Author Topic: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement  (Read 268056 times)

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
Re: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »
The coconut flour is pretty cool.  It takes a tiny amount to make  muffins, etc. It isn't the same texture as regular muffins, but it is really yummy just the same.

I made the blueberry version of the recipe at this link.  Hubby is on the Maker's Diet and this worked as it didn't have too much sweetener.  I had one too...I figured that it wasn't the worst treat I could have.   ;D
http://www.simplycoconut.com/rcp-honey-muffins.htm

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2009, 03:00:30 AM »
Hi!

I am starting day one of an "anti-candida diet" and just wondered if anyone else is doing the same, or planning to start soon.  It would be fun to have company in this adventure!  :D

I'm doing this week just no sugar in any form.  Not eliminating fruit or anything else yet, simply because I'm such a sugar addict right now, that I think I need a little time to adjust.  Shooting for a week of this, and then on to eliminating more problem foods.

Excited to get "cleansed" and healthy again!  ;D

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »
Hi there!  I'm a couple weeks into a candida cleanse, so can keep you company for a little while at least.  Last month I started easing myself down to the candida diet, but got too frustrated after only two weeks because as soon as my body seemed to adapt, I was cutting more food out and felt horrid again.  So I decided to take a week off and then go cold turkey and just get it over with!  I'm doing ShabbyChic's 40-day nursing cleanse that she posted on here a while back.  Basically, it's Step 1 from the Maker's Diet, minus fruit (except lemons), minus dairy, plus brown rice.  I'm also taking the almost all the supplements she recommended - I figured if I spent money (that I didn't really have in the first place) on the supplements, then I'd be more likely to stick to the cleanse so as not to waste my money.

It's hard to know how exactly my body is reacting, since I had a cold before I started.  But as of last night, my "cold" seems to have gotten significantly worse and I can't help but think it's the candida fighting back.  I should probably do a dry brush of my skin, take a hot bath, and then do a garlic poultice tonight to try and let some of the toxins out other ways.  But that honestly seems like too much work right now.  I haven't strayed off the diet, but I really want to start doing those three things every night, so hopefully starting tomorrow...

How was day 1 for you?
These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.  Deut 6:6-7

www.facebook.com/LanaeLeavittArbonneConsultant

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2009, 04:05:33 AM »
Hi Mamatoto!

Good to hear from someone on the road already! :)

Are you nursing? Your plan sounds like a good nursing mom's diet plan.  I started a couple months ago on Bee's Anti-Candida diet, but quit after a week because I felt like I wasn't getting enough to feed both me and my nursing baby. Now she's weaned, so I'm excited to jump in with no restrictions this time!

I'd like to do a strict diet/cleanse for about 2 weeks, and then just back off slowly, but try to keep a balanced diet, with little to no sugar for a long time.

I started Candida Clear this morning... Have Gr8dophilus also, but not sure when to add that in.

Day 1 went pretty good. The sugar cravings were hard, but not impossible to curb.  I ate nuts, cheese and fruit when it got too hard.

I need to make up a menu for next week, when I need to eliminate other things. First I need to decide what "other things" I'm going to eliminate!  ??? There seems to be so many different thoughts on what you can and can't have.  The biggest ones seem to be cheese and grains. 

Thanks for the support!  :)

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2009, 04:08:12 AM »
Oh, and does anyone have suggestions for a good tea to drink while cleansing for candida? I'm into tea right now, (seems to help with the sugar cravings) and it'd be nice if the tea was helping. I've been drinking chai green, and lemon ginger.  It helps if tastes good. ;D

YoopreMama

« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2009, 07:11:30 AM »
Oh, and does anyone have suggestions for a good tea to drink while cleansing for candida? I'm into tea right now, (seems to help with the sugar cravings) and it'd be nice if the tea was helping. I've been drinking chai green, and lemon ginger.  It helps if tastes good. ;D
Hi!
Do you like Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy tea?  It's a bit like Chai...

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2009, 12:44:40 PM »
I just came up with a good no-bake cookie recipe!  I tried it last night and I think a slight modification would work great.  I hope this isn't a repeat.

I love organic, raw nut butters!  My favorites are cashew, almond and peanut (so far).  I LOVE no bake cookies and have tried making them with stevia but have found it doesn't quite work.  It got better when I put the stevia in last and mixed in with the oatmeal, but it still wasnt great.

Last night I spooned a few TBSP of raw cashew butter and a few TBSP of coconut oil, stirred it real good.  Once the oil and cashew butter was mixed well, I added old fashioned oats until there was enough to be coated.  I let it sit in fridge over night but this would be the ideal time to roll into balls and put on wax paper.  I had the idea to drizzle melted dark, dark chocolate on the top to keep sugar down but still have a hint of chocolate.  To be honest, I love them just how they are.  The coconut oil just melts in your mouth and it is so filling because it's nutrient dense.  I made a small bowl and ate a few cookie sized bites and walked away satisfied.

I had to share!!!
A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed...When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.-- Dresden James

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
Hi again Jemima!  So glad to hear day 1 wasn't unbearable.  Sounds like you have a good plan (snacking on yummy "ok foods") for trying to head off cravings.  How was today?  Any headway on deciding what food to cut out next?  I just read today in Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child that yeast loves lactose, which I suppose is why dairy is on everyone's no-no list.  I still don't fully understand how healthy foods (raw dairy, fruit, whole grains, etc.) can be "bad" for you - I guess they're only really healthy for you if candida is under control and your gut is full of healthy bacteria...??

Day 18 was miserable!  Yesterday was the first day I experienced symptoms anything worse than basic mild cold symptoms.  And today they just got worse, so I'm officially attributing them to the cleanse instead of a cold.  I can't breathe through my nose at all and sound really ridiculous when I talk!  I just did a dry brush scrub and hot bath to try and get rid of some of the toxins through my skin, and hopefully I can keep it up as the days go on.

