Author Topic: Question about cleansing an fasting  (Read 1882 times)

Offline mama2seven

• Wide Eyed
Question about cleansing an fasting
« on: November 16, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »
Hi I have a question my hubby was a addicted to drugs for a very long time he has been clean now for about a 1-1/2 he works about 12 hours a day and he complains of being tired all the time and just not having energy I was wondering if you ladies had any advice I was thinking maybe he need to do a cleanse or fast to help rid his body of some of the garbage that is trapped in there and maybe he might start feeling better
Thank you  :)

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
Re: Question about cleansing an fasting
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:51:48 PM »
Just my opinion, but I think it's way important to add good stuff first, and then slowly cleanse.  You might want to look at the thread on jungle juice...it might give him the extra energy, and will add lots of great all natural vitamins and minerals that have probably been depleted.

I don't know much about metabolizing drugs, but I have read that smokers bodies use WAY more vitamin C...so I'd definitely do some reading and research and bump up his intake of vitamins until he starts feeling better.

Gwen
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline mdessy

• Adept
  • Wife Mom Sister Friend UU Nutrition Educator
    • Grains&More
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:34:37 AM »
It's important to note that according to most experts, including Dr. Elson Haas, fasting in the winter is not recommended.  That's the time when the body needs lots of support.  You may want to consider trying to support the liver.  You could also add greens and booster foods such as nuts and seeds to the diet to help support nutrition.  A green smoothie is a great way to add boosters.

The other thing that comes to mind is that many people with malabsorption get tired very easily because they are not getting all of the nutrients out of their food.  You may need to look into that as well.

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »
When doing a juicing cleanse should you avoid bananas? I thought they would be good for a smoothy but want to be sure they aren't stopping the cleanse.

Thanks
Amanda