Author Topic: Heart Burn/Indigestion Remedies  (Read 3145 times)

Offline jades

• Wide Eyed
Heart Burn/Indigestion Remedies
« on: September 18, 2006, 09:10:11 AM »
Hello Ladies,

I am brand new to this forum.  I was about to order TT8 from Beeyoutiful and somehow found my way here!  Hopefully everyone is full of advice today!

My daughter, 19 and away at school for the first time, has been suffering from heartburn/indigestion that literally incapacitates her.  She has had a routine physical as well as blood tests for the most likely culprilt but  everything has come back negative.  The episodes are often obviously stress related.

I wanted her to try some probiotics before submitting to further testing (MD agrees).  Obviously I have been encouraging her to treat herself well...eat small meals, drink water, get a good night sleep etc.

Is TT8 a good place to start!  Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Heart Burn/Indigestion Remedies
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »
Definately a good place to start.  If the probiotics will help, then yeast may be the culprit, in which case, I would refrain from eating sugars, maybe try some Yeast Assassin or possibly Extra Virgin Coconut Oil if you can find/afford it.  There are many threads on here about how to treat yeast with supplements and diet.  You might also look at the thread on Leaky Gut Syndrome to see if any of this might apply. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Ruby

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:11:24 AM »
I have several friends who use liquid Chlorophyll for heartburn and indigestion.  They say it works wonders.  I seldom have heartburn, and only had it once since I learned about the chlorophyll.  I did try it and it worked very well that time.  But both my friends have used it many times and love it.

Offline Grace

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
I have several friends who use liquid Chlorophyll for heartburn and indigestion.  They say it works wonders.  I seldom have heartburn, and only had it once since I learned about the chlorophyll.  I did try it and it worked very well that time.  But both my friends have used it many times and love it.
Where can you buy liquid Chlorophyll? I had really bad heartburn with both my PG. With the 1st I didn't know what it was and I thought I was going to die!!!!!!! :o
DD's 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 and DS born 7/6/08!

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »
My hubby gets great relief from his heartburn/indigestion by putting a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in an 8 oz glass of purified water.  Tummy Tune Up 8 seems to help him a whole lot if he takes it on a regular basis but sometimes he gets busy and forgets.  For those times it's Apple Cider Vinegar to the rescue!  :D
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »
Hi Jades,

We use 100% pure essential oil of peppermint or 100% pure oil of lemon (both organic).  Just takes a drop of peppermint oil on the tongue, swallow... and "poof", heartburn is gone in a flash!  The lemon works very well too...

NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline Ruby

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 04:01:15 PM »
I've been using Nature's Sunshine Liquid Chlorophyll which can be bought at the health food store or on-line.  I'm sure other brands are good too.  That's just the only one I've used. 

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 03:23:07 AM »
Taking Tummy Tune up on a regular basis was the only way I lived through my last pregnancy. It worked so well!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:40:29 AM by tjmjfamily »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)