My biggest problem is meal planning, especially since I'm doing a pretty restricted diet.  I'm only cooking for myself (single mom and DS is still 99% breast fed), so I come up with 3 different meals each week that I rotate through lunch and dinner and back again, and 3 snacks that I eat each day.  Breakfast is always the same - ground brown rice soaked and then cooked up like hot cereal and topped with coconut oil, ground flaxseed, and raw almond slices - it tasted fine 18 days ago, but I'm already getting tired of it!  But I can't come up with any other ideas (I don't like eggs)  :-[ If I was cooking for a whole family that expected variety I think I'd really be in trouble!!

As far as a tea idea, both ginger and licorice are effective against candida, as well as being tasty!  So your lemon ginger is sure to be doing some good.  And even if you don't like black licorice, you may like licorice herb in a tea - it's pretty sweet.  And another idea:  I'm not sure that it necessarily helps eliminate candida, detox your body, or fight cravings...BUT it is high in calcium, so could be helpful if/when you eliminate dairy.  It's a teething recipe I got from Hebal Remedies for Children's Health and tastes really good!  I'm not sure how many of the ingredients you'll have on hand, or whether you're close to a store that sells herbs in bulk for cheap, but here's the recipe just in case: 1 part nettle, 2 parts oats, 1 part raspberry leaf, 2 parts lemongrass, 2 parts lemon balm, 3 parts rose hips, 1/2 part cinnamon, a pinch of stevia to sweeten (optional).  I have a big bag mixed up that I shake each morning to re-mix, then just take a T out and brew a cup.

It's time for bed...best of luck tomorrow!
These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.  Deut 6:6-7

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2009, 03:45:42 AM »
Yesterday went very well, thankfully. I've expected to have horrible sugar cravings, since I've been such a sugar junkie, but they haven't been overly hard yet. Protein and tea definitely helped yesterday when I had the urge to snack.

Today I'm feeling extremely irritable/on edge, almost like I have nervous energy or something!  :-[ Not fun. I think it may be those cravings for carbs and sugar, since I also admit to having a snack of potato chips, which seemed to help me relax.  :-X Is that terrible, or what?

I'm glad to hear ginger tea is helpful! I sort of like licorice, so maybe I'll try some of that, too. Your blend sounds good! I don't have some of those herbs accessible right now, but I did just remember I have some Red Raspberry Brew stored... Might not help anything, but it tastes good and is good for you.

I'm trying to figure out some meal plans, too.  I do like eggs, so I guess that will be a mainstay for breakfast, although I'm not sure I can eat eggs EVERY day!  :P

I'm going to allow grapefruit and berries, in moderation, so that will be a nice treat! Do you know if beans are allowed? I think I read no, but it would be so nice if they were! Much as I love dairy, I think I'm going to eliminate it for a week or two, anyway.

How long are you planning to go for? Great job at keeping at it for 18 days already! That's awesome, and encouraging.  I don't look forward to detox/die-off symptoms, but it would be somewhat good to know that the cleanse is working. 

Have a successful day!

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
Wow, I'm really curious if tiredness, laziness, lethargy - whatever you want to call it, is related to cleansing! I have been unusually tired and lazy feeling the last 3 days, which are the days I haven't been doing sugar. The last 2 I've been taking Candida Clear. Could just those two things be detoxing me already? Or is it the sugar withdrawals. I'm thinking sugar withdrawal, but I don't know for sure.

*Yawn*, how am I going to keep this household rolling if I feel like this for 3 weeks?  ::)

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2009, 07:14:47 PM »
So, so happy that your cravings were manageable yesterday!  (Well, other than the potato chip incident  ;))  Were they about the same today, or has the candida figured out it's not going to get it's favorite meal anytime soon?  I think it's safe to say that you can chalk any out-of-the-ordinary reactions up to the cleanse - everything is fair game in love and war and this is definately WAR.  I did a quick little search online and it looks like - yes - fatigue is a symptom of die off, so it looks like your already rolling right along! 

I think your plan to keep berries and grapefruit sounds very reasonable, and should give you something to look forward to.  I personally decided to cut them out, too, because I was afraid if I ate anything remotely sweet I'd be to tempted to eat something else sweet, etc., etc., etc.

My plan is to do the straight anti-candida diet/supplements for a total of 40 days.  But at that point I'm going to re-asses and see whether I think I need more time or not.  I really need to make this work, as the candida overgrowth is not only affecting me, but my DS as well.  We recently moved, so found a new (holistic) pediatrician and went in to see her for the first time last month.  DS had just gotten a yeast rash in his diaper area two days earlier, and the pediatrician aso diagnosed a red ring around his anus that he had since the day he was born as yeast.  She told me that babies start labor with no (good) bacteria, but pick some up from the vaginal canal during birth.  They also pick up anything else battling the good bacteria.  So any candida problems hanging around in mom get transferred to the baby  :( This is regardless of whether mom actually has a vaginal yeast infection, but instead is related to her body's overall candida levels and is especially aggravated if mom takes any antibiotics during pregnancy or has any yeast infections during pregnancy.  I had a TON of yeast infections during pregnancy, and am pretty sure my candida overgrowth comes from being on anti-acne antibiotics from 6th grade through part of college (including Accutane).  All that to say that DS is the reason I'm plugging on, so I need to get this right the first time.  Once I decide to be done with the cleanse, I think I'll transfer to the full Step 1 of the Makers Diet for 2 weeks, then Step 2 of the Makers Diet for 2 weeks, before settling on Step 3 (which is pretty much how I've eaten for the past 3 years EXCEPT for some "out-of-control" sugar intake since Christmas this year  :-[).

Any good meal ideas for next week?  Here are a couple recent meat-based concoctions that actually turned out yummy:

Dredge a boneless, skinless chicken breast in egg.  Coat it in lots of ground flaxseed and dried herbs (I chucked in basil, oregano, onion, garlic powder, parsley, and allspice).  Pan-fry in coconut oil.  Serve over brown rice spaghetti and top with a couple dollops of thick tomato sauce (I doubled the amount of tomato paste I usually use with tomato sauce and then added the same herbs I listed above). 

Chuck roast with lots of onions, carrots, and fresh rosemary.  This was actually the first time I have ever cooked a roast - well, actually, I'm not sure that it actually qualified as a roast if I did it in the crock pot, does it?  Serve over brown rice cooked with butter. 

