Author Topic: Tuberculosis [TB]: How, When, Why & What to Do?  (Read 31508 times)

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
Re: Tuberculosis [TB]: How, When, Why & What to Do?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »
Is it shallow that I'm tired of reading about TB man?   :-*

Let's start a TB thread and get back to talking about squirrels in Denver.   ;D
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
I have a chatty subject.   :D   I posted on another thread about finding a church in El Paso, TX for my son who will be going to Ft. Bliss soon.   Thanks to all the wonderful people here I got many leads and even had someone in the area send an invite to him for supper when he gets there!   Wow!!! You guys are really wonderful.   Isn't it encouraging to know that there are really Christian people all over the world that are really living out what Christ taught!   I sometimes get discouraged because there don't seem to be many like minded people in our area but I guess that is because God needed to spread us all around to be 'lights' and that is just what all of you are.
A big thanks to all.
God Bless
Daisey
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »
Is it shallow that I'm tired of reading about TB man?   :-*

ShabbyChic, you are so funny and honest!  :D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 04:17:46 PM »

Want me to send you a few?  ;D ;D Denver has so many, I think we can spare them. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2007, 03:31:28 AM »
Now the bird people are invading the TB talk.  :D

TB guy is claiming (with an audio-tape) that the CDC told him he was not a danger to others before leaving on his trip.
I can SO see this scene in my head. Very little information is given to people who test positive for TB.
I wonder if the healthcare workers really understand.  :-\

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 03:21:02 AM »
Now the bird people are invading the TB talk.  :D

Not birds, squirrels & finding fellow believers in El Paso.  ;) ;) The posts got moved over as part of the block of posts when HB split the thread.

Back to TB- maybe they didn't tell him much & maybe he only cared about himself & getting back to the states. Hard to say. Just my .02. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 06:23:59 PM »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »
Great. TB in the chickens:

http://www.douglassreport.com/dailydose/dd200711/dd20071126a.html
How much of this, do you suppose, is propaganda to help push irradiation through as the norm or requirement for retail meats?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2007, 06:25:20 PM »
Great. TB in the chickens:

http://www.douglassreport.com/dailydose/dd200711/dd20071126a.html
How much of this, do you suppose, is propaganda to help push irradiation through as the norm or requirement for retail meats?

I can see how it would be used that way, but I know that the issue with migrant workers, particularly illegal aliens, in the chicken processing industry in Alabama was reported in our newspaper quite some time ago.  And I have read repeatedly that TB is very problematic among undocumented workers and visitors from other countries.  The reason I posted this link is because this is the first I had read of the connection between TB and our food supply.

A bit unsettling either way, though.

Offline ScottsHelper

• Adept
  • Army Family...Proudly Serving Our Country!
    • The Munchkins and Me
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »
I have a question regarding TB.  We have not had our children vaccinated against TB and have just moved to El Paso, TX, which is right on the boarder of Mexico.  I was having a conversation with a nurse who works in the military hospital here who said that they are seeing a number of people come in to the hospital with lung problems, and it turns out that they have TB.  She attributed it to our close proximity to Mexico, with many people traveling over the boarder.  I started thinking about this on the way home, and now I'm concerned that maybe we should have our children vaccinated against this.  What do you all think?  If our family were planning to travel to a foreign country in which vaccinations were recommended against specific serious diseases, I think we would vaccinate our children and ourselves against these threats, if they were indeed true threats.  So, here we find ourselves with the foreign country coming here to where we live, and apparently bringing with it diseases such as TB.  I do try to keep our immune systems strong by eating well, etc.  Is that enough, or are the benefits of immunizing the children against contracting TB greater than the risks of the vaccine, given the fact that we seem to now live in an area that has a higher risk of exposure?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have!!

