Author Topic: Baby Footie Pajamas  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Lucky Scrunchy

• Adept
Baby Footie Pajamas
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:35:37 AM »
I'm having a heck of time finding footie pajamas that are made from 100% cotton 12 months and up. And if do, they are like $30.00... thats way too expensive.

Does anybody have any stores in mind that have good deals on this kind of product.

My son is allergic to polyester, he gets an awful rash. Winter is around the corner and I want him nice and warm in his crib. He won't sleep under the covers, he just kicks them off so I need to find something really warm. I'm trying to say away from the Halo Blanket sleepers because Dr. Sprott recommends against them.

Offline girly

• Adept
Re: Baby Footie Pajamas
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:42:59 AM »
I'd check ebay or put a want ad on your local craigslist :)

Do you sew?  You could make them for really cheap too.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:08 AM »
We have had the same problem. 

When our youngest DS was little he wouldn't keep the covers on at all. If any part of him got cold at all he would scoot in his sleep trying to find warmth & needless to say, I wanted him to stay put in his bed. We had stopped using poly PJs by this time so blanket sleepers were out. Socks fell off in his sleep, pants legs scooted up his legs so his legs got cold, etc. It was getting frustrating trying to come up with a solution.

I was at WalMart one day & found a bunch of girls cotton tights on clearance & got a bright idea. I used the tights along with a tucked in 100% cotton turtle neck shirt. Problem solved. He stayed warm, the turtle neck stayed tucked in so he didn't have cold drafts up his back. The feet fit snug so his feet didn't slip around (he was around 4-5 y/o at the time) when he walked around although I made it a rule that he HAD to wear his slippers that had bottoms with good traction when he was up. Slippers with GOOD traction is a house rule & pet peeve of mine. The kids have slipped & fallen while sock footed & I once slipped & landed flat on my back, just avoiding smacking my head on the floor while wearing standard, moccasin type, suede bottom slippers.

It worked out great for him & we did that for 2-3 winters until he outgrew the tights & I couldn't find any more that would fit him. Actually, the 24 month size fit him that whole time. I just simply only used dark colored tights & picked the ones with the ribs going down the legs instead of cable knit so they didn't look so much like girls tights. If someone was over & I wanted it to look more like 'PJ's' I simply had him put a pair of pants on over the tights.   

The other idea is to sew socks onto the bottoms of the long john type thermal pants or body suit.

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:19 AM »
Try the Children's Place. I get Jonah's jammies there and they go up to 3T. The bodies are 100% cotton and the trim is 98% cotton and 2% spandex. They aren't cheap at times but I have gotten them for $4.00 a pair on sale. There are always coupons for CP online and if you fill out an credit card application, you usually get at least 15% off.
Hope that helps.

Offline Lucky Scrunchy

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:42:02 AM »
I don't sew.............I should learn though.

Offline Lucky Scrunchy

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »
Wow........you're a creative mama!!! Good job and great idean!  ;D

Offline Lucky Scrunchy

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
Thank you........I'll check them out  ;D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 10:03:25 AM »
Wow........you're a creative mama!!! Good job and great idean!  ;D

You should read some of my other posts.  ;) Many people think I have went way past creative & continued going until I landed in crazy land.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Actually, one of my gifts is thinking outside the box & my way of looking at it is, as long as it works what difference does it make if it's not the 'standard' way of doing things?  :D :D :D   

Offline Lucky Scrunchy

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
I got some today... 3 for $25.00. Thanks again!!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »
Glad you found some!

But to add another idea.... you could stitch some socks onto regular PJ's.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!