Author Topic: Sugar Cookies  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Tech Serv Assistant

• Adept
Sugar Cookies
« on: October 23, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »
Okay ladies, I need your best unhealthy ;) sugar cookie recipes. They need to be chewy (I'm one of those people who doesn't like crunchy sugar cookies! ;)) and the roll-out kind. I'm making cookies for church on Sunday so I need the recipe by tonight or tommorrow morning at the latest. (I do have someone I'm trying to get a recipe from, but just in case, I need a backup plan!)
"God isn't a mouse on strings. God IS the strings." - Marion, Bible Prof

"You know, when you look at the lineage of Jesus, it isn't too whippy." - Marion, Bible Prof

Offline SarahK

• Master
Re: Sugar Cookies
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »
Grandma Kester's White Rolled Cookies

1 c sugar
1 c butter
2 eggs
3 Tb sour cream or soured milk
1 t soda
1/4 t salt
3 c flour
1 t vanilla

mix sugar butter & eggs to fluffy.  Don't eat much yet.  Add sour cream/milk.  Only test a little bit.  Stir in soda, salt flour & vanilla.  Bake 350 for 8 min.
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
Ooh, that looks good SarahK! I have a feeling I'm going to be a sugar cookie baking machine this weekend! :P :D After all, I'm going to have to test all the recipes, right? ;) I did get my recipe from the lady I asked and if it turns out well, I will post it later.

"You know, when you look at the lineage of Jesus, it isn't too whippy." - Marion, Bible Prof

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »
Here is the recipe. It was awesome!

Sugar Cookies

(4) 1 c. sugar
(2) ½ c. butter
(8 ) 2 eggs
(2) ½ tsp. vanilla
(9) 2 ¼ c. flour or more if needed
Pinch of salt
(8 ) 2 tsp. baking powder
(4) 1 tbsp. milk or more if needed

Cream together sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Beat until smooth. Refrigerate for one hour or more. Roll out and cut into fun shapes. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I quadrupled the recipe (using the numbers in parentheses) and it turned out great. I had to adjust the cooking time some, but you have to do that on almost every recipe. Enjoy!

Offline dvbrd

• Learning
    • Surviving Allergeez
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »
I'm looking for a milk free, egg free sugar cookie recipe! My son is allergic to both and I tried to modify a recipe last year and it was horrible! :(  Has anyone modified a recipe and had good success with it? Thanks, I would love to be able to make cookies with him before Christmas.

Offline uptrapperdansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 05:50:46 AM »
I would like a recipe too. My 2 youngest have allergies as well and I have never found a sugur cookie recipe.
   although its not as fun, we have made cookies a few different ways. We found gingersnap cookies at the HFS and made our own frosting and decorated them. We found chocolate they can have adn melted it and dipped oreos in it. They loved choco covered oreos! Oreos have no milk or eggs. They do have soy and wheat. My youngest couldn't have them at first because she was allergic to wheat, but God is good!
Check out my testimony song!
A true story of God's delivering power!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-MUxfeWJo

YoopreMama

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »

Offline dvbrd

• Learning
    • Surviving Allergeez
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying this with him! Last year's recipe was such a disaster. It was hard to roll out, smelled like glue, and when baked were hard as rocks, though that could have been my fault  ;D!