Author Topic: Eczema: Diagnoses, Causes & Cures  (Read 260675 times)

Offline Sunny

• Adept
Eczema: Diagnoses, Causes & Cures
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:11:14 AM »
Wow!  I'm impressed with your thoroughness!  i have minor problems with itching, mostly in the winter, but my 4 year old son has a lot of trouble with dry skin/eczema, which the Dr. suggests a prescription cream, but I have to put it on constantly to keep these spots at bay.  Have you ever found a good lotion or moisturizer that might help with this?  I think part of his problem is commercial soap drying his skin, so I'm going to look into a couple of the websites you have suggested.

Thanks for all the info  :)

Sunny
Audrey(1) was still a little wobbly walking, so she would walk with both arms out and above her head.  Emma(3) saw her and cried "Look!  Audrey is praising the Lord!"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Eczema: Diagnoses, Causes & Cures
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:54:33 AM »
Wow!  I'm impressed with your thoroughness!  i have minor problems with itching, mostly in the winter, but my 4 year old son has a lot of trouble with dry skin/eczema, which the Dr. suggests a prescription cream, but I have to put it on constantly to keep these spots at bay.  Have you ever found a good lotion or moisturizer that might help with this?  I think part of his problem is commercial soap drying his skin, so I'm going to look into a couple of the websites you have suggested.

I've never done any research on eczema, but my legs, arms and head used to itch so badly that I had sores from scratching.  I also used to get patches on my skin that a doctor told me was mild eczema, but I later found out, this was yeast/fungus.  I treated this problem with over-the-counter and perscription anti-fungal creams, which worked for awhile, but I think the fungus builds a tolerance to it after awhile.   I finally discovered the use of anti-bacterial soap was the biggest contributor to the fungus.  I quit using it.  I still had some problems, but it takes time for your body to re-colonize the beneficial bacteria that keeps the yeast growth to a minimum.  After about 2 years or so, (I used the soap for about 10 years), I finally told the doctor, I was sick of the creams and he prescribed the new anti-fungal drug "Lamisil".  It's very expensive, but I took it for two weeks and I very seldom get the patches anymore.  Winter-time can still be a problem, but a good humidifier and using the vinegar rinse from your hair on your body can also help.  The humidifier keeps the skin moist and the vinegar has excellent natural anti-fungal properties.  Another wonderful natural anti-fungal is garlic.  You can actually eat, or apply directly to fungus to help this problem.  The garlic and the vinegar both smell quite bad, but the vinegar smell will go away when dry, as the garlic smell, well...don't sweat.  Hahaha!   

I changed doctors recently and filled him in on my long history of fungus-fighting and he actually told me that the Aborigenes' cure this problem by burying themselves in the dirt for a day.  He said he didn't recommend this, but it actually supports the fact that Americans are too obsessed with what they consider "clean".  They have gone beyond clean, and have hit sterile.  The problem with our concept of sterile only contains viruses and bacteria.  There are some other critters out there that cause problems and some of those that are being sterilized away, are actually needed in the natural balance of things.  It's like using an H-bomb on the body.  No discrimination killing.  And if the bomb didn't get you, the radiation will.

I just did a quick search on eczema and I found an interesting website.  It may not have all the answers, but it may give you a good stepping stone.  I recommend that you find everything you can on the disease.  Prove the doctor's diagnosis, wrong or right, and then find everything you can to fix it.  This site http://www.icelandhealth.com/eczema.html  actually says that it may be a result of food allergies.  If you want to read an interesting book on severe food allergies and what they can cause, read "Unraveling the Mystery of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder: A Mother's Story of Research and Recovery" by Karen Seroussi.  The author of this book did the most extensive research on diet allergies and how to spot them without extensive medical testing I've ever seen and it's all documented in her book. 

I'm no medical expert.  I'm not really an expert on anything except maybe research.  I love to learn and nothing inspires me more than a need to find an answer.  Don't take my word for it.  Use the info I've provided and use it to get you started on your own journey of discovery and understanding.  You'll be amazed at what you'll learn "by accident" on the way to the answer you're looking for.

