Author Topic: Headache help...  (Read 2316 times)

Offline sanchezmama

• Learning
Headache help...
« on: September 22, 2006, 07:14:21 AM »
I'm not sure if I put this in the wrong place, if I did I'm sorry.

I think my DH and I have some kind of flu bug, it started yesterday with me severe headache and nausea, and my husband woke up with the same thing today. I know that the CO levels in the house are fine, and the kids all seem fine so far. Any ideas for a little relief? We're pretty miserable.

TIA,
Liesl
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 08:01:18 AM by healthybratt »
Aidan to a lady on the bus: "What's your name?"
Lady: "Deena, can you say Deena?"
Aidan: "Yep, Deena. Can you say Pachycephalosaurus?"
our three year old dinosaur lover:)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Headache help...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:57:57 AM »
I'm not sure if I put this in the wrong place, if I did I'm sorry.

I think my DH and I have some kind of flu bug, it started yesterday with me severe headache and nausea, and my husband woke up with the same thing today. I know that the CO levels in the house are fine, and the kids all seem fine so far. Any ideas for a little relief? We're pretty miserable.

TIA,
Liesl
Do you have any tummy tune-up or another really good probiotic?  This has been very helpful in getting alot of people over the symptoms of the tummy flu-bugs. 

If not, I would get some ginger and make some tea.  This is very good for the immune system and does wonders for nausea.  If you just can't bring yourself to drink the tea (this would be best), try pouring your tea into a hot bath and soaking in it for 10-15 minutes and drink a lot of fluids to prevent dehydration.  Also, you might consider a garlic poultice.

One more thing I would try would be tummy tea (my recipe).  2 tsp red rasp leaf, 2 tsp peppermint, 2 tsp catnip and 2 quarts of water.  This particular recipe helps with tummy aches and cramps, nausea, head and body aches of all kinds.  It's a wonderful cure all tea that I like to keep around for the whole family. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 08:02:28 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sanchezmama

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:17:51 AM »
Thank you. We'll give those a try. Could someone remind me how to do a garlic poultice? It's been a long time :-[

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:27:12 AM »
Thank you. We'll give those a try. Could someone remind me how to do a garlic poultice? It's been a long time :-[

Check this link.

Garlic Poultice:  Recipes, Tips & Tricks
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sanchezmama

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »
Thank you!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 09:35:08 AM »
Hi Liesl!
Also - the headache may be related to sinus. Sinus infection can be knocked out pretty quickly by taking vit C along with a Propolis supplement. The propolis makes the C about 8 times more potent and bio-available.

Also, lightly dampen a washcloth, and sprinkle 10-20 drops of Eucalyptus oil on the washcloth, fold over and hold to your nose and breath throughout the day. Hold it in your hand near your face while you fall asleep.

A friend of mine with pneumonia recently beat it with nothing else but the eucalyptus cure. The doctor perscribed a steroid, 2 antibiotics, antihistamine, and and inhaler for 10 days. She tried the eucalyptus instead.  ;D  You can buy the Euc. essential oil at any healthfood/herb store.

Rebekah

PS: EUC in bath water for the kids is great for helping them with congestion too.
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"