Author Topic: How to get rid of soured milk smell?  (Read 8135 times)

Offline Eviesmom

• Adept
How to get rid of soured milk smell?
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:41:57 AM »
My 18 month old spilled some milk on the couch Saturday. No problem I wiped it up.  I didn't realize that it spilled all the way through the couch cushion, on the arm, and on the bottom part of my couch-until yesterday when I smelled a horrible horrible nasty sour smell.  Does anybody have any ideas of how I can clean this smell out of my couch. Thanks! Me and my hubby appreciate it.

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
Re: How to get rid of soured milk smell?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 04:51:07 AM »
You could try spraying it with a vinegar water solution (1v:2w).  THen, I'd just leave it and let it dry! 
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:00:20 AM »
Baking soda solution also removes odors.  Good Luck!
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »
I would try the vinegar and baking soda and if they don't work, get some OUT! from the pet section at Walmart.  It's an enzyme pet odor remover.  It will get rid of cat urine smell -- only the worst smell ever to enter our home and if it can do that, I'm sure it can tackle sour milk.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 05:20:55 AM »
I spilled some milk in my car one day, in the dead of summer heat, :(  i immediatly sprayed solumel  from melaluca on it, blotted it and sprayed it on again and did this 3 times and then left it to soak into the fabric, i then sprayed the inside of the car with Revive also from melaluca, I was very impressed, i never smelled a single thing, and I know how it smells.... kind of like something died in the carpet,,, YUK!!  anyway just my 2 pence thoughts