Author Topic: Foot Injury  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Lauren007

• Learning
Foot Injury
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:50:29 AM »
Good Afternoon,

A friend of mine injured his left foot, along the side of his big toe, in a soccer game about a month and a half ago. He went to the doctors and they said it wasn't broken, but just needed time to heal. Do you have any suggestions to help with the healing? He has tried icing it and also putting heat compresses in his foot. Any herbal compresses or remedies you can think of? Thank you! :)

Offline DHW

• Adept
Re: Foot Injury
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »
Comfrey and arnica.

There are lots of threads on here with recipes for salves, poultices and soaks. 

There was a good thread on healing a bad bruise that was full of easy and helpful suggestions.  Do a search for bad bruise and several great threads come up.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:51:45 PM by DHW »

Offline BettaGurl3

• I used to be BettaGurl3
  • Master
  • I LOVE HORSES!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:02:40 PM »
DEFINITELY comfrey! It works wonders. :o 8)    HTH, bettagurl3 ;D

Offline Godismyjudge:)

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 02:10:41 PM »
 Goldenseal herb would also be great. Better yet, put all the suggested herbs together and use them!

Hydrotherapy will work wonders for any injuries. Five minutes in ice water, five in hot, hot water. It brings the circulation to the area and the life giving blood. It hurts, but decreases the heal time dramatically.

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 06:01:24 AM »
Goldenseal herb would also be great. Better yet, put all the suggested herbs together and use them!

Hydrotherapy will work wonders for any injuries. Five minutes in ice water, five in hot, hot water. It brings the circulation to the area and the life giving blood. It hurts, but decreases the heal time dramatically.
You can also use water for hydrotherapy. Coldest water you can stand for a minute, then the hottest water you can stand for a minute. Do this for about 15 minutes total, and try to do it twice a day. We also use Dr.Schulze deep tissue oil. We healed my husbands torn acl in his knee, and my daughter has sprained her arm twice and this helped heal it quickly.
These are the 2 things we use when dealing with injuries like this! They are recommendations from Dr. Schulze who has helped heal people with broken arms, etc - all without getting a cast or going to the dr.
Good luck!