Taco salad with ground beef mixed with homemade taco seasonings.  I used chopped cabbage as the base because it's high in vitamin C and beta carotene.  Mix in whatever "taco veggies" you have on hand and top with salsa and avocado (no sour cream  :'().

I'm also trying to use red peppers in as many things as I can because it's just packed with vitamin C and vitamin A (1 cup of chopped pepper is 200% of your vitamin C for the day and 100% of your vitamin A).  Since I'm not eating fruit on the cleanse, I don't much care for cooked veggies, and I only really love eating raw veggies when it's warm out, I'm trying to be practical about getting all the fruit/veggie vitamins I need as easily as possible.  Then once that is out of the way, I can eat as much of whatever else I like without worrying about being too "balanced."

Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas for next week... :-\

Don't let the fatigue get you discouraged - just think how full of energy and vitality you'll be when this is all over!!!!!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2009, 08:05:30 PM »
I think it's safe to say that you can chalk any out-of-the-ordinary reactions up to the cleanse - everything is fair game in love and war and this is definately WAR. 

Read post #107 on this thread. Here's a link:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,21241.msg206538.html#msg206538

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »
LOL - so true!  Jemima- Have you been able to keep your eyes open today?

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
Well, today marks the halfway point - yeah!  Yesterday and today I had what I would call "moderate cold symptoms" - much better than Wednesday, but worse than the first couple weeks.  I am hoping that if I can facilitate as much detoxing as possible through the urinary tract (by upping my minimum water intake from 8-12 glasses a day - actually I always shoot for 12 but end up with 8, so now I'm shooting for 16 so I'll end up with 12), digestive system (by keeping up with my flax seed and newly-added charcoal supplement), and integumentary system (by doing dry brush skin rubs and hot baths that make me sweat), I'll lessen the detox symptoms in my nose and throat (or at least hold them at bay - I definately don't want any more days like days 17 and 18).  Not sure if my rationale is truly rational, but unless someone shows me otherwise I'm going to press on ahead as if it is.  Last night I added some bentonite clay to my bath, and I might as well do the same tonight.  Amazingly, DS's cold symptoms seem to really be  dropping off - I only had to wipe his nose a couple times today  :)  Still don't have a menu plan for next week, so I'll be thinking about that while in the tub tonight - no relaxing for me! 

Can't wait to hear how the last couple days have gone for you, Jemima.  Oh, I forgot to post on your beans question from yesterday.  It seems like different sources have different lists of ok foods, but I don't think I've seen beans on anybody's ok list.  I'm just doing brown rice and brown rice products (unfortunately, very few brown rice products only have brown rice as an ingredient).  But I'm pretty sure multiple sources have given the ok to amaranth, quinoa, and millet.  No beans, though!  Sorry!!  Best of luck keeping strong this weekend.  And happy first day of spring  :)

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2009, 01:43:03 AM »
Hurray for you, Mamatoto! That is a big achievement to go that long on this diet!  :-*

I like your thought on detoxing externally, so internal symptoms won't be as bad... I need to remember to drink a lot. Now that I'm not nursing, the thirst urge isn't there so much, but maybe I'll have to make a note of how many cups I'm getting a day.

Well, I have a sad confession to make...  :-[ I totally fell off the bandwagon yesterday! When I hear how good your doing, it makes me feel like such a wimp. It all started w/a piece of banana cake I had made for church... And I rationalized that I wasn't on the "official" cleanse yet, so one little piece wouldn't hurt. You know where one little piece leads... :P  So dumb. But! I'm starting fresh again today, and excited to get the full diet underway! I can do this!  ;D

My menu plan for the week is salmon patties (they call for cracker crumbs, but I don't know if the tiny amount in there will hurt - and I may try to look for gluten free crackers), rotisserie chicken, meatloaf, and some sort of baked chicken breasts, oh, and nachos. Well, nachos for everyone else, meat and the veggies for me, and we'll see what I can do with that to make it a meal for myself.
I have a Chicken Stew recipe that I was thinking of making. You may like it! It only has chicken, brown rice, carrots and peas, and chicken broth. I thought of making a pot for myself for lunches.

I think I'll allow brown rice in moderation... Wasn't going to, but maybe I should. (My mom was worried that I'll get too skinny and not enough to eat, when I told her about this! :) ) Oh well on the beans. I can live without them.

You mentioned flax seed - are you taking the oil? Any other fats/EFA's? I've been taking CLO for awhile now, and may up the dose. Do you like Coconut oil? There's a coconut oil drink on this thread, I think. It's from another website, but it was a good breakfast drink.  I couldn't quite get it down, cause I don't like a strong CO taste.

Anyway, I should run here, but yes, a good weekend to you, as well! Thanks for the support!

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2009, 08:00:57 PM »
I am thrilled to hear that one day off the wagon isn't slowing you down, Jemima!  In similar situations it's really hard for me to keep going on something without rationalizing another (but this time planned) cheat day.  So I really hope that you were able to be strong and have a successful weekend.  Weekends are a tough time to start things because I'm not in my usual routine, so if you were able to pull it off...kudos!!  (And if not, there's always tomorrow to start fresh  ;D)  Your meal plans sound great!  In fact, I liked your soup-for-lunch idea so well I changed my plans at the last minute and made a huge pot of soup today for lunches this week.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take into account that DS and I go into the office Mondays-Saturdays, and it sounds a little risky to put soup into my existing food containers without expecting leaks, so I need to track down a thermos before I can implement the soup-for-lunch idea  ???

Here are the supplements I'm taking (I pretty much just stole Shabby Chic's list, and ran them by my pediatrician who tweaked it a tiny bit):

With breakfast: ACV, hot tonic juice, raw garlic cloves, probiotic, vitamin D (until the weather gets sunnier), calcium, milk thistle, horsetail, fenugreek, cloves, fish oil, and high calcium tea

With dinner: pumpkin seed oil, SuperMom, raw garlic cloves, lemon juice, Mama's Milk Tea

On an empty stomach (I have been having trouble taking these consistently because I can't stand having an empty stomach!): activated charcoal, Garden of Life Fungal Defense (I initially bought Candex because it was touted as not contributing to die-off, but I had scarily bad reactions to it, so switched to Fungal Defense, which I was taking without any problems the couple weeks before starting the cleanse - oddly enough, I now have mild stomach cramping when I take it, so am on a reduced dosage for now)

Each day I am trying to get in about 3 T coconut oil in my cooking/on my cereal, plus an extra 1-2 T butter, as well as 1/4 cup ground flaxseed in my food.  When I do salads or other cold foods, I am using flaxseed oil in the dressing.  DH is still 100% breastfed except for the following items that our pediatrician wanted me to start him on while I was doing the cleanse: 1-2 t CO, 1/4 t bifidus probiotic powder, and 1 t CLO each day.

