Author Topic: Another Diet: The Lords Table  (Read 5743 times)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
Another Diet: The Lords Table
« on: May 01, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »
I was wondering if any of you have heard or have tried The Lords Table. It is supposed to be similar to the Weigh Down Diet... but is FREE...

It is a 60 day course where you are set free from the bondage of dieting. Sounds interesting...

Any opinions?

www.settingcaptivesfree.com
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
Re: Another Diet: The Lords Table
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
It sounds interesting..  The only thing that concerns me is possible incorrect Biblical teaching.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:53:24 AM »
It sounds interesting..  The only thing that concerns me is possible incorrect Biblical teaching.

Yeah.. that was my concern too. So far, it has not been wrong.. granted, I've only done 2 lessons, but it has REALLY opened up my eyes!!

They actually ask that you pray before each lesson.
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »
So is it really involved? I don't really have a lot of time so something that I would need to take a lot of time on is out, at least for the summer anyway!

Have you started the "diet" part yet?

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
So is it really involved? I don't really have a lot of time so something that I would need to take a lot of time on is out, at least for the summer anyway!

Have you started the "diet" part yet?

Hi!! I would not say that it takes a lot of time. I guess it really depends on you and how fast you read. They tell you to estimate about 30-50 minutes. I am guessing that I spend about 15 or so minutes on the lesson.. and then throughout the day, you just think about it and try to apply it to your life. Its really quite wonderful. You can use it as your time with God really, cuz thats what its all about. So I'm sure you can find the time for that, right?  ;)

Yes, I have started the "diet" part of it. You know, this has been the easiest "diet" I have ever been on. Praise God.  :D  What I like about the diet is that nothing is off limits  ;D I'm not as consumed with thinking what I can or can't eat and obsessing about it. So far, during the day, I have been doing really well with Gods help. But its the dinner that is still troubling me. I still can't seem to stop eating. I am hoping that will change as I keep going through the course and God keeps working in my heart, soul, and stomach  ;)

I think its really worth the time. Even if it does take you the full 50 minutes. It will change your life forever, if you let it  ;D

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
I think I can def. find time for that, I am a very fast reader too so... Anyways I'll talk to my DH and see what he thinks. :)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 05:34:29 AM »
I'm just wondering if anyone has actually ever done this course?  ???

Anyone else looking into it or starting it??  ???

Offline miamama

• Adept
    • Picking Up Socks for Jesus
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »

The ladies in our church did this course together as a Bible study a few years ago.  I was actually pregnant at the time, so I didn't do most of the actual "diet" part of it, but the ideas taught made alot of sense to me.  I don't remember there being anything out of line with what the Bible teaches.  It is mostly laying down food as an idol and solace, and relying on Christ instead.
Visit my blog   Picking Up Socks for Jesus
http://www.pickingupsocksforjesus.blogspot.com

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 05:53:56 AM »

The ladies in our church did this course together as a Bible study a few years ago.  I was actually pregnant at the time, so I didn't do most of the actual "diet" part of it, but the ideas taught made alot of sense to me.  I don't remember there being anything out of line with what the Bible teaches.  It is mostly laying down food as an idol and solace, and relying on Christ instead.

Oh, well that's a relieve to hear!!  :D (the nothing out of line thing ;))