Author Topic: My son is having problems with chest pain and nausea, HELP  (Read 5799 times)

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
My son is having problems with chest pain and nausea, HELP
« on: November 13, 2006, 10:35:43 AM »
My 10 years old son is having problem with pain in his chest area,  and nausea at the same time.  I cant pinpoint any food or exercise that would cause it.  Does this sound like reflux?  I give him 1 "tummy tune up original" when it happens and it seems to help. Any suggestions???
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:04:57 AM by healthybratt »
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
Re: My son is having problems with chest pain and nausea, HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:10:37 AM »
That sounds very similar to how my dh described his gallbladder attack.
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline cpsenter

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 11:56:52 AM »
could you elaborate more on "gallbladder attack" don't know much about it!
thanks!

Offline bettysboys

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »
From my experience a gallbladder attack was very painful in my chest and back.  It was accompanied by feeling sick to my stomach.  Usually it resulted in vomiting after which I would usually feel better.  The first several attacks lasted a short while and then they started to get to be several hours long. Sometimes taking a warm to hot shower would help the pain.  The attacks were usually (but not always) brought on after eating something containing fat.  It could be as simple as eggs cooked in butter to pizza or beef.  I am sure the folks here have several helpful hints for curing such attacks.  Sadly, I was unaware of any natural cures, so eventually I had surgery.  It was an easy surgery, but I am sure that God gave us gall bladders for a reason, so if I had only known then that there were options I would have tried one!  God Bless!

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 04:30:23 AM »
Here are a couple of links to look through:
http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,940.0.html
http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,188.0.html

I think a gallbladder attack occurs from a build up of sludge in the system.  Not really sure how else to explain it.  My DH only had one serious one, and since then he has been drinking more water.  It has been several years since the attack, and he hasn't had another.

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 06:56:40 AM »
So, if my 10 years is having problems with gallbladder, what do I do?  If it is yeast, can I give him yeast assassin?  Do I change his diet?  What can I try before I I take him to the local doctor? I would really rather avoid that!
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline Gabe Rising

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 07:17:08 AM »
Please tell much more about your son. Include previous medical history, diet, a more exact description of the pain, etc. Maybe things that have happened in the past week, if he is constipated or has a history of constipation, etc.

--gabe

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 08:27:03 AM »
He is a energetic normal boy.  He has been very healthy others than flu or colds.  One ear infection.  This seems to happen one time a day, approximately.  He has been playing basketball alot this week and last and it seems to happen after that. His pain seems to be in the middle of his chest, in the middle of his sternum. Always nausea, but not always chest pain.  One bowel movement a day. He has been constipated in the past, (last year) but not to the point of an enema.  I just pushed water, water, water.   His diet:  He loves bread, chips (which I have stopped buying) sugar, (I have changed to turbinado) meat, (homegrown mostly) not much on veggies..but will eat beans, taters and cornbread. Let me know if you have any more questions.  I have tummy tuneup original, and yeast assassin.  Also, Chlorella, silver.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:42:16 AM by sarahmontgomery »

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 08:54:59 AM »
He has been playing basketball alot this week and last and it seems to happen after that. His pain seems to be in the middle of his chest, in the middle of his sternum. Always nausea, but not always chest pain. 

Is it possible that while playing basketball his rib muscle tense up?  My ribs are nasty, I can do very simple things, and the cartilage that is suppose to hold them together doesn't and I will get a rib out of place.  Usually laying down and resting will help.  This allows the muscles to relax.  Depending on the severity I can either have trouble taking a deep breath because of a pinched nerve, or feel slightly nauseated.  Most days, I don't have any problem, but then others, if I pick up my toddler in the not-quite-proper-way, I'll pay for it.  My pain usually is under my breast area (very embarrassing when trying to explain to a chiropractor) but my dh has learned how to help my ribs shift back into place from a chiropractor, so now it isn't as embarrassing to get it fixed.

I wouldn't say for sure that this is the problem, just something to consider if he is twisting his upper body a lot.  From what I have seen of basketball, it is a possibility.

I hope the problem is resolved quickly.

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »
Both DD's complain of chest pain (they point to sternum area) when hungry and sometimes right after they eat, yes constipation is common [we love our Lifeline Organic raw milk cheese] and it is not after exercise usually.
I am thinking acid, since it's both girls and they eat the same (mostly) but not sure and I don't think gallbadder but I have no reason to support that.
Any thoughts appreciated.
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri