Author Topic: Low Semen Production  (Read 6467 times)

Offline cococherry

• Wide Eyed
Low Semen Production
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:36:36 AM »
I've been looking all over google for answers to what to do for low semen production. I found nothing helpful (such as nutritional steps or vitamins) ...only lots of ads for enhancement pills. Eeek. So I thought I would try here, as my friends seem to love welltellme!

I hope I am not duplicating any other threads, but I don't think I am.

My question is, does anyone know of any natural or nutritional ways to increase semen? I don't just mean sperm count (at the present, we are not concerned with having children yet.) I mean, the semen itself. My husband has a difficult time ejaculating, even if he does orgasm. I am thinking it is something nutritional. I've read about "waiting longer periods" between being intimate to allow build-up, but this isn't an issue. We are not intimate more than 2 or 3 times a week. (I know, a lot of info...probably TMI, but I just want to get it all out so hopefully I can find some answers.) It is very frustrating for him when he doesn't ejaculate (which happens, maybe every other time.)
It takes a toll on our intimate life, and on his ego. This is very difficult.

Any answers? Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:45:55 AM by cococherry »

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Low Semen Production
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:02:34 AM »
Does he have JUST low production, or none at all?  Because a low semen ejaculation shouldn't be a problem.  But none at all would be a different story. 
These links might help:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Herbs-That-Increase-Semen-Volume&id=937167
http://ayurvedic-herbs.blogspot.com/2008/01/increase-semen.html
http://www.biggerloads.com/male-nutrition/herbs-for-semen.html
I would recommend that he change is diet first, do a cleanse, if possible, and add some saw palmetto.

All I did was google:  herbs that increase semen production.  No nasty ads.  ;)
HTH

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:33:11 AM »
A man in our extended family has a problem with this.  His is caused by a physical problem...something about his prostate?  I don't know the details, but it's something like a flap of tissue that covers the vas defrens during ejaculation.  This is apparently very frustrating for him. 

Has he seen a doctor about this?  If not, I would recommend going for a urologist with a specialty in prostate problems. 

My family member suffered with this for years, and when he finally went to a urologist with prostate specialty because his regular urologist was out of town.  The new doc just had more knowlege, and noticed some things during his scope that the other doc had missed.  He had been previously diagnosed with several other things, and had surgeries/meds, etc., but the problem kept re-occuring.  So he's hoping this is it.  He will be scheduling surgery as soon as the blood tests are back. 

HTH!
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline Currlygirrly

• Currlygirrly
  • Learning
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »
I've been looking all over google for answers to what to do for low semen production. I found nothing helpful (such as nutritional steps or vitamins) ...only lots of ads for enhancement pills. Eeek. So I thought I would try here, as my friends seem to love welltellme!

I hope I am not duplicating any other threads, but I don't think I am.

My question is, does anyone know of any natural or nutritional ways to increase semen? I don't just mean sperm count (at the present, we are not concerned with having children yet.) I mean, the semen itself. My husband has a difficult time ejaculating, even if he does orgasm. I am thinking it is something nutritional. I've read about "waiting longer periods" between being intimate to allow build-up, but this isn't an issue. We are not intimate more than 2 or 3 times a week. (I know, a lot of info...probably TMI, but I just want to get it all out so hopefully I can find some answers.) It is very frustrating for him when he doesn't ejaculate (which happens, maybe every other time.)
It takes a toll on our intimate life, and on his ego. This is very difficult.

Any answers? Thank you.

How are his eating habits? Overall health? Is he overweight?