P.S.  Link for homemade laundry soap
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:00:07 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:56:28 AM »
Wow!  Great job on all the research!  I also spent a couple years trying to unravel the mysteries of eczema and food allergies as my son had horrible food allergies and it manifested itself through itchy, bloody eczema.
I found that altering his diet to omit the allergens worked well, but not completely.  There were environmental issues as well that I could not completely elliminate from his surroundings such as dust mites, mold and various grasses (can't deny a little boy playing outside!).
The other thing that helped tremendously (as well as constant prayer!) was chiropractic adjustments.  Once he started getting regular adjustments I could tell a marked difference.  To this day if he gets a bout of hives (he's still allergic to dogs), I can get him cracked and the hives are gone w/in hours.  Otherwise, he will suffer for days. 
Anyway, thanks for bringing this information to light as I'm sure there are countless people dealing with these issues.

Offline Sunny

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:36:58 AM »
I spent a couple years trying to unravel the mysteries of eczema...The other thing that helped tremendously (as well as constant prayer!) was chiropractic adjustments.  Once he started getting regular adjustments I could tell a marked difference.  To this day if he gets a bout of hives (he's still allergic to dogs), I can get him cracked and the hives are gone w/in hours.  Otherwise, he will suffer for days.

Do you know the reason that the back-cracking works?  I would have never put the two together.  Just curious.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:15:41 PM by healthybratt »
Audrey(1) was still a little wobbly walking, so she would walk with both arms out and above her head.  Emma(3) saw her and cried "Look!  Audrey is praising the Lord!"

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »
Sunny - not sure the exact physiology of it, but from what i understand each of your vertebra contain a bundle of nerves that connect to all of your other body systems, organs, etc. 
When I first brought my son to the chriopractor, he asked me if he suffered from allergies because the vertebra that was out was connected to his adenal gland which effect the function of the immune system and an overactive immune system causes allergies, etc!
Anyway, I think it's similar with his hives. 
He can certainly tell me when my sons have been jumping on the trampoline because of where their backs are out - go figure  :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:15:09 PM by healthybratt »

Offline Tychey

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 11:19:36 AM »
I just wanted to say that Cow Dairy can have a huge impact on eczema, so I would highly recommend staying away from it for a while to see if it makes a difference. 

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 02:26:23 AM »
My nephew has terrible eczema on his arms and I think other parts of his body as well.  He is only 6 months old.  My sister-in-law took my to the doctor and they put him on antibiotics and cortisone cream.  They don't seem to be working and my sister-in-law is getting really worried and frustrated.  Does anyone have an idea of what might work????I read another post where it was suggested to try neem oil.  Is that okay for a baby???  Please help ;D
-KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 03:02:59 AM »
My nursing babies get eczema when I drink cow milk because they're allergic to it, even though I never give it to them to drink.  :-\
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline Leah IL

• Adept
    • Hillman Acres
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 03:38:43 AM »
My nephew has terrible eczema on his arms and I think other parts of his body as well.  He is only 6 months old.  My sister-in-law took my to the doctor and they put him on antibiotics and cortisone cream.  They don't seem to be working and my sister-in-law is getting really worried and frustrated.  Does anyone have an idea of what might work????I read another post where it was suggested to try neem oil.  Is that okay for a baby???  Please help ;D
-KG

Is he breastfeeding or bottlefeeding?  Is he eating any solid food yet?
Leah
Married to Ken 14 years, mom to Kenny (13), Kyle and Kaitlyn (11), Kevin (5) and Megan and Melissa (1 1/2)

My Intro: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1573.msg838.html#msg838

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 04:12:32 AM »
He is breastfeeding and I think he does get an occasional bottle of formula.  I know he is eating rice cereal, but I'm not sure about fruits and veggies.  Do you think its allergies???  I'm worried that it might be vaccinations.

-KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline Mamatutu

• Learning
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 05:21:36 AM »
A major cause of eczema is a reaction to clothing. Fabric softeners and detergents with dyes/perfumes are generally the culprits. This can be remedied by switching detergent (ALL Free and CLear is a good one), replacing fabric softener by putting vinegar in the rinse dispenser (helps rinse soap, extra cleaning agent AND fabric softener all in one!), and perhaps adding a second rinse to the babies laundry (keeping them separate is a good idea). Also remember mama's clothes (contact during nursing and Loving!) and baby's bedding. If she is nursing, refined foods (preservatives, white flour, white sugar, etc) can cause reactions as well. Primrose oil is another 'remedy' but the key is to find what is causing it, not just try to cover it up. Diet-wise she could go to a very simple/plain diet and then slowly add differnt items in~ watching for a flare-up. Also, on clothing~ exposed elastic is very irrating and 100% cotton seems to be helpful. Hope this helps!
Stacey ~ Privileged to be the wife and helpmeet of my darling Daniel and devoted mama to four precious babes~ Micah Daniel (2/7/04), Rebekah Hope (9/8/05), and Eliahna Pearl (6/9/07), and TBA November 2008.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 05:45:43 AM »
-KG

Here are some of the topics which already address this.

Homemade Remedies
Hair and Scalp and Skin Care(1)
Hair and Scalp and Skin Care(2)
Eczema and Chiropractics
Yeast or Parasites
Asthma (and Soy Sensitivity)
Nice to Meet You (Soy Sensitivity)
Psoriasis Treatment Options (Wheat Sensitivity)
Homemade Laundry Soap (Detergent Sensitivities)
Reflux in Babies (food sensitivities)
Candida/Yeast Symptoms
Causes and Cures of Diaper Rash (baby bath sensitivities)

I am finding through research that any or all of the above causes could contribute to eczema, but it seems that of the food related allergies go back to yeast.  When the body is overloaded with candida albicans, they poke holes in the intestines causing undigested food particles to enter the blood stream without going through "proper channels".  This direct contact with allergen foods can cause babies and adults to develop allergies to foods over time and this makes it much harder to diagnose the problem.  It is thought that getting yeast under control with the use of probiotics and yeast killers and possibly using cod liver oil to help the intestines heal themselves, could in fact reverse the allergies to soy, dairy, wheat, etc.  Wheat and dairy are both good foods in and of themselves when eaten unrefined and unprocessed; however they share similar proteins "casene" and "gluten".  These are thought to be the cause of the allergic reactions to these foods.  Soy on the other hand is not a good food UNLESS it has been sprouted or fermented and just about every processed box dinner, premade bread, etc has hydrogenated soy products in them.  Hydrogenation is a whole other story, but can be related because it's replacing the necessary fats which contribute to intestinal health (the Omega 3 fats) with unnatural and unhealthy trans-fats or trans-fatty acids.  This is why a supplement of Cod Liver Oil may in fact help to reverse these conditions.

The only one that may not be yeast related would be an allergy or reaction to the harsh chemicals found in shampoos and baby bath.  These are not natural products and can cause severe to moderate symptoms in just about anyone especially when used over a long period of time.

If you want more information on the above, I would recommend you visit mercola.com and do a search on any and all of the subjects listed above.  This webiste contains a plethera of information on these topics.

My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 05:55:38 AM »
A major cause of eczema is a reaction to clothing. Fabric softeners and detergents with dyes/perfumes are generally the culprits. This can be remedied by switching detergent (ALL Free and CLear is a good one)