How much CLO are you taking?  And what brand?  I tried taking liquid CLO once, but couldn't swallow it without gagging, so I'm taking 2 capsules of Carlson's DHA fish oil blend.  But I'm sure I'm missing out on some of the benefits specific to CLO.  At least it has enough DHA (and almost enough EPA) as the pediatrician wants me to take, so I guess that's the important part  ???  Did you decide when to add your Gr8ophilus in?

I'll have to look for the CO recipe you mentioned, as I love the stuff!!!!! 

This weekend was a hard one as far as wishing for no-no food goes.  I don't think anything really rose to the degree of cravings - maybe since I know that I've given it 22 days without cheating and I'm not about to make all that time "worthless."  But I kept thinking about sourdough bread and raw maple date shakes.  Sigh!!!  Every Saturday, I give myself an "acceptable treat" (something I wouldn't usually eat for the cleanse, but still isn't bad cleanse-wise), and yesterday I really felt like fruit and carob, so I sauteed a few handfuls of blackberries in CO and a spoonful of carob powder.  Very surprisingly...it tasted super yummy!!!  So I'm planning on the same treat for the end of this week.  I didn't get my skin brushes or baths in yesterday or today (again, weekends really throw me off kilter sometimes)  :(, but hope to bring them back full force tomorrow.

Gotta get some sleep!!!!!  Best of luck this week.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:10:57 PM by Mamatoto »

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #256 on: March 23, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »
Well, today's been day 1 of the candida cleanse - in full force! Seems like I tend to be an all or nothing person... almost easier than just avoiding sugar.  Knowing it's only temporary, and has a specific goal.

Hasn't been the easiest, but not too bad, either. I just feel I can't eat anything!  :-[  It really seems like it's basically a salad diet.  But I haven't had any meat today, either, so salmon for supper will taste really good. I was pleasantly surprised that 2 boiled eggs with butter and salt, a cup of tea, and water and supplements was enough to hold me till lunch.  Lunch was a spinach salad with chopped boiled egg, green pepper, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. (I'm just going to do the cheese sparingly, on occasion).

I am hungry now, and not sure what to eat... Fresh veggies are not appealing as that seems to be all I've eaten today.  Waiting to get some nuts for snacking. I think those will help a lot.

I'm taking a Tablespoon of liquid CLO daily. I should probably increase it. I hated the liquid kind too, but then I tried the mint flavored, (Twinlab brand) and it is very easy to take! My two little ones love it off the spoon, too!

Wow, I'm not taking all the supplements you are, Mamatoto! Just Candida Clear, Supermom, and Gr8dophilus, along with fresh crushed garlic.  But I'm sure they are a great extra boost! I would like to get some milk thistle, though.

How did your soup turn out? Mine is rather green. ;D I had to add one carrot in, just for a bit of color. I didn't have any meat on hand to add, but I hope to have some leftover chicken tomorrow I'll add.  I pretty much used everything I had for fresh veggies - leeks, cabbage, cauliflower, garlic...  And a handful of brown rice.

Well, I better move along... When I'm only on day one, it's very encouraging that you are on day 20, (or 21)!

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2009, 08:33:32 PM »
Congratulations on successfully making through the first half of Day 1!  Did you find anything to snack on between lunch and dinner?  I think planning snacks is just as important as planning meals.  Was dinner hearty enough to satisfy you and leave you full?  I keep telling myself that there's no use thinking about all the things I can't eat - we have the rest of our lives to eat them.  So let's brainstorm some things we can snack on... Being the time-strapped person I am, I have the same snacks every day for a week, then switch.  Apparently I'm not too creative since I seem to have variations of the same thing week after week, and I admit it's getting boring, so I'll take any good ideas you might have and run with them!  I almost always have a nuts/seeds snack, a veggies/almond butter snack, and a brown rice product snack (ex: rice crackers with guacamole or puffed rice cakes with butter).  This week I decided to branch out and create a special treat, so this week's snacks are (1) pumpkin seeds (soaked, then sprinkled with tons of cayenne pepper, then dehydrated until they're super crispy) and soaked almonds, (2) celery, carrots, and green bell peppers dipped in almond butter, and (3) a super yummy raw food concoction I got from Serene Allison's raw food cookbook (from Above Rubies) that is basically veggies, spices, and nuts blended to a paste, then spread on nori sheets and dehydrated.  It sounds weird, but actually tasted really good!  Hhhmmm, what else?  If you are eating grapefruit and berries in moderation, maybe one of your snacks could be a small serving of one of those.  I'll see what else I can think of.  Do you have a dehydrator?

My biggest problem right now is the term "in moderation."  I think I'm supposed to be eating brown rice "in moderation," but last week I had 4 servings every day.  So this week my goal is 2-3 servings each day.  I'm going to sautee some chicken sausage with red bell peppers for breakfast tomorrow, so that eliminates 1 serving from my hot brown rice cereal.  Hopefully I'll be full  :)

As far as supplements go, it sounds like you've got the main ones, so you should be good to go.  I am still having trouble taking what is probably the most important one: the anti-yeast supplement.  I had mild stomach cramps for a couple hours today that I'm pretty sure are related to the half-dose I took this morning.  So I didn't take any more the rest of the day.  Problem is, I'm supposed to take three doses.  So I hope the diet is doing it's part, because I'm hesitant to up my doses until I can handle what I'm taking.  The weird thing is that I took Fungal Defense the couple weeks before starting the diet, so I don't know why I'm having problems now.  (Although these "problems" are much, much more manageable than the few times I took Candex.)  I hope I haven't wasted three weeks of diet because I wasn't taking this supplement.  :-\

My soup turned out pretty good - sounds like I did what you did and added a bunch of veggies and a little rice to some broth, but I also added chicken, too.  I think having the protein in it helps fill you up, even if it's just a little.  I seasoned it with a ton of curry powder (among other things) so that it wouldn't just taste like veggies. 

