Author Topic: Hemp Diapers  (Read 4341 times)

Offline wyomama3

• Adept
Hemp Diapers
« on: October 29, 2008, 03:22:28 AM »
I have a friend preparing for the birth of her first baby in a few months.  She has decided that they want to use hemp diapers.  Every company on the internet claims that their hemp diaper is the best (of course).  Can you pass on some likes/dislikes, recommendations, and your experiences with hemp diapers, please?  Thank you!

Offline wyomama3

• Adept
Re: Hemp Diapers
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:06:30 PM »
bump  :)

Offline wyomama3

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 08:08:10 AM »
Has anyone here used hemp diapers/inserts?   :)

Offline sarajane

• Adept
    • www.herbsareeasy.com
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:53:44 AM »
I have seen this post and use cloth but never hemp save for one lonely hemp insert I own. I have eyed the hemp pre-folds in the past but never did buy any. I probably wouldn't do that unless I had a really heavy wetter or wanted to use the cloth at night. I just use a disposable at night.

The pre-fold hemp and Happy Hempy's from Happy Heiney's brand are the only two I have ever even heard of for that fabric other than as an insert in a pocket diaper.

I always liked pre-folds and pocket diapers for toddlers so I would probably stick with those no matter what fabric I chose. However, fitted dipes are my fave for newborns. I chose kissaluvs for fitteds but I don't think they make a hemp version.

I stay away from hemp simply because it cost more and dries stiff on the clothesline. It is extremely absorbent though. Moreso than other fabrics.

There are a lot of reviews here: http://www.diaperpin.com/diapers/diaperpages.asp

Maybe that would help her narrow it down? I wish I could be more help.
Mommy to Neveah, 2 year old who lives with Jesus, Larissa 4, Gavin 2. Help meet to Jason for 9 years.