This may in fact help, but you may find that it will be a temporary fix.  The dyes and fragrances can cause reactions, but the culprit is more likely the detergent itself.  Over time, symptoms may reoccur.  Dreft, although rumored to be gentle, is also in fact a detergent.  This may lessen or even temporarily stop symptoms as well, but I would surmise, eventually symptoms will return, maybe not immedietly but eventually (maybe even into adulthood).  I personally would recommend not using any kind of detergent whatsoever.  I would try using the homemade soap recipes.  These are detergent free and have no fragrances, dyes or any other hidden igredients.  You know what's in it because you put it there.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 06:44:56 AM »
This is exactly what happened to my son.  It started with bad craddle cap, then bright red cheeks, then eczema on his inner elbows, wrists then slowly down to his knees/feet. 
I would say these are classic signs of food allergies.  Definitely get the detergent, dyes and perfumes out of the laundry and stop all fabric softeners.  We haven't used fabric softener in years and have never really been able to tell a difference. 
Definitely get all dairy, wheat, soy, nuts, eggs out of mom and baby's diet.  If he gets an occasional bottle, make sure it's goats milk.  If he is starting on cereal, then she can make her own from ground brown rice (grind in coffee grinder and add 1/3c rice to 1c boiling water).  Make sure it is brown rice as white rice is also a common allergen. Mix it with goat milk or breast milk to a smooth consistency and she can also freeze small portions of this - do not use microwave.
The sooner food is introduced to baby's diet, the more likely they are to develop allergies, so see if she can hold off as long as possible, even if it means nursing more often.  I know it's harder with boys as they tend to require more food - stocky little fellows  ;D
Anyway, first order of business would be to get that baby off the antibiotics and cortisone cream.  They will make the condition worse in the end (yeast!).  It is my personal opinion that a lot of doctors prescribe antibiotics when they don't know what the heck they are really dealing with and think they'll see if this pill will take care of it.  Honestly, I don't think they know better and have no idea what these antibiotics are really doing to the body.  If she can find a good natropath, then go with that! 
This is something I feel passionately about (in case you couldn't tell  :-\) so if she wants to contact me, please feel free.  I have compiled  lots of information about this in the past few years (in fact, I had a whole computer file with my research on it, but I don't know if it got copied to our new computer - yikes!).  If I can find it, I'd love to share it with her.
Meanwhile, it's great that she is able to catch this early enough as most of these children with these sort of immune responses will develop mild to severe asthma around the age of three - so now is really the optimum time to deal with it and give his body time to recover.
Hope this helps!!
Andrea

Offline TwinkleToes

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 07:27:58 AM »
My baby boy is also 6 months old and has had awful skin all winter very characteristic of eczema.  I purposely have not taken him to the pediatrician because I knew the first thing he would do is put him on a cortizone cream.   :(  I breastfeed exclusively...he has not had any solids yet and no formula.  He has received one set of shots at almost 3 months, but none since.  We have not pinned it down to any one thing yet, but I personally think there may be several factors......

1.  Something in my diet possibly
2.  Laundry detergent (we've now switched from Tide to Dreft)
3.  Winter dryness....I think this is the biggest culprit in our situation

I think the dryness of indoor heating during the winter has been a biggie because now that it's spring and the heat is off, his skin is improved in areas, but still a problem on his arms.  The skin on his torso is still "tough" but not as bad as it was.   It could also be the switch in laundry detergent brands, but we still use the Tide sometimes too, so it's hard to say.

Now regarding Neem....I just bought  a little trial size bottle of oil containing neem extract, as well as other oils traditionally used in India for hair and scalp health.  I put a tiny bit in his bath water last night and then a little in my hands and rubbed his skin as I was bathing him.  His skin was much softer after the bath, but seeing as I've only done it once I can't say that it's a sure cure yet.  I feel comfortable using this on my baby.  I figure if people are "safely" using commercial baby care products, then a little pure, organic, plant based nourishment can't hurt.  But that is just how I think....doesn't mean I'm right.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 12:15:57 PM »
Try plantago (plantain) topically on the area affected.    ~Layla

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 12:30:41 PM »
Thanks for all the ideas.  I love everyone's willingness to help each other.  I'll pass all the info onto my sister-in-law. 
-KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline FaithAcre

• Learning
    • Faith Acre Farmgoods
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 04:57:06 PM »
Hi! My hubby has horrible discoid eczema patches breaking out all over his body.  He has battled with a small patch on his inner thighs for years and it did go away once when we tried prescription steroids. We now go the natural route for most everything.  But this stuff will not only NOt go away, it's spreading! 