Well, today was a stressful day where there seemed to be way less hours in the day than I needed.  I haven't had a chance to take my hot bath and I need to get to bed ASAP, so I'm going to skip the bath again  :(.  I hope tomorrow I can make my external detoxing (and a reasonable bedtime) higher on my priority list.

Best of luck on Day 2!! 

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2009, 08:38:37 AM »
I opted for a hot bath and halfway reasonable bedtime last night instead of getting online, so here's yesterday's belated post:

Good news #1: I am officially downgrading my cold-like symptoms to MILD  :)

Good news #2: My stomach cramps from taking Fungal Defense dropped from 2 hours to 1 hour in duration, and are manageable, so yesterday I upped my intake to 2 half doses  :)

Bad news #1: I am still having stomach cramps from my anti-candida supplement  :(

Bad news #2: I am fighting off a couple different yeast infections  :( All last week nursing was somewhat painful and reminded me of my nipple yeast infection three weeks after DS was born.  Thankfully, it didn't feel nearly that bad, but still somewhat painful.  Then Saturday and Sunday I felt perfectly fine...but Monday the pain came back.  It's not too bad, but I feel like it's a yeast infection in the making.  Also, I am fighting a vaginal yeast infection that has kept me up part of the night the past 2 nights.  Does this mean the cleanse isn't working?  Is working?  Or does it not mean anything?  Also, the yeast rash around DS's bum is getting smaller and lighter, but the rash in the front of his diaper area is still coming and going.

Jemima...how are you doing?? ??

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2009, 05:48:19 AM »
Hi everyone.  I'm finally going to get rid of this candida.  I think it's the root of most of my health problems. 

I have one book, but I don't really like the recipes.  I saw at the beginning of this thread that you should look at the article how to successfully overcome candida but I couldn't find it?  I would like to have something to go by.  My book says no tinned tomatoes?  I thought tomatoes were Ok?  So for lunch I had rice with onions, chili powder, cayenne pepper powder, garlic powder, and a can of tomato paste.  We put it on flour tortillas, they didn't have any yeast or sugar, so i figured it was ok.  Although, I know they aren't healthy, from the store, I need to figure out how to make them I guess.

Anyway, then I had a handful of carrots.  so, was there anything wrong with that?

I also noticed that you aren't supposed to take probiotics in the beginning?  So, I should just take the yeast assassin?

Any help would be great, I'm not really sure how to start.  I know I can stick with this if I think I'm doing it right, but I won't stick with it if I feel like I keep messing it up.
Thanks
Wendy

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #260 on: March 26, 2009, 09:08:14 AM »
Welcome, wlwest! This is quite the dietary adventure! :D  Have you read through some of the threads on candida, the diet, etc., on here? They get tedious, I know, but I feel like I've gleaned a lot of helpful info from them.

The diet plan I'm on is one of the strictest, I think. Basically no grains, (that includes your flours), no sugar in any form, no fruit, no potatoes, corn, beans, carrots, or other high sugar/high carb veggies, and no dairy. I think that's about it. Pretty much your diet is meat, veggies, nuts and eggs.  It has seemed almost impossible to eat that way to me, but I'm managing to do it! For 4 days, so far! Not very far along, but hey it's slowly working! I've allowed tiny amounts of blueberries, and brown rice so far, also. 
I'm taking a probiotic right now. Not sure on the timing, but I know it's not hurting anything.

Mamatoto - I think yeast flare-ups are part of the die-off! I'm sure it's not fun, :( but isn't it exciting to know the diet is working?! I think the yeast puts up a fight before it totally dies. ;D  I read that drinking a lot is supposed to help with not getting infections. Your good and bad news sounds like it's overall good news to me - symptoms of yeast die-off. 

I haven't noticed anything unusual yet. But I'm only on day 4.  I don't really WANT to have yucky symptoms, but yet it would be kind of nice to know things are working!  :-\  Only thing is that I seem to be getting a bowel cleanse.  :P Which is good, i guess.

I've had some harder sugar cravings yesterday and today. Doesn't help when you see good stuff in your cupboard you can't eat.  Stevia saved the day, along with a few frozen blueberries.

I had spaghetti squash last night - I've seen it okayed by some... not sure if it's totally a good thing right now or not. ...but it did taste awesome! Had tacos for the rest of the family, and I just put the ground beef on top of the squash, and it was really good.

Have you done much spinach salads? I've found them to be great, topped with a little chopped chicken, or a sprinkle of shredded cheese. I probably should just quit the cheese totally, even though I haven't been having much. It IS dairy.

What I'm worried about right now is that dh and I are going on a trip the end of next week. So... I'd be on about day 11, and I wanted to go for 2 wks, minimum.  I just know it's going to be really hard, when it'll be a fun getaway, to not get to eat any fun foods. I don't plan on just totally jumping off the bandwagon, but I think I'll have to allow somethings... like some fruit, or a piece of candy or dessert somewhere in there. Any thoughts on how I could do it, without making my hard-earned efforts wasted?

BTW, I think that is so awesome that your doing this while nursing, Mamatoto! It's going to be such a blessing to your baby. I wanted to, and tried a couple days, but felt my milk supply decreasing, and not getting enough to feed me and my babe. My two year old has some eczema patches, and frequent diaper rash, that make me think he may have yeast issues, too.  :'(  Maybe I should put him on this too.

