Author Topic: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement  (Read 342013 times)

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
Re: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2008, 10:07:20 AM »
has anyone whose nursing noticed more clogged ducts due to the large intake of coconut oil? I've been doing my own cleanse and have been doing about 2T of coconut oil and my ducts are plugging up like crazy...I am prone to breast infections though (none has turned to an infection thank God..the 3 fresh cloves of garlic I'm eating probably is helping as well. :)) so I didn't know if it was the coconut oil or just something else. Its not mastitis, just a clog, the skin grows over the opening and backs up until I pop it with a needle. 

Sounds like something similar to breaking out with acne while doing a cleanse. Probably has more to do with the cleansing than the coconut oil, IMO. Just my .02 on it though.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »
Can I join the cleanse?  I did a yeast cleanse before and did not stick with it.  The die off was really not too bad, but I made the mistake of not getting all of the sugar out of the house.  I printed off some of the articles from Bea's and will read them tonight.   

Jammie
Mrs. P

YoopreMama

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
"The more the merrier", right?  :D

Or is it "Misery loves company"?  ;D

Welcome aboard, Jammie!   ;)

Tomorrow begins week 2; I'm dropping dairy.

:'(  :'(  :'(

Haven't experienced clogged ducts (yet)...interesting...thanks for the info!  :)

1st week summary:

Baby's been a bit fussier at times (teething?), but also extremely happier...he's been passing more gas, but otherwise seems fine.

I'm really not suffering any ill effects (yet).  I upped my Vitamin C (was 500 mg), to be closer to her recommended 4000 mg.   :o  I think I've lost a couple of pounds--we'll see in the AM.  Energy and clarity of mind are pretty good.  Skin is improving, I think.

Looking forward to hearing from you all tomorrow.  Good night!  :-*

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »
Thanks...off to read about it...maybe I can start this weekend.

Jammie
Mrs. P

YoopreMama

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2008, 05:57:35 AM »
Role call!  ;D

Jemima?
Briana?   ;D
AM25?
4myhoonie?
Jenny?
Herbalmom?
Jammie?
InEverything?  