Author Topic: Natural malaria treatment for 10 year old  (Read 9714 times)

Offline Joyfulmomto9

• Adept
Natural malaria treatment for 10 year old
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
My 10 year old daughter has had recurrent malaria about every 3 weeks since being home from Liberia (2 months).  We were there a year and while there she had it several times and it continues to reaccur now that we are home. 

I am questioning if the recurrance is due to it being in her liver or if it is simply because she hates the treatment I have been giving her (quinine) so much that she has not finished an entire course of it.  The quinine usually gives her hallucinations and I know myself from taking it that it is almost worse than the malaria itself.

So I have been looking up natural herbal treatments and I have found alot on sweet wormwood.  I have read alot about it being taken for malaria in a oil based capsule.  I have been unable to find anyone who sells it in just an oil based capsule.  Does anyone know where I could find it? 

Also I have read that you should not give it to children under two but does anyone know if you could give it to a 10 year old child?  I am wondering if the benefits outweigh the risks all things considering. 

Also if anyone knows of a natural treamtent for malaria that is safe to give a child of her age I'd love to know. 

I will try to update this thread with research info and sucess of treatment as maybe someone else could benefit from this information also.

Thanks 

Offline herbs girl

• Master
Re: Natural malaria treatment for 10 year old
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
My 10 year old daughter has had recurrent malaria about every 3 weeks since being home from Liberia (2 months).  We were there a year and while there she had it several times and it continues to reaccur now that we are home. 

I am questioning if the recurrance is due to it being in her liver or if it is simply because she hates the treatment I have been giving her (quinine) so much that she has not finished an entire course of it.  The quinine usually gives her hallucinations and I know myself from taking it that it is almost worse than the malaria itself.

So I have been looking up natural herbal treatments and I have found alot on sweet wormwood.  I have read alot about it being taken for malaria in a oil based capsule.  I have been unable to find anyone who sells it in just an oil based capsule.  Does anyone know where I could find it? 

Also I have read that you should not give it to children under two but does anyone know if you could give it to a 10 year old child?  I am wondering if the benefits outweigh the risks all things considering. 

Also if anyone knows of a natural treamtent for malaria that is safe to give a child of her age I'd love to know. 

I will try to update this thread with research info and sucess of treatment as maybe someone else could benefit from this information also.

Thanks 

I think Mountain Meadow herbs has formulated a product for Malaria and are trying it out in another country with good results. I would contact them. Alot of their formulas can be used for children, and they are an excellent high quality company.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:59:31 PM »
Man!  I know about quinine/chinchona being worse than the malaria.  :P Very scary to experience. In addition I understood that many forms of malaria are now immune to quinine. Personally I'd look at other options.

Be careful with sweet wormwood. It like the related wormwood has pretty severe cumulative neurological side effects. I have seen this in animals and also experienced a slight bit in myself. Because it is cumulative you can use it without much symptomology and then all of a sudden start reacting.

Sorry I have no real answers for you. I don't know if I would use the above or not. Malaria is difficult to deal with and hard on the liver. Of course the typical drug choices are also hard on the liver.  :-\

Praying for your daughter.

Offline stebs7

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
These are my notes on malaria that I researched for a friend that got it this past summer.  Maybe something will be helpful.  Blessings, Nancy

For MALARIA:

Nascent iodine

You buy it here:  http://www.magnascent.com/Products.htm

MALARIA AND TROPICAL FEVERS

"MALARIA FEVER, INTERMITTENT TYPE. Troubled with it years before. Gave nascent iodine. In three weeks NO TRACE OF MALARIA REMAINED. I GAVE ALL BLOOD TESTS. No return of the ailment. Report #1959.

"MALARIA: Treated 40 cases. YOUR DISCOVERY IS GOING TO MAKE A REVOLUTION IN THE WHOLE WORLD AS THE BEST REMEDY FOR TROPICAL FEVERS." Reports #252 and 1934.

"nascent iodine is an ASSET TO THE TROPICAL MEDICINE. Its virtues are unsurpassed in treating various TROPICAL FEVERS." Report #1936.

"Male patient, TERTIAN MALARIA PROVEN BY SLIDE. CONTRACTED MALARIA 18 YEARS AGO. He was treated in the American Hospital but suffered relapses. Since the time he took nascent iodine he is FREE FROM FEVER. TOOK THREE MORE SLIDES - ALL NEGATIVE. THE LAST TWO YEARS HE NEVER HAD FEVER FOR ONE DAY." Report #1937.

"Successfully tried several cases of MALARIA INFLUENZA AND OTHER FEVERS. Temperature becomes normal within twenty-four to forty-eight hours WITHOUT CAUSING ANY HARMFUL OR DEPRESSING EFFECTS ON THE HEART or reducing the vitality of the patient." Report #1942.

"DENGUE FEVER, BLACKWATER AND ALL TYPES OF MALARIA are brought under control within 48 hours. Fever in general disappears after the third day. The general weakness following all fevers disappears within a week. IN NO CASE GASTRO-INTESTINAL SYMPTOMS FOUND TO APPEAR AS IN THE CASE OF QUININE in fever." Report #1967.

