Author Topic: GI Help Needed  (Read 3900 times)

Offline jjtritt

• Wide Eyed
GI Help Needed
« on: February 11, 2009, 06:40:35 AM »
Several months ago I had mild hemmoroids. The hemmoroids went away in 3 weeks Almost from the start I starting passing broad flatter stool(usually the second piece out) which is alway very soft .Softer than peanut butter.
I do pass normal larger round stools every day and the second piece out are the soft flatter stools.It does not look anything like a pencil. If you look at you hands palm  its wide turn it to the side its thin.That how I describe them.usually about 1-1/2-2 inches wide but very soft texture.The pieces are usually short two inches and are  the last bits out.

So it this just from too much fiber? The softer stool makes me sore from wipeing.

Is it ok to have such soft stool? Its not diarrea it has a structure its not runny or watery just soft.Should I lessen my fiber? I also think I have a gluten or wheat allergy as to whole whet and items with gluten make my stools worse.
Jim

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
Re: GI Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »
Bump
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:14:21 PM »
This does sound more like a food allergy/ yeast-thing to me personally.
How much fiber do you normally get?  I would generally think that too much fiber would cause your stools to be harder, not softer.
If hemorrhoids are an issue firmer stools can be more painful to pass and lead to bleeding.  If you are having soft stools and irritation I would look more at diet, continue your current fiber, and drink plenty of fluids.
I would suggest using something more gentle to wipe with.  Consider a cloth and some witch hazel, TUCKS pads, or a healing salve afterwards.
Also:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1731.0.html

Offline jjtritt

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:41:51 AM »
I generally eat about about 15-25 grams of fiber a day and drink about 1-1/2 gallons of water a day. I'm still wondering if my water intake is too high?

What I would like to achieve is a firmer more solid stool thought the whole stool(if that makes sense). I think I will try a gluten free diet and see where that takes me. I also have an appointment with a natural health practitioner just to get some more thoughts on this.

The hemorrhoids are not bothersome until I have to wipe which in using a wipe with witches hazels does comfort the situation.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 06:26:29 AM »
drink about 1-1/2 gallons of water a day. I'm still wondering if my water intake is too high?

Not sure if your water intake is causing the weird stools, but in my opinion, that is way too much water.  I think there is such a thing as way too much water.  You can flush every good vitamin and mineral right out!
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3315.0.html

Offline jjtritt

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:18:36 AM »
So I had a visit with my health practioneer and he stated that my small instienes and my bowl flora are very stressed. I have been taking acodphilis anybody have any other thought to what I can try.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 09:35:45 AM »
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,18993.0.html
I have not tried these, but I'm considering it.

Another thing you may want to look into, for balancing flora and healing the gut...
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,20533.0.html

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!