Author Topic: idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura ITP  (Read 25813 times)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura ITP
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
Hands down, homeopathy.  Especially for CLL!   Try Joette Calabrese or Cindy Gardner.  Both take phone consults and skype.  My first choice would be Joette.  My MIL had leukemia that turned from MDS.  She was terminal at diagnosis and said to only have 3-4 months to live.  With diet alone, she had 2.5 really good years.  After all we've been through with our boy and his platelets, homeopathy is the ONLY way to go for cancer.  Personally, if ever faced with cancer it is the only treatment I will do besides good solid diet and whole foods.

Best wishes!
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline billysanders77

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 06:49:45 AM »
Hello my name is billy and i was diagnosed with I T P in Jan. of this year. my plt count was at 3000. and for the last 4 months I've been in and out of hospital and I've been going to the Comprehensive cancer centers of Nevada. there they have been giving me retuxin through a port in my chest for like 3 months. i have to go once a week. and if my plt count falls below 20000 i have to get a steroid boost that is also given through my port. the doctor has me on as well prednasone 50mg a day as well as 9 other pills. but heres the kicker sense being diagnosed with I T P, i have become a drug induced diabetic. ain't that something.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 10:36:24 AM »
Forgive my skepticism but I've seen this on a few forums I'm on now and the details are a bit unreal...... they don't use a port to do rituxin and rituxin is only given once a week for 4 weeks.  If they are in fact doing what they are doing, then might I suggest you find a second opinion?  Additionally, you do not have to treat when you go below 20K unless you are an active bleeder nor can they "make" you treat at 20K.  We lived months at zero so it can be done.   While I do not recommend any of the drug options they offer people, what you say you are going through is not the norm for ITP even by medical standards.  It is common to get diabetes while taking prednisone.  I highly recommend you find a new doctor or look for a classical homeopath to treat you.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline thecatlady

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
Hello. I am a new member here and also newly diagnosed.  I live in Michigan.  (I have enjoyed reading Luke's story and am happy he is doing fine!!) Can you and him pass that healing force over to me..in West Michigan???
I have been brusing for many many years (about 2007ish (til now))..and would go to the Doc and they say I am anemic.   I took iron.  I was trying to combact the brusing.  I hated it when friends would mention outloud..."o look at her brusies!  or Gee you have some nasty brusises there!  (The would usually appear on my legs and just one big one at a time).  I would have small ones/tiny ones scattered around.  Anyways...
So come February I went to see the movie Lincoln.  I went to bed. At 4 or so in the AM I awoke to coughing and purping (I had stupidly eaten a bowl of vegaterian chilly and drank diet sprite-a half of 2 litter.  I stood up and felt dizzzy. I went to the family room and felt numbness and tingeling on my left side of the face and hand.  I layed on the floor for an hour.  I grabbed my bible and laid it by me. 
I then started feeling better as time went on.  I read from my bible and prayed. 
I then layed down and waited until 7am.  I called work and canceled.   I then called some people..Mom...etc.  Went to the walk in clinic and saw a PA and told her my story and talked of the brusies...as I was sick of them. 

Over the last 2.5 months...I have been to the ER (at 1am..not happy about that!) for transfusion due to PL count being 5 in early March. I did another blood draw 2 weeks later..and it was low again and a nurse called me and wanted me to go to the ER AGAIN!  My count was like 15.  The ER won't transfuse if its 15 or higher.  I have been off and on Prednizone with no luck except one time it got to 58.   When on just prednizone, I could feel my body bloat up for a few days...like 4 days..then go down for 2...then I did a blood draw and it was low. 
And yes I also HATE the side effects. 

Interject:  I did have an injury.  On my left side I feel as though I might have strained a tendon.  I sleep on my left side hugging a pillow and crushing my left breast.  I think I went to far with that one!   I would get numbness and tingeling all over -but especially on the left side. 

So now the Doc's are trying to fix my PL counts...and ignoring the injury I keep bringing up.  I have had an Mammorgram, xrays, and a head CT scan to rule out tumors.  They didn't find anything ...and waiting on the CT scan because I was head shaking.

If you are confused.  I can email if there is a private way of doing so.

All in all, I have been to the ER 2ce-once for transfusion, many times to the clinic for running around to 3-4 different Docs, numbness and tingeling issues, different meds for anxiety...depression...I mean really...I DIDN'T TAKE ANY OF THEM!   I stayed on the Prednizone at 30mg's and it helped a little count went up to 58 then down.  I got transfered to a hemo Doc and he kept me on Prednizone alternating 60 one day 50 the next.  I then had to have IVIG (or go back to the ER for transfusion) as my count was 11 on May 22.  Now it's May 28th..and I had a draw today and its 138,000. 

I am taking 6,000 mg Vit C natural from the health store and eating 2 bananas a day.  I also take Alfalfa 9 tabs as on bottle, Vit K 2 tabs, Calcium 1,200mg, 700 magnesium, Vit D3 1 tab and a natural inflammatory for my left side injury torn tendon. 

I am a vegaterain (I have plenty of organic groceries in the fridge)and have a close close close sister like friend (the family took me in when I was homeless) who is a natural holistic nutritionist...but not by college-but now taking classes..she has a business and sells earthborne products..and studies natural stuff constentally.  (If I buy a lotion,  she reads each ingredient and knows whats good, whats bad,  and who makes what...etc.)  She is working with me and also researching for me this ITP.  In fact SHE was the one who found this site!! 

And thats my story.  I am all ears on any help.   Thanks and prayers to everyone! 
Andrea

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
For starters, getting platelet transfusions will not help someone with ITP.  The body will eat the platelets as fast as they are transfused.  Given that my son had NO platelets for 3 months, the risks of being below 15K are there, but it's not life threatening.  We used caution and kept him lying low during that time.  Are you working with a hematologist that knows what they're doing with ITP? 

I can also tell you from experience (more then just our son) that having a blood disease and being a vegetarian do NOT mix!  The body NEEDS red meat to help build the stem cells that become platelets.  I have a friend that had Aplastic Anemia and was a vegetarian.  She healed herself using diet, etc. but she could not get her platelets up (they say they are the hardest cell line to fix).  She finally relented and added meat back into her diet and her platelets finally came into normal range.  So first and foremost, you must have a clean diet (that does not include soda).  Meat is a must if you want your bone marrow to be able to produce a good amount of platelets as well as your spleen to stop eating them.   

Here are some homeopaths in Michigan that may be able to help you naturally.  I do not know them personally so you'll need to do your research.

http://webpages.charter.net/rmallor/homeo.htm

www.TransformationalHealthPC.com

http://mihomeopathy.org/mihomeopathy.com/Welcome.html

http://fallingleafwellness.org/teachers/

We have used homeopathy for 2.5yrs as we've worked to heal Luke's body.  He's come a long ways and is doing very well.  Still working on getting his platelets above 40 or 50K, but getting there.  We're a long way from having no platelets.  Overall, his entire body is healing and he's doing great. 

I wish you well.....