Author Topic: Husband has Weld Flash  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Junior

• Wide Eyed
Husband has Weld Flash
« on: July 22, 2009, 01:59:03 AM »
My DH got weld flash last night from not wearing a welding helmet :-\ and this morning he is in a lot of pain....understandably.  He says it feel like he has sandpaper in his eyes and any light to his eyes is almost unbearable.  Is there anything I can do for him to lessen the pain? 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:12:56 AM by Junior »

Offline RB

• Adept
Re: Husband has Weld Flash
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:22:50 AM »
This remedy was passed on to me from my Mom.   For welder burn use an organic or fresh out of the garden potato.  Slice  and place a slice on each eye. 

My husband had welder burn many years ago and he slept with a potato slice on each eye and got up the next morning and his eyes were healed.   We had tried a non- organic potato first and it didn't work.  Hope this help!

Blessing's,
                                        RB
Whatsoever things are lovely ...think on these things.  Phil. 4:8

Offline SarahLaRae

• Master
  • Sweet Anna
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 09:51:41 AM »
I second the potato.  I had to use one on my eye as a teen when I burned it with a curling iron.  Helped a bunch!

Offline Junior

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:08:25 AM »
Thanks for the tip on using potato.  It seemed to help him.  Another thing I tried was using moist teabags and setting them on his eyes, and he found relief from that as well.  It did a great job of sealing off any light that may have made it to his pupils.