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »
So glad to hear you're recipes are working well and you haven't had unmanageable symptoms, Jemima!!  I'm especially happy you figured out a way to make taco night work :D I would count sugar cravings as a symptom, though, and think you should treat that as a sign it's already working.  Do you have the most recent Beeyoutiful catalog?  There is a good article on yeast that says, "Sugar is yeast's favorite food, and when yeast takes over, it demands, through your body's cravings, more and more sugar to satisfy its lust for the stuff."  So if your sugar cravings are increasing, I think that's a sign that the yeast in your body is feeling more and more deprived.  I'll have to think about strategies for your getaway weekend - let me sleep on it and hopefully I'll have some brilliant ideas in the morning  ;)

Welcome, wlwest!!  I agree with Jemima that the grains in your tortillas probably aren't the best for a yeast cleanse.  To be honest, I don't really understand the whys behind all the no-no foods.  Cutting out sugar and anything with natural sugars (fruit, honey, maple syrup, dairy) makes sense to me.  But I don't really understand why grains are a no-no.  It seems that they are, though, so just get ready to eliminate them for the next few weeks.  Admittedly, this makes cooking more difficult since grains often make up the bulk of my meals, but oh well!  I can eat grains any time I want once I'm done so I'm trying not to think about it too much.  If you don't like the recipes in your book, I'd suggest just trying to make up your own out of ingredients that you like.  You might read some of the past posts for meal ideas.  I think the KEY is meal planning and prepping and having things on hand ready to go so that you don't grab a no-no item just because it's the easiest thing and you're hungry, and also so that you don't end up staring at the cupboards wondering WHAT in the world you can eat  ;D Just try and figure out what you can eat that only includes "acceptable" items:  meat, fish, poultry, eggs, brown rice, non-starchy vegetables (hadn't heard about the carrot thing, and they are pretty sweet for a vegetable, so maybe I shouldn't be allowing those??), nuts (I'm only allowing almonds), seeds, and healthy fats (I'm allowing coconut oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, goat's milk butter, and avocado - although on second thought maybe I shouldn't be doing avocado because it's a fruit??  It's in Maker's Diet Phase 1 under fats, though...)  I've been allowing tomatoes and tomato products (tomato sauce, tomato paste) because they're listed in Maker's Diet Phase 1 under vegetables, but maybe I shouldn't be doing those either because they're a fruit??  Anyone have any thoughts on these?  I would also recommend taking the probiotic right from the get-go.  It will start to build up the good bacteria in your gut, which will in turn help fight off the candida.  The first thing out pediatrician made sure of was that both DS and I had a good probiotic before we started.  If you have coconut oil and/or garlic, I would try using them as much as you can because they are anti-fungals (and candida is considered a fungus).  And if you have any raw apple cider vinegar, you may want to think about taking 1 T each day 5 minutes before eating a meal, as it helps with digestion and digestive enzymes.  I've read opposing viewpoints on anything fermented, so that's the only fermented thing I'm taking.

This week's main meals are a chicken vegetable soup and a buffalo "chili" that I adapted from a recipe in the most recent Beeyoutiful catalog.  For breakfast I've been filling up on chicken sausage and red peppers sauteed in coconut oil and ground flaxseed (seems to add some bulk), and topped with avocado.  Other than my taco salad in Week 1, I haven't done much on the salad front, as I have a hard time getting excited about vegetables when it's cold outside.  But maybe I'll add them into next week's meal plan since I'm running low on ideas.  Anyone have a good "acceptable" dip recipe I can use with raw veggies?  I'm getting tired of almond butter!!  I was thinking of some sort of tahini concoction since tahini is just sesame seeds... 

Jemima, I haven't actually tried this, but it may be a decent cheese substitute for your salads: In Serene raw cookbook, she has a recipe for "parmesan salad sprinkles" that is basically seeds ground up in a coffee grinder until they are the texture of grated parmesan cheese.  She suggests any of the following:  100% hulled sesame seeds, 100% sunflower seeds, 100% pumpkin seeds, 50% pine nuts 50% sesame seeds (not sure if you're allowing pine nuts), or 50% pine nuts 50% pumpkin seeds.  She also suggests adding a little bit of sea salt and pepper when grinding.  I'm not sure how much they'll taste like cheese, but they would give you some texture and bulk, as would ground flaxseed.  (Although it sounds like maybe you don't need any of that :P).

I've been feeling cotton-mouthy for the past few days and I just re-read in The Maker's Diet that that is a sign of thrush.  So it looks like my body is fighting yeast on three different levels   >:(  Also, I've been really tired during the middle of the day this week, but I'm not sure whether that's really tied to the cleanse, or maybe just because I've been getting to bed later than normal  ::)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:28:06 PM by Mamatoto »

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2009, 05:00:39 AM »
Hello.  Well this is day 2 for me.  Had scrambled eggs with onions this morning.  Don't know what to eat for lunch yet??  I went to the chiro this morning, my 2nd visit.  It really helped with that migraine, only a little headache left, and a little sore neck.

Anyway, can i eat brown rice with tomato paste?  Or is the tomato paste a definite no no?  I guess I could just make a salad, I have homemade dressing, olive oil with braggs apple cider vinegar, with garlic, mustard powder, basil, and salt.

I need to sit down today and plan out some food, but I just haven't had time yet.  At least I'm not the only one doing this! :)

wendy

Well, I can't believe what I just did.  I was getting pretty hungry and looked in the fridge & found some chicken(not lunch meat, strips), that natural choice, no msg, etc.  I usually buy a couple packages of that .  so I'm eating away thinking this is great, just happened to turn the package over and saw some turbinado sugar in the ingredients!!  no wonder it's soo good!  Uggh.  well, a couple strips isn't that bad right? :(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 05:15:22 AM by wlwest »

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
  • www.homeschoolblogger.com/rebeccahuff
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »
I am planning to start day one on Monday. (need to grocery shop and remove many grains from my house!)  The entire family will be joining me... but I am nursing. I asked on the nursing mama thread, but are any of you other moms nursing?

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »
Whoo-hoo! I just made a little "dessert" tonight that tasted great and was guilt-free.  ;D I had a bad craving for something sweet - cookie, apple, anything.  So I got out my blender and started with a large handful of almonds, whizzed to powder.  Then I added about a tbsp of butter, a shake of stevia, a tbsp of cocoa, and blended some more. I shaped this into small balls and put them in the fridge. They are SO good!  8) I actually felt like I was eating a "cookie", even though it wasn't anything bad. Was fun to concoct, too!

