Author Topic: Headache from crying  (Read 2125 times)

Offline jaemom

• Adept
Headache from crying
« on: September 16, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »
I was wondering why I get a headache when I cry a lot.  A friend of mine passed away last night at the age of 32, leaving behind her husband and 3 small girls.  I wept for them (not her, she's in heaven) a bit today and have a headache as a result.  This has always happened when I cry a lot, like when my Dad died.  Is this normal?  I really didn't cry that much, just episodes here and there.  Does anyone else have this problem when they cry? 
Wife to J (10 yrs)
Mom to B (9), G (7), G (2), and B (1)

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
Re: Headache from crying
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 01:45:16 PM »
I'm so sorry about your friend's family.  How hard for the husband and 3 small girls.  :'(

I always get a headache if I cry a lot too...... so, you are just as "abnormal" as I am.   :-\

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 02:44:37 PM »
I get a headache, too.  Seems to get better with extra liquids  -  sometimes.  I'm usually not thinking clearly when it's like that so I haven't made a good mental record of what fixes it, what makes it worse, etc...

Sarah K
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 03:03:36 PM »
I get headaches from weeping a lot, too.  I have found blowing as much goo out of my nose as possible, and then a cup of hot tea makes it go away.  Could be the stress on the blood vessels or something.  Sorry to hear about your friend.  Happy to know that she was saved!!