2 tsp dried lavender
`1/2 tsp lemon zest
`juice of half a lemon
`1 cup dried oats
`1 1/2 cups flour
`2 tsp baking powder
`1/2 cup white chocolate
Directions
`Mix the butter and sugar till creamy
`Add egg, milk, vanilla, lavender, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until all incorporated.
`In a another bowl mix flour, oats and baking powder

`Mix both the wet and dry ingredients together until a dough forms. (Dough will be dry, but should form balls)

Bake cookies at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
`Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute or until smooth and glossy.
`When the cookies have cooled, spread the white chocolate onto the back of each cookie.