Well, I'm finishing up day 5. It's so exciting to be this far! I had some minor deviations on the diet today - there was a dressing on the spinach salad at the restaurant we ate at tonight for supper, and I ate one pretzel when my kids were having a snack.  Hope those didn't set me back too much.  It's hard and easy at the same time. Seems like once you've got the ball rolling, so to speak, you don't really have a lot of desire for food that is off limits, just because you don't want to ruin it all.

I hope you're able to stave off getting full-fledged yeast infections, Mamatoto... I wonder if taking extra fresh garlic would help? Are you drinking a lot? I keep forgetting but I guess tea probably counts too, and I drink that.

Wlwest, I'm not sure on the tomato paste. I think I read tomatoes weren't the best, but I don't remember them being a big no-no, either.  ??? I haven't really been having any, just to be on the safe side, but if it was me, I wouldn't stress over it right now, if you are having trouble finding things to eat. Look it up on the "Foods to eat while fighting candida" thread, maybe.  Mamatoto's recommendation of meal planning is excellent, and I wholeheartedly agree. Even if you can only come up with a breakfast, lunch and supper plan for one day, you can repeat that till you think of more ideas.  Canned salmon and tuna are nice for lunch options...

Oh, I forgot to say, that I felt really good today! Just overall, my energy levels were high, my mood was good, and I just felt "sharp". That was nice! I think things are working. I KNOW they are, because even just going off sugar alone will help a person a lot in those ways. Anyhow, it's encouraging!

Welcome, Rebecca! You'll have to chat with Mamatoto on nursing and cleansing! :)

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2009, 07:03:43 PM »
Oooh, Jemima - those sound tasty!  Maybe I'll try making a batch of those for my Saturday treat tomorrow.  I don't have cocoa, but I'm sure carob would substitute just fine.  I'm so happy that your energy level was so good today!  I remember your super sleepy post during your no-sugar "intro week."  As far as your getaway weekend, the only thoughts that came to mind today were (1) pack a ton of acceptable snacks and treats so that you always have something on hand to munch on, and (2) allow yourself a reasonable number of cheats (maybe 2 or 4), but make those cheats something healthy.  For example, I love lattes  :-*, so if it was me I would cheat on a latte sweetened with a little bit of honey and topped with powdered cinnamon and nutmeg.  Or maybe I would order a gourmet salad at a restaurant and just not worry about the croutons, garbanzo beans, currants, apples, goat cheese, or whatever else it was filled with.  That way you feel like you're indulging during your special weekend, but wouldn't be taking in any sugar and setting yourself back too much (not to mention the possibility that you may have a hard time getting back on track if the candida in your body gets a taste of true sugar  :P).

Wendy- Good grief!  :o Who would have thought to put sugar in chicken?  I wouldn't worry about it, though.  An honest mistake and it sounds like you didn't overdo it, so...moving right along.  Glad your adjustment helped your migraine!  Any luck with a meal plan?

Rebecca- Hi and welcome!  My 9-month old DS is still nursing exclusively, except for coconut oil and cod liver oil.  I ran ShabbyChic's 40-day diet and supplements past our holistic pediatrician and she made one or two tweaks to the supplements, but otherwise gave us the go-ahead.  Actually, she encouraged it because DS has some yeast issues that need to be cleared up.  I'm not sure how much of this thread you've read, but may want to browse from Reply #241 on, as that's when Jemima revived this thread and I've posted a few things about our journey so far.  Here are a few things our pediatrician specifically wanted us to do:  I need to take 100 billion in acidophilis/bifidus probiotics each day.  I need to take 1,000mg DHA and 600 mg EPA each day.  I need to take my activated charcoal supplement (couldn't find diatomaceous earth) separate from any food or supplement, as it can absorb the good stuff as well as the bad stuff.  DS needs to take 1 dose baby bifidus probiotic each day.  (He's using Garden of Life Primal Defense Kids.)  DS needs to take 1 t cod liver oil each day.  (She recommended either Carlson's or Nordic Naturals for purity, and prefers Carlson's because it has more vitamin D.)  DS needs to take coconut oil each day.  (1T per year of age, so at 9 months DS is taking 2 t.)   For his yeast diaper rash, am supposed to apply a mixture of coconut oil, roman chamomile essential oil, and tea tree essential oil to the rash.  (We are staying with my brother's wife's parents right now and I'm too nervous about using gentian violet and staining someone else's bathroom.)  Also, be careful of the ingredients in any anti-candida supplement you are taking, as many contain herbs that decrease milk supply.  As far as I know, Candex and Garden of Life Fungal Defense are ok, but I'm sure there are others out there, too.

Well, today was Day 27.  Cold symptoms are down to almost non-existent  ;D Stomach cramping is gone during the day, but still there at night, so I'm still holding steady at 2 half doses of Fungal Defense and hope to be able to increase that tomorrow.  Felt really hungry all day today, and not sure why, since my meals haven't changed this week, and I actually added a 4th snack today.  But I remember reading somewhere in this thread that hunger can be a symptom of die-off, since the candida are fighting for their lives and trying to convince your body to eat things they want you to eat.  DS had trouble nursing today - kept pulling off and crying, so I'm guessing that I do in fact have a yeast infection in my nipples.  I tried to increase my water to 14 cups today, but I couldn't do it.  So I'll try again tomorrow.  I think I'll follow Jemima's suggestion and increase my raw garlic intake to 2 cloves with breakfast and 2 cloves with dinner.  I already increased my cooked garlic intake this week, but I know that raw garlic is significantly more potent, so I'll up that too.  And I've been meaning to do garlic poultices, but haven't gotten around to that, either, so will make a point of starting them tomorrow as well.  And finally, I weighed myself at the chiropractor and have lost 4 pounds since starting the cleanse.  :( I hope it's 4 pounds of junk from my colon or something else that I needed to get rid of.  My clothes are now all too big for me and (1) I can't afford to buy new clothes, and (2) they don't sell clothes any smaller than my current size of 00 (which is one size smaller than 0).  Oh, well.  I guess there are worse problems than too-big clothes.  :-\ Seems like our symptoms changed a lot this week - before they were all cold-like symptoms, but now they're kind of all over the place.  However, I will say that they're all manageable and none of them are too overwhelming.

