Author Topic: Fixing mistakes in foods  (Read 3511 times)

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
Fixing mistakes in foods
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »
I don't know if there is anything like this or if I'm way out there in thinking we need a thread like this but here goes...
I made beans -kiddos aren't fans of beans but DH likes them- so for the kids I took half of the beans and made chili by adding tomatoes and seasonings(too much salt) so how can I fix this?
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri

Offline imhairforyou

• Learning
Re: Fixing mistakes in foods
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:56:57 PM »
This may sound kind of yucky to you, but I would probably put in enough water to make it taste right, and then just strain most of the water out.   :)
He is the Lord and forever His truth shall reign!

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
Ok, I added 1/3 c. molasses and it tamed the salt to edible. :-X
but still a good thread to have (I mess up often). :D
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 07:18:51 PM »
I think I would have added more tomato to it & made it into either thin chili (the chili the kids & I like best is thinner than most chili & has celery in it) or soup. I have had to fix chili more than once this way when I messed up the seasonings somehow. 

I never would have thought to put molasses in it. Interesting idea.

You might get a laugh out of this thread:  ;)

Cooking mishaps anyone?

Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:41 PM »
*I think I would have added more tomato to it *
Did that first but it was still to salty and didn't know what else to try so asked here then I remembered that someone told me vinegar to cut tomato acid and sugar to cut hot so I thought sweet, and all I had sweet was molasses or honey and I save the honey for Med. purposes, it is still a little too salty but the molasses really cut it and added a richness that I would have never thought to add.

Sherri