Author Topic: Digestive Enzymes: What, When, Why & How  (Read 53418 times)

Offline tinablov

• Wide Eyed
Re: Digestive Enzymes: What, When, Why & How
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:39 AM »
After you take digestive enzymes of any sort for a good period of time your body will eventually begin to make enough of their own.  The goal usually is to be able to stop taking enzymes after one year.

hth

patti

I know this post is a couple years old and you may never see this post.  I wanted to ask whether your family started to make their own enzymes after a year of taking the enzymes.  My younger son can't digest his fats or carbs well - lots of undigested foods.  I was hoping that the year protocol would work for him.  He's almost three years old.

Thank you

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »
Has anyone had repeated stomach aches from taking digestive enzymes? I get such a bad ache (like knives in my stomach) every time I take them but I know I need them. I have tried beeyoutiful's and some others and they all do this to me. Any pros out there with any ideas??

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 11:35:31 AM »
bumping this. didn't realize I had already asked this but I NEED the enzymes but man do they make me hurt!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2012, 05:27:13 AM »
What brand are you using (or have used in the past)?  Do ALL enzymes do this to you?  Check for bromelain/pineapple in them.  If you have an allergy to it (and most people don't know if they do) it can cause this kind of pain. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
I have used Beeyoutiful's and one that my chiropractor gave me that is similar to Beeyoutiful's. Bromelain doesn't bother me and I am thinking of just using that. Can't remember how papaya makes me feel. Been a long time since I took that one. "Protease" from Nature's Sunshine also makes me sick.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »

You can either try a bromelain/papaya blend with nothing else in it or better yet, just get plain old HCl or betain chloride.  Either one would not have the protease in it and is what your body already produces so should not bother you.  Not sure why protease bothers you but it might be worth investigating as it's the enzyme we use to digest proteins. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »
I was taking it to digest proteins in particular because I have a very hard time digesting them when I am pregnant. I would like to find out the "Why?" although maybe it is just SEVERE leaky gut and candida overgrowth?