I was planning on doing my nightly dry skin brush and hot bentonite clay bath as soon as I was done on the computer, but DS has been sleeping really restlessly so far tonight (as he did last night) and I'm sure he'd wake up while I was in the tub and couldn't hear him.  So I think I'll just try and meal-plan in earshot of him before crawling into bed with him myself.  I am wondering if he's feeling icky or something cleanse-related, since it's unusual for him to be up every 1 1/2 hours like he was last night.  Hopefully tonight will be more restful! 

I'd love to hear about anyone's meal plans, as it's good inspiration for me when I feel like I'm running out of ideas  ;) I probably won't check in again until Sunday night.  So best of luck to Jemima and Wendy this weekend!

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2009, 10:42:34 PM »
Chutney's are a great thing to have on hand because you make it up in a Quart mason jar and it's ready made salad to serve when you are, it's great with any meat.
Ratatouille  is a good anti-candida meal too.
Are you using dairy? if so I've a cheese sauce with Broth,Garlic, and Cream cheese, or you could just use Plain yogurt left to drain over night for the Cr cheese that goes well with broccoli, cauliflower, or I used it with Eggplant cut like Lasagna noodles layered with spinach and chicken it turned out well,like Chicken Alfredo.
Try this Ground meat, garlic, Bell pepper, and onion, with oregano,thyme, sage, and rosemary,all cooked then roll it in cabbage leaves and put diced tomatoes(watch ingr. on can for sugar or make your own) over them and cover, Bake till cabbage leaf is tender.
Dh is a Meat & veggies guy that always works just alternate meats and two veggies for every meal that's often simpler for me.
Another thing I love is to make a meat and see how many many meals I can change it up into like Roast beef 1. with carrots and "mashed Potatoes" (cauliflower)
2. Beef Enchiladas (using leaves instead of tortillas), and scraps end up as
3. Vegi-beef soup 
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
  • www.homeschoolblogger.com/rebeccahuff
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »

Rebecca- Hi and welcome!  My 9-month old DS is still nursing exclusively, except for coconut oil and cod liver oil.  I ran ShabbyChic's 40-day diet and supplements past our holistic pediatrician and she made one or two tweaks to the supplements, but otherwise gave us the go-ahead.  Actually, she encouraged it because DS has some yeast issues that need to be cleared up.  I'm not sure how much of this thread you've read, but may want to browse from Reply #241 on, as that's when Jemima revived this thread and I've posted a few things about our journey so far.  Here are a few things our pediatrician specifically wanted us to do:  I need to take 100 billion in acidophilis/bifidus probiotics each day.  I need to take 1,000mg DHA and 600 mg EPA each day.  I need to take my activated charcoal supplement (couldn't find diatomaceous earth) separate from any food or supplement, as it can absorb the good stuff as well as the bad stuff.  DS needs to take 1 dose baby bifidus probiotic each day.  (He's using Garden of Life Primal Defense Kids.)  DS needs to take 1 t cod liver oil each day.  (She recommended either Carlson's or Nordic Naturals for purity, and prefers Carlson's because it has more vitamin D.)  DS needs to take coconut oil each day.  (1T per year of age, so at 9 months DS is taking 2 t.)   For his yeast diaper rash, am supposed to apply a mixture of coconut oil, roman chamomile essential oil, and tea tree essential oil to the rash.  (We are staying with my brother's wife's parents right now and I'm too nervous about using gentian violet and staining someone else's bathroom.)  Also, be careful of the ingredients in any anti-candida supplement you are taking, as many contain herbs that decrease milk supply.  As far as I know, Candex and Garden of Life Fungal Defense are ok, but I'm sure there are others out there, too.

Thanks for all this great information. It seems overwhelming all the things there are to read about it.  My dd is 8 months old.  I really want to succeed because the entire family is going to do this at once and I don't want it to be a waste of effort.  We have so many yeast related problems, everyone from my dh down to my toddler. I haven't seen any problems in my 8 month old.  We're all reading all the posts! I hope I can be as dedicated as you all are! I know my children are going to miss homemade bread and honey!

Offline linemansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »
I am also planning on starting an anti-yeast regimen on Monday.  I am currently nursing my 15mo dd, and am hoping to get pregnant again in the next few months.  I would first like to get rid of the yeast once and for all............ we will see.  This isn't my first time down this road, but I don't think I tried long and hard enough last time.  It is seems so much harder since I have been continually pregnant and/or nursing for the last 9 1/2 years.  I will probably be in the same boat for several more years, so waiting to not be pregnant and nursing just isn't an option.  Shabby sharing her regimen was very helpful.  I used to be on WTM quite a bit, but since dd #4 has arrived life just hasn't slowed down.  I dropped in and saw Shabby's thread and it gave me the nudge in the right direction that I needed!

The rest of my family will be joining me on my diet the day after Easter.  We have company coming this week and they will be here for a week and a half, so it would just be too hard to get everyone started until they are gone.  I am still trying to decide whether to make my 15mo start with me or wait for everyone else.  She has dry scaly patches on her cheeks that I am pretty sure are yeast related.

I am looking forward to getting started again and am glad that I will have the support here to help me keep on going!
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.    Galatians 6:9

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2009, 03:09:27 AM »
Well, hello everyone...  Starting off a new week here!  :)

I have to start by confessing: I did terrible this weekend. Yesterday was the worst, I guess I didn't do too bad on Saturday. Maybe the yeast was dying and I was getting cravings from that - but I just wanted some good tasting food! Not necessarily junk food, but for example, the rest of the family had bbq chicken on homemade buns, with chips and baked beans... Yum! I wanted some so bad, but ate my spinach salad with chicken on top. It was good, but I was just getting sick of veggies.  And then we had some awesome fresh fruit in the house - and I love fruit! Honeydew melon for everyone else for breakfast, and I couldn't resist sneaking a few chunks! Then, the worst, was that I had small handful of c. chips later in the day!  :-[  :-X :'(
Ok, rebuke me severely. I did feel guilty. 

I'm back on track this morning, and feeling great, except for a little tickle in my chest - but there's a nasty bug going around, and I'm thinking it may be the start of that. Hoping I don't get it!

So, how did the rest of you do?

Welcome, linemansgirl!

I gotta run right now... Have a good day!