Author Topic: Identifying Baby Rash  (Read 8879 times)

Offline benthere-donethat

• Learning
Identifying Baby Rash
« on: March 01, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »
Hello all.  My 1 year old son has patchy red spots on his legs.  They are pale red, definitely patchy and raised.  They are cream colored to bright pink.  They are not itchy and don't seem to bother him.  Sometimes they look more inflamed than others, but again, they never seem to bother him.  I'm trying to identify them -- I thought it might be eczema, but it is never itchy and they never get worse than just raised, red patches.  Any ideas?
Thanks...

ETA:  this rash started on his legs and has recently spread a bit to his arms -- it has never been on his face or neck.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:59:03 PM by benthere-donethat »

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
Re: Identifying Baby Rash
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:16:15 PM »
Sounds like eczema.  Eczema doesn't have to be itchy; I have it on my arms, and it never itches unless I come in contact with an allergy. My daughters are prone to eczema; many times it itches, but not always.  Check out the eczema thread: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,244.0.html.  And associated threads, such as food allergies, candida, etc. 

How long has he had it?  Since he's a year old, perhaps you've recently introduced cow's milk?  Or another food, like wheat.  Or using a different detergent or soap.
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19

Offline Gods_child

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »
My almost 10 month old has raised dry patches also like mentioned above. They don't seem to bother him, but I guess I wouldn't know. Well....they bother me, lol. They get worse sometimes and turn reder in color. He's had these patches off and on since birth. What could it be? I'm guessing eczema, but what do I do about it?? I want them GONE!! I also have had eczema since I was a little child. What do I do about my baby????? :'( I know how horrible it is to have it, it itches, it bleeds, etc. It's no fun!!! It's real torture!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know how I can get rid of it???

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:33 PM »
My almost 10 month old has raised dry patches also like mentioned above. They don't seem to bother him, but I guess I wouldn't know. Well....they bother me, lol. They get worse sometimes and turn reder in color. He's had these patches off and on since birth. What could it be? I'm guessing eczema, but what do I do about it?? I want them GONE!! I also have had eczema since I was a little child. What do I do about my baby????? :'( I know how horrible it is to have it, it itches, it bleeds, etc. It's no fun!!! It's real torture!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know how I can get rid of it???

This is food allergies.  Usually dairy and/or gluten.  Since I remember you have food allergies I would recommend you pull the same things from baby (and honestly, any other kids).  These tend to be inherited and then exacerbated by vaccinations.  You can treat the eczema with a multitude of methods that are in the eczema thread. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Gods_child

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »

This is food allergies.  Usually dairy and/or gluten.  Since I remember you have food allergies I would recommend you pull the same things from baby (and honestly, any other kids).  These tend to be inherited and then exacerbated by vaccinations.  You can treat the eczema with a multitude of methods that are in the eczema thread. 

patti
Hi Patti! I took my little one to the pediatrician today and the Dr. said it is eczema just as I suspected. So we did a blood test for food allergies and will have the results about Monday. But the dr. said that even if you eliminate the food allergens the eczema won't go away and she is right because I have ezcema and I avoid the allergens but still get eczema. His skin has gotten real bad lately I don't know what to do with it. I'm not sure if it bothers him because mine sure bothers me, itches real bad maybe his does too poor baby. I just can't watch him suffer. He is real cranky so maybe it does itch or hurt. She gave me some hydrocortisone cream for him which is the mildest steroid cream available. I'm not sure if I should put it on him, I don't prefer to use drugs. Do you know anything about this cream if it's safe? She said it is but that's waht they say about all their drugs:)lol Also she recommended to use eucerin cream on him daily for a moisturizer. Any thoughts??? I want it gone!!!!!!!

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:50 AM »
My 9 month old has recently broken out in some sort of rash. They are raised welt looking bumps, some are large, some small. They arein very random places and least on her trunk (almost everything I've read states that everything starts on the trunk) I'd say they are mostly on her genitals, legs, arms and under her neck. Also her hands and feet are very swollen and are purplish with red streaks. They don't seem to be bothering her, she is very cheerful and energetic. Does this sound like an allergy? She's mostly breastfed, she eats something here and thete but spits most of it out. I haven't given her anything new....she likes to chew on apples, last night she had some carrot and turkey and today she had a few tiny pieces of cheese, but like I said she's had these lots of times before with no problems. Oh I just remembered one thing new she had this morning was a couple sips of her brother's natural apple cider. Could that be it??

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 02:11:49 PM »
Another thought I had was that I've been eating large amounts of raw onion trying to fight off a cold. Could that bother her?

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
OH MY LANDS YES!!!   ;D  :o

She sounds like she's got hives which is an allergic reaction so she may be reacting to the onions in some way.  You can give her sulfur 6C to get rid of the hives.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:23 AM »
Ok what if I don't have that and would probably have to drive 3 hrs to get some? Would an antihistamine be alright to give her? It seems to be worse today. Her face is now covered and her hands legs and feet are completely red. I hate to see her like this  :'(