Heather

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »
I would continue doing as you are already doing with a focus upon keeping healthy.  If you and your kids are not indoors and confined with someone with active TB you should be alright.  The TB virus is easily killed by sunlight, also.
I have worked with TB patients for almost 20 years and have never converted to a positive skin test.  This includes working at the county hospital in Atlanta in the early 90's when there was a big increase in drug resistant cases.   I have never been offered the vaccine as it is not generally thought to be effective in adults, and from my understanding may produce false positives in skin tests.   
Generally while TB is on the rise, if you are healthy I wouldn't worry... I would personally rather have a skin test every 6-12 months and be treated if I convert than to risk the effects of the vaccine.

There are alot of others here with more knowledge on TB than what I have, and they may have other info that I am not aware of or a different perspective, but this is what I personally do...

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
ScottsHelper, you might want to begin the supplements recommended here:
http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/report.asp?story=The%20Unexpected%20Plague&catagory=Tuberculosis

suggested: Garlic (raw or with allicin intact), vitamin D (sunlight or D3), berberine (goldenseal), and IP6 rice bran extract (to chelate iron), also a good multi with A, C, E, zinc and selenium.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 05:57:51 PM by DHW »

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2008, 06:44:26 PM »
Active TB and Latent TB are two different things.

I have been exposed to a person with Active TB (is contagious). I now have Latent TB (not contagious). My body was exposed. My body fought the germ and produced an antibody and contatined the bacterium.

I now have a contained TB bacterium somewhere in my body. I have about a 5% chance of developing active TB in my life. I believe that 90% (or more) of people who develop active TB are immune compromised because of whatever reason.

If I worked in the healthcare field I would have to have a lung x-ray every year to show I am not Active (that is the only way to diagnose active TB I think). I cannot have the skin test because I test positive--I have the antibodies, Is all that means. The WHO organization estimates that 1/3 people have the TB antibodies. The WHO organization estimates that 1/15 Americans have the TB antibody (positive TB skin test).

I would not worry about TB unless I was immune compromised.

Offline ScottsHelper

• Adept
  • Army Family...Proudly Serving Our Country!
    • The Munchkins and Me
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 07:22:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  I read the article mentioned above, and think those are some common sense, easy things to do not only to prevent TB, but to improve our overall immune systems!  I keep hearing so much about the importance of Vit D, and of course garlic has so many health benefits!!  I appreciate each of you taking the time to write!  My maternal protective "instincts" jumped ahead of my reasoning for a moment when I first heard about TB here in the area!  ;)  Thanks for helping me think this through and for the specific info about TB!

Heather     

Offline snickerdoodles

• Learning
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2009, 04:08:11 PM »
I would drink some colloidal silver.  One good dose, and wait a week, and do it again.  It is safe, and will safely remove any bacteria or virus from the bloodstream, given enough time.  It even kills ebola, in a petri dish.  In the body, of course, the infection moves too rapidly for subsequent treatment, and so of course you would have to prevent instead, by ingesting silver ions weekly.  But TB is, of course, much slower.  You can get rid of it easily with ongoing (I would say at least 6 weeks) weekly silver treatments.  Check it out, and don'y worry about argyria.  We use a lot of silver, regularly, and have for years...the pharmaceutical giants can't figure out a way to make a profit on this, since it is a pure element.  So they want to scare you away from it.  Apologies to any pharmacists who may be on here, but it's true.

I strongly recommend you make or buy a colloidal silver generator, for $8 or so you can make one.  There's probably a youtube vid showing how!  The fine silver wire can be had from a refiner; there generally is a $35 - $50 min. purch.; I use Hagstoz & Sons in Phila, PA.  Or, a bought unit should come with electrodes to start with (fine, or pure, silver).  Hope this helps.  I'll pray for you right now!