"In fevers it is very fine and the improvements are soon

noted. IT IS NON-TOXIC AND DOES NOT LEAVE ANY UNTOWARD AFTER EFFECTS to be feared." Report #127.

"INFLUENZA - 53 CASES TREATED, ALL WITH FAVORABLE RESULTS." Report #1559.

"A case of THIRD DAY CHILLS. Gave nascent iodine 4 weeks ago. Not had any more chills and feeling fine. So a GREAT DISCOVERY, I think." Report #2154.

"FOUND nascent iodine SUPERIOR TO QUININE, as it promptly checks chills and brings the fever under control within 24 to 48 hours and there is a complete absence of undesirable symptoms associated with the use of quinine. nascent iodine IS WELL TOLERATED BY THE SYSTEM." Report #2159.

"Used nascent iodine in OBSTINATE CASES OF MALARIA fever with splendid results." Report #2178.

"Results have been very gratifying in the treatment of MALARIA. TREATED 5 CASES. In each case temperature dropped to normalcy in a few hours and had NO RETURN OF CHILLS OR FEVER." Report #2164.

"Used nascent iodine in FOUR CASES OF MALARIA with splendid results. All symptoms subsided. Appetite greatly improved BLOOD SMEARS NEGATIVE FOR MALARIA." Report #2181.

"Pleased at results obtained in treating MALARIA with nascent iodine. Your preparation WILL HAVE WIDE FIELD OF USE IN MALARIAL CONDITIONS." Report #2221.

"Used nascent iodine in a case of TERTIAN MALARIA, with splendid results. BLOOD NEGATIVE ON ALL FORMS IN FIVE DAYS." Report #2230.

A western herb called wormwood (Piolun) (Artemesia annua) that is taken as a daily dose can be effective against malaria. Protecting the liver with herbs like goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis), Chinese goldenthread (Coptis chinensis), and milk thistle (Silybum marianum) can be used as preventive treatment. Preventing mosquitoes from biting you while in the tropics is another possible way to avoid malaria.

The Neem tree has long been the overstood prevention of malaria. It acts a disinfectant for the liver, where malaria develops. In the presence of the Neem, malaria is not given the opportunity to develop and is ultimately broken down. The Neem is the most common tree in Ghana and a branch with some leaves is readily available to boil as tea. It is suggested that it is taken once a week, as excess can weaken the liver

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 03:54:16 AM »
Please, PLEASE, check out MMS, chlorine dioxide! This stuff is completely awesome! This is NOT the same chlorine that is used in swimming pools. Completely different!!!
It has been fully documented that MMS has been used to treat over 75,000 malaria patients, as well as AIDS patients, Hepatitis A,B and C, and many, many other ailments (from my own personal research.)

Just google 'MMS and malaria' and you will come up with good info. Or you can go right to www.mmsdr.com and check it out for yourself. It is CHEAP and it WORKS!!! It has even been used on babies with great success!!!(All of this IMHO)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:56:16 AM by Mama Sita »
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 05:07:54 AM »
I second the MMS. I have heard great testimonies on how it worked. I'm sure it says on the websites but make sure you work up to the recommended amount of drops b/c the die off can be pretty harsh.

http://www.productdescriptions.info/mms.aspx

Offline Joyfulmomto9

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 05:38:39 AM »
This is alot of good information.  I forgot about MMS.  Someone came and gave us some when we were in Liberia and I used it alot and it worked for me but my children would throw up with it. 

I think I might try this route again.  We left it in Africa for our African friends and I completely forgot about it.

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 06:26:47 AM »
This is alot of good information.  I forgot about MMS.  Someone came and gave us some when we were in Liberia and I used it alot and it worked for me but my children would throw up with it. 

I think I might try this route again.  We left it in Africa for our African friends and I completely forgot about it.

For your children, back WAY off on the dosage, start with 1 drop, and work your way up. Also, it tends to help to have a meal first before taking the MMS. Really helps to minimize the nausea.
 :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:16:21 AM by Mama Sita »
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »
Thanks for this info.  I'm going to check into it for my brother, who just had a case of malaria in Dec. when he returned from Indonesia.  We lived in Guinea, West Africa for 5 years, so he's had malaria quite a few times.  I've also heard of success using black walnut hull and garlic as an alternative to the malaria medicine used to prevent getting it. 
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline roatanmom

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 06:25:31 PM »
Just found this thread.... but I believe Nature's Sunshine's product called Silver Shield works great for Malaria.  A little girl we are raising was tested positive for both malaria and dengue.  I gave her the Silver Shield and she never had any more symptoms, but we also prayed for her and I believe the Lord had a lot to do with her healing!

We've had experiences with malaria here in Honduras... it is awful!  When I had it, some of the local ladies cooked up a pot of "bush medicine" that was the most horribly, awful stuff anyone could dream of!  It was so bitter I thought my hair would literally stand on end and I have long hair.  Don't know that it did any good, but I don't ever want to repeat that experience :o

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »
I have no experience with malaria, but this site mentions holy basil as a cure/preventive. I'd research it more first, but it sounds like it'd probably be a pretty safe thing to use for a child.

http://www.hashmi.com/holi_basil.html
"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc