Author Topic: Peroxide Uses  (Read 3157 times)

Offline khix

• Master
  • Forever changed, forever Yours!
Peroxide Uses
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:05:27 AM »
I got this email about the different uses for peroxide....was wondering if ya'll can vouch for any/all of them.

This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana

'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1..00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.'

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe)

No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of 'Peroxide' to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4 After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to  kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a  tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes severa l times a day.. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye p ackages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens g radually so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them.. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.

Save $5 on your first order at www.iHerb.com!  Use referral code HIC104.

www.campaignforliberty.com

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
Re: Peroxide Uses
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 07:54:36 AM »
I have heard/read similar or the same on post of it.  However the only one I know about from experience, not mine but my brothers.  Is the highlights for your hair.  The only difference was that my brother mixed the peroxide with toothpaste and then put it on his hair.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »
It was neat to find this thread today............I just used 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to clean my very old, very stained cast iron/enamel sink.    It isn't snow white like it would be with bleach but it is white instead of dirty grey.   I also used it in my toilet the other day and it looks as good as when I use The Works    Just be sure to use gloves if you are using the 35% stuff or you till burn your hands.   
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:17:27 AM »
I got this email about the different uses for peroxide....was wondering if ya'll can vouch for any/all of them.

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of 'Peroxide' to keep them free of germs.

don't let them soak too long i learned. i thought it was the brushes so i bought new ones but it's the peroxide. i left them to soak over night after the night brushing and now the bristles are falling out of all of them. maybe overnight is too long i don't know. just warning you.

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »
We recently bought a gallon of food grade HP. I love it and use it for everything!

1. I put a couple dropperfuls into a spray bottle and that is particularly what I use the most.
2. I use it to spray my sprouts to keep them from molding
3. I use it to disinfect my kitchen
4. I use it to mop my floors
5. I use it to clean my bathroom on occasions, and will after I run out of cleaner.
6. We buy raw milk and use it to disinfect the jars.
7. I put dropperfuls into my dishwater to help disinifect my wash water.

That is all I can think of for now!

Offline BensJen

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »
We use hp to get berry stains out of our clothes. Just put a capful straight onto the stain and let it sit 'til the berry is gone (usually doesn't take long). Works like magic!

Very helpful when you have a one-year-old who loves to feed herself raspberries!  ;)