Here is a list of what we have already tried:

~Rx Steroids (which worked but we dont want to do again!)
~Removed most common allergenic foods (store-bought milk, sugar, additives, MSG, basically we eat mostly whole organic foods)
~Soaked in epsom salts with essential oils
~Made a concoction out of garlic oil and tea tree oil
~Made a concoction of Coconut oil, tea tree oil and lavender oil.
~Taken Evening primrose oil capsules
~Taken Flax oil
~Used evening primrose oil directly on the eczema

These things we didn't just try for a day or two, we preservered with each one for a month or more.  It's just getting worse.  It keeps him up at night because it itches so bad!

Please, does anyone have any experience taking care of eczema naturally? We're about to give up hope and go back to the doctor.

Also, we are praying ferverently for it as well! 

Thanks so much!

~FaithAcre~
~Tara~
Happy Helpmeet to Kev
Merry Mama to the little ladies

Faith Acre Farmgoods
See my website for the most moisturizing soap you can find: Goat Milk Soap!

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 05:06:55 PM »
My daughter get this on the insides of her arms all winter and in the summer it goes away...for the itching I use a cream called Florasone Cream by Boerickle and Tafel  (homeopathic) This helps with the itching but I can't tell you how to treat it internally.

In fact I just ordered a couple of tubes of this cream (good for any kind of itch) @ the Swansonvitamins.com site...it was 5.69 plus shipping (4.95) so you may want to see if you need anything else there or order two bottles to make it worth it. THey sell Garden of Life Products (often mentioned here on the forum). ANyway, you can also find it in healthfood stores for usually around 9.00 a tube it is a 1 oz tube.

I feel your pain having to watch the suffering...my daughter itched at night time and would begin to bleed...Our pain watching isn't half as bad as living with their torment.

God speed in his healing!--Sandra
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline jaemom

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 06:58:11 PM »
My daughter has suffered from eczema in the past.  I have been told it's partly due to food allergies.  Eggs are a common cause as are other external triggers.  The Dr. advised me to avoid Dial soap in particular, and no bubble baths.  I wanted to get to the source of the problem so I began eliminating all kinds of stuff from her diet then adding them slowly back in.  I found out that sugar is what triggers her eczema.  Every time she breaks out she's had excess sugar.  I also gave her probiotics which helped.  Whenever she breaks out (which is not too often anymore) I start her on the probiotics again.  She has not had any UTI, eczema, or yeast infection since I started limiting her sugar intake.  I've ordered the Tummy tune-up from beeyoutiful.com to replace the current Natren Lifestart I had been using.  I think Lifestart is basically for infants, but I'm not sure.  I read somewhere eczema is the result of a lack of good bacteria in the colon.  One more thing, I've had several friends who have said using oxyclean in their laundry was a problem.  If this is a new thing, it may be because of a new detergent or bath soap you are using.  Hope this helps.  :)
Wife to J (10 yrs)
Mom to B (9), G (7), G (2), and B (1)

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 07:00:52 PM »
Has he done any sort of a yeast cleanse?  It sounds as though you have an extremely healthy diet so this may not be the problem unless it is a holdover from years when his diet might not have been so good.

The reason I ask is that I have struggled since I was a little girl with severe Eczema.  At different times in my life it seemed to be worse than others with certain patches getting inflamed for what seemed to me no rhyme or reason.  I tried the prescriptions, natural creams, soaks, poultices etc.  Some things helped but nothing made it go away completely.

A few months ago I started taking Yeast Assassin (Sold at Beeyoutiful) and after just a couple of weeks of taking that and a Pro biotic I noticed a couple of patches that had been with me for years had disappeared.  After a few more weeks I was completely (for the first time that I can remember!) totally clear from head to toe of Eczema.

It had been a yeast problem all that time but I never knew it.  The three Dermatologists I went to had never mentioned that as a possible root cause.  

Something else to look into!  :)
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »
1.  This may not be eczema, it may be yeast.  If that's a possibility, then treating for candida would be the way to go.  Treating for candida may also help indirectly.  Check this thread for more info.

2.  He could be allergic to detergents.  They are found in laundry soap, bubble bath, soft soap, shampoo, baby bath and dishwashing soaps.  Switch to bar soap and make sure it doesn't contain SLS or ALS.  Use the soap to wash his hair as well and if the soap makes his hair feel heavy or waxy, use a vinegar rinse.  Check these two threads for more information on detergents and using bar soap and vinegar.  Then if you're up to it, make your own laundry soap.  The recipe and tips are here.

3.  He could be allergic to soy (it's in everything processed you buy).  Check the labels.  Check this thread for more info on soy.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline FaithAcre

• Learning
    • Faith Acre Farmgoods
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 05:31:42 AM »
Great ladies! Keep it coming!  I have browsed your comments and will delve in further later!

TO answer a couple ?'s. 

We use only homemade goat milk soap to wash with..going on almost a year now.  SO I'm sure it's not that.  Laundry detergent we use is ALL free & clear...but that only for the last 6 months, I've changed that many times too.  We do not eat processed foods, except for maybe a special occasion like a birthday or something.  oh wait, I take that back.

We do eat cheese and yogurt.  I try to get only raw cheeses and the yogurt is organic.  I really doubt my hubby has dairy allergies, unless he developed them just recently.  I say this because he grew up on a large dairy farm, drinking raw cow milk most of his life. 

Goodness, there is just so much to consider isn't there?  ???.  Anyway, thank you all so much for your help...keep the replies coming and I will sort them out somehow  ;D.

~FaithAcre~
~Tara~
Happy Helpmeet to Kev
Merry Mama to the little ladies

Faith Acre Farmgoods
See my website for the most moisturizing soap you can find: Goat Milk Soap!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 08:16:03 AM »
Laundry detergent we use is ALL free & clear...

ALL is still a detergent.  Free and clear means free of dyes and fragrances only.  I couldn't find the ingredients online, but I recommend you check the label and click here to compare it to the ingredients I've listed in another thread.   I would almost bet that it contains SLS.  Click here to read all about SLS and other detergents included in most of these products and their side effects.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 08:22:43 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline freckleswith4

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 08:27:51 AM »
For what it might be worth, my oldest son, now 9, when he was a toddler, he would break out with horrible eczema on his arms and face.  My ped. asked how MUCH milk is he drinking per day?  Well, he was only drinking around 20 oz.  He said it was too much and to drop it to 8oz. per day or even every other day.  I was wondering how much your husband drinks milk-type products on a given day, and may need to start drinking more water and juice.  Just a thought! :)
My son was outside practicing his latest golf shots(newly dug holes in the backyard) when he ran in the house all bug-eyed and elated.  "Mom!  It was amazing!"  I responded, "What?!  Did it go in?!"  Bursting with joy he said,"No, but it came REALLY close!!" (Zach,6yrs.)

Offline jenny4wen

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 10:11:51 AM »
Wow!  This has been wonderful information to me!  My sister and my hubby both have eczema that "won't go away!" and they both love sugar! 

Hubby and I are preparing to do a system cleanse and get rid of the sugars, carbs (sugars), and fatty prepared foods, and sugars. . . and sugars  ;D

Anyway, we'll need lots of prayer while our bodies are learning how to live without sugar and fight that yeast!
I'm smiling! :D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 11:49:05 AM »
I know you've done a lot of eliminations in his diet, but click here to get more insight into why food allergies are related to eczema.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 04:50:04 AM »
I just posted this tidbit elsewhere, but not sure if you saw it there. I read that chickweed cream is supposed to help with the itching of eczema  ???

Have not tried it with my daughter, but I intend to ...if I can find some...hopefully someone will reply to the post on chickweed (I asked if anyone knew where I could find it).

--Sandra
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 06:10:12 AM »
Oh, you can find a variety of creams to buy at Herbal Gardens.  Herbal-gardens.net
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 06:47:15 AM »
This is a post  I just wrote for hives, but it included some home remedies for eczema.
  My favorite herb book!!