Author Topic: Colonoscopy: Should I have this procedure?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Paula

• Wide Eyed
Colonoscopy: Should I have this procedure?
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »
I am 51 years old and my medical doctor has recommended I have a colonoscopy because of my age.  I am concerned for 2 reasons.  I have hemorrhoids that will flare up and cause severe pain and an Amish healer has told me that he does not recommend anyone having the procedure because of the phosphosoda and laxative that are required. 
The procedure seems to be something the all of medical field is recommending lately. 
There are many articles saying that this is the best way to find early cancer of the colon.  I would appreciate hearing opinions from the "natural" community.
Thanks,  Paula

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
Re: Colonoscopy: Should I have this procedure?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:50:54 PM »
Paula, my answer would be that if you are willing, go for it. It will provide you with some valuable insight on the health of your colon. I would even ask if they would allow you to bring a blank video tape and have a recording made of the procedure. You could learn a lot about your internal pluming. As far as the laxative goes, I would ask your Dr. if he would allow you to do a fast (I forget how long you have to go without eating before the procedure) and use an Epsom salt drink to clean the pipes. Click here for a recipe and details about how this is used for a liver cleanse. I would even consider doing the liver cleanse a couple of weeks before you had your procedure. Then, the day before your colonoscopy, repeat the procedure. You'll be clean as a whistle! :o ;D
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com