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 05:58:46 AM »
I thought that latent TB is a forever condition, except if it becomes active.  I didn't think you could ever get rid of it.
  I caught TB while in Saudi Arabia and after being treated for the active condition and checked by x-ray for several years afterward, etc.,  I was told that I would always be vulnerable to a second outbreak because it was in my system.  In fact, one doc recommended that I get x-rays every time I found out I was pregnant b/c it can trigger an outbreak.  (I didn't b/c I don't believe in radiation during pregnancy and I was fine.)    ~L

Offline snickerdoodles

• Learning
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 06:05:14 PM »
Well, silver is not a respecter of microbes.  Bacteria or virus, sneaky and hidden or big and labelled, silver doesn't differentiate.  Just one of the things I love about it!  And somehow, one's own physical integrity (including all of those live little things in the GI tract) do just fine...maybe because we keep replenishing them from food sources?  My real concern with starting to use silver several years ago was that the intertinal flora would be wiped out; but we are just really healthy, over here.  Family of 3, one a gregarious and very social homeschooled 11 year old, one a rather bookish, lumpish, sedentary retired chef and culinary educator (that's me, natch) and one very active University Art Dept. chair (hubby).  We do a lot at church and with various homeschool groups, visit in nursing homes on a weekly basis - and we haven't any of us been sick in years.  Silver really shines when appkied directly, such as with infected cuts, pinkeye (dilute) and sore throat.  But give it time, and it will kill that nasty virus that causes cervical cancer just as dead as it will the flu.  or TB.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »
The problem with treating TB is that it's during the time that it's active (multiplying) that you need to be killing it. If you have tested positive on a test, take a few doses of something like silver & think 'ok, it's taken care of' you could be VERY wrong. The test just shows that at some point you've been exposed & your body has made antibodies. It DOSEN'T show that the infection is active right then. THAT'S why they treat for a full year with daily meds- so at whatever time the TB starts to multiply the med is there to kill it. The idea being that at some point in the year's time it will grow & the med can do it's job. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline snickerdoodles

• Learning
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
HMMM, Thanks, I didn't know that...but there is still a possibility that the silver can just knock it out.  It does not work like the other known actibiotics, which poison the bug to death; silver simply causes the vacuole inside the single-celled disease organism to stiffen, and slowly (takes 6 minutes) suffocate to death.  So, perhaps it does not have to wait for an active disease stage.  Wish we had a germ expert on here; it would be good to know for sure, one way or the other.  I will invite a guy who makes silver generators to lurk a little...

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2009, 07:43:54 AM »
I loved that post!  I happen to have a preoblem with the 1 yr of AB's on several levels.  Aside from the general unhealthiness of it all, and the increased risk of unresponsive germs, the virus could wait until the AB's are no longer a threat.  Then a person assumes the risk period is over, but it is not.  Seems foolish to me.  Like they just want to do it to say they tried rather than admit that it's tricky business.   ~L

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »

Offline Sassafrass

• Learning
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »
The spice oil of Oregano. Many universities are now discovering what God and Mother Nature intended. Oil of Oregano can and does kill a multitude of bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Please research this valuable tool. I take the juice of oregano every day as a preventative.
If you need reference, please check out the book by Dr. Cass Ingram -
Herbal Cures for Killer Germs. It is QUITE an eye opener.

Sassy

Offline joyfulspirit

• Learning
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2011, 06:05:14 AM »
Hello!  I was wondering if anyone knows how to treat tuberculosis naturally.  My husband has fish tuberculosis (got it cleaning a fish tank where a tropical fish died), which is not contagious and is a fungus, but it is still in the same family as human TB so they treat it the same way.  The medicine apparently has a lot of really bad side effects (like loss of hearing, etc.) and he would need to be on it for 3-6 months.  The infectious disease doctor is not opposed to him looking into treating it naturally knowing all of the side effects, and has said that this fungus won't kill him, it could just grow more in his body.  If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.  Thank you!

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »
vitamin D.  Years ago sanitariums used sunlight therapy to treat TB.

I would follow the recommendations on www.vitamindcouncil.org for chronic conditions and get his levels up to close to 100 ng/ml, possibly higher.

UV light exposure (sunlight is best) in addition to vitamin D supplementation.

I get my vitamin D from www.iherb.com, the NOW Foods brand in 5000 IU caplets.  (Use code LUB225 for $5 off your first order.)

I would continue with the natural therapies you are using (garlic, etc.) and an alkaline diet.