Author Topic: Garlic as a systemic anti fungal anti bacterial agent?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Larry

• Adept
Garlic as a systemic anti fungal anti bacterial agent?
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:44:43 AM »
Garlic every day?

Hi, this is my first post on WTMS. I usually post on 7x.

I have learned of the benefits of garlic, in the last year or so, and we have used it for earaches and sinus infections etc.

As some of you know, my wife, Michelle, is a cancer survivor  http://www.7xsunday.net/forum/index.php/topic,13892.0.html and we are looking for anything that improves general health. Some theories suggest a link between colon cancer and bacteria/fungus and I would like to know more about taking garlic as a systemic anti fungal anti bacterial agent.

I would like to build my own colloidal silver generator but for now I'm thinking garlic.

Would you take 1 raw clove a day?.... More or less? .... why? any other suggestions?

Thank you, Larry

PS: We are both trying to loose some weight and I think I remember reading that garlic can help... does that sound right? 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Garlic as a systemic anti fungal anti bacterial agent?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »
bump ;D ;D ;D

Come on ladies.  Do we know about garlic or what?  Give this guy some discussion.   :D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »
Garlic probably would help with weight loss since many times weight gain is caused by yeast/fungus.

As far as how much to take, a clove a day would be a great start, more if you can handle it.

Here's a good thread for ways to get more garlic in your diet:

My favorite way to take garlic is.....

Here's a good garlic supplement to use for days when you don't eat enough garlic or to use as a daily supplement:

Hi Herbalmom,
Here is the recipe, it is from the book Herbs for Health and Healing by Kathi Keville - GREAT BOOK!

Garlic Vinegar:
4 garlic heads, divided into individual cloves (I don't peel them)
1 Pint Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbs Honey or glycerin (I leave this out)

Using a blender, (my Vitamix works GREAT!), blend the unpeeled garlic cloves and vinegar thoroughly.  Transfer the mixture to a covered container and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 weeks.  Strain and discard the garlic.  if you wish to sweeten the vinegar, add honey, glycerin or the sweetener of your choice.  (Remember that honey should not be given to children under 2 yrs old).  To treat parasites for a 50 lb child, give at least 3 tsp daily.  You can also use this formula now and then as a preventative measure.  This versatile preparation is good to have around to treat many different conditions.  Stored in a cool place, it will keep for many years."

Here's a funny thing.  I mentioned my kids like it.  My husband takes it alot but kind of gags on it.  He had a sinus infection today and I made him something I found on WTM.  6oz warm H2O, Garlic steeped 10 min, some ACV, Honey and Cayenne.  He took it and asked for more!!!  He liked it.  I am now positive that most people must be able to acquire a taste for it.  I just don't know when I will be desperate enough to get there!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 07:14:46 PM »
Here's another thread on garlic that may be helpful to you...
Garlic - Research, Information, Questions

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Larry

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »
Hay! Thanks Ladies.

I hadn't checked this in a while