Author Topic: Natural bath salt recipes  (Read 6760 times)

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
Natural bath salt recipes
« on: October 22, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »
   Here's one of mine:

Sweet Dreams Bath

1/2 c. sea salt
1/2 c. BHS sleepytime tea
2T. vanilla (more or less...we just got some in bulk, which made it cheaper, so I was liberal)
2t. coconut oil
1t. Eden salve

Make bath water as warm as you can comfortabally stand. Add sea salt, vanilla, coconut oil, and Eden salve. Stir well. Make a tea from the sleepytime herbs. Let sit around 10 minutes. Add to bath water. Lower yourself into water and soak until the water is lukewarm. Take a used clean towel and pat yourself dry--don't wash yourself off. Now you smell good, feel good, and are ready to persue sweet dreams!  :) :) :)

Here is what the ingredients do for you...
Sea salt kills yeasty skin and supplies minerals.
Sleepytime tea relaxes you and makes you smell good, among other things
Coconut oil hidrates the skin and protects against skin cancer
Eden salve aids in healing minor cuts and bruises more quickly

An idea for single females...this would be a lovely gift idea to prepare for your mom! While you make a special meal (or clean the dishes), offer to prepare this bath for her to relax in. This would really make her day  ;)

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
Re: Natural bath salt recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 02:33:58 AM »
Oh, that sounds like a nice treat.  I am definitely going to try this one.
I usually use
epsom salt- whole bag
grapeseed oil- about 2-3 tsp
jojoba oil- about 2 tsp
olive oil- about 4 Tbsp
sweet orange oil- until it is scented how I want it.
avocado oil- about 1tbsp
almond oil- about2-3 tsp
and sometimes eucalyptus oil- just until it is scented how I want it. (this one is especially good if you can't breath from a cold).

I don't really measure I just kind of through it in until it looks moist.

I often use this as a bath for my kids. No soap or anything else.  Just rub the skin and hair like you would when washing normally.  They always come out feeling so moisturized, they smell good and are clean.  I don't think I have used shampoo on my kids in over a year.  I can't seem to get myself their yet.  DH even likes this bath.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline FarmWife

• Adept
    • Amazing Graze Farm
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »
   Sweet Dreams Bath

1/2 c. sea salt
2T. vanilla (more or less...we just got some in bulk, which made it cheaper, so I was liberal)
2t. coconut oil
1t. Eden salve

What is Eden salve?
Only by His merciful grace,
Marci

Come check out our store..
www.amazinggrazefarm.com/store

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 05:58:11 PM »
   Sweet Dreams Bath

1/2 c. sea salt
2t. coconut oil
1t. Eden salve

What is Eden salve?

http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Eden-Salve?id=mZdRGrwZ

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 03:49:49 AM »
   I was recently at a large family's house talking about how I love to take baths with epsom salts and sea salts in them, when the dad shared something that I thought was an important bit of advice. The dad there, a scientest (not a medical one but one who checks up on people's land to see what kind of land/ground/dirt it is), said that you have to be really careful if you take baths of how much salt you use, because when you put in a whole bunch of salt into warm water and soak in it, it acts like a huge sponge in the idea of elemenating water from your body quickly. He warned to be careful to drink a lot of water, and be aware of how much salt you are putting in and how it will affect you. Just thought I'd add this note of caution in here :)

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 08:05:52 AM »
Has anyone tried to use organic orange peel (dried) in your bath? I think the smell might be pretty with cinnamon oil/tea bath.

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »
I like to make up bath salts for my grandma.  She's turning 93 this weekend and loves to take baths with the salts.  I just tried a new one.

1 C epsom salts
1 C sea salts (dead sea salts, kosher salt)
1/2 C baking soda
1-2 T coconut oil (liquid form)
1-2 T glycerin (you could sub another oil like olive or jojoba)
Lavender, peppermint and rosemary oils (about 1 tsp lavender, 1/4 tsp peppermint, 1/4 tsp rosemary)
To make a purple color:
6 drops red food coloring
8 drops blue food coloring
Dried lavender (optional)

I mixed it all up (minus the dried lavender - too messy in the tub for me) and put in a quart canning jar, plus another smaller one.  It makes 1 1/4 pounds.  To make for baby, leave out the food coloring and essential oils.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:39:16 AM by RunAmokFarm »