Remedies & Therapies > Colds, Flus & Viruses

Tuberculosis [TB]: How, When, Why & What to Do?

(1/11) > >>

Simply Kristen:
What do you know about TB?

I have a positive TB skin test, but no active infection.

One is NOT contagious unless they have an active infection.  I have what is called a latent infection.  This means I was exposed (stood less than 3 feet from someone) to a person with an active infection.  Some estimates say that 1/10 Americans carry the latent infection.  These people have a very small chance of developing an active infection if they remain healthy.  The chance increases if the person becomes immune compromised.

Does anyone know how to naturally treat an Active TB infection?

I assume Eucalyptus would be good......

petrimama:
I had TB as a small child (living in a less developed country) and when we returned home the doctors ordered many months of antibiotics, etc. folowed by years of x-rays to monitor my lungs.  (Yuck!!)  Thankfully I have never had any resulting trouble from either the disease or the treatment.  However, I know that there is a risk of relapse during pregnancy and some doctors recommend x-rays to check things out.  (I declined them for fear of radiation during pregnancy.)  I know that it doesn't really answer your question, but I wanted you to be aware in case you are at a childbearing stage of life.   ~L

Elbereth:
Read Weston A. Price's book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration for some interesting info about Tuburculosis.

Simply Kristen:

--- Quote from: Elbereth on September 22, 2006, 01:21:21 PM ---Read Weston A. Price's book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration for some interesting info about Tuburculosis.

--- End quote ---

Do you remember what Price writes?

Simply Kristen:
One more thing.

The reason I am asking this question is for future knowledge (IF I need it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version