Author Topic: Trigger Point Therapy  (Read 2429 times)

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
Trigger Point Therapy
« on: December 20, 2008, 12:43:17 PM »
Well, I was going to start this post with a link to the "Trigger Point Therapy" site...but their domain name has expired.  :-\ So, until it's fixed, I'll go with Wiki.
Explanation of the Trigger Point Therapy history and technique: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_point

So, tell me all about how you all use this therapy... the whats, the whys, and the wherefores.

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
Re: Trigger Point Therapy
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
No answers just wanted to say THANKS for starting this because i came on here to do some research on this very topic!!
  Now get going with the replies!!  ;D

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
Re: Trigger Point Therapy
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:03:53 AM »
I'll start you out a little but I've found it to be very effective for so many things that they will just have to be covered a little at a time!  I really learned what was going on in my shoulder that froze up by reading the book and studying the concept.  I also found it nearly impossible to reach the trigger points under my shoulder blade with anything.  I tried pencil erasers and dowels with foam rubberbanded to them and anything I could do to get under there.  The pain lead me to the T-Tapp thread based on a rehab workout and I discovered I could release the trigger points in the shoulder with shoulder rolls.  Maybe that will help someone trying to stick strange objects up their armpits in odd positions  :D ::) ;D...I recently worked outside for an entire day stepping on a shovel and digging up ancient bushes.  My husband had to get me some crutches because unknowingly I had created tendinitis and could not bear any weight on my right foot (I've had it before and spent a month in a therapeutic shoe).  That night I massaged the outer front of my shinbone just below the knee using the trigger point therapy and the next morning I could walk with a very small limp and the next it was GONE! 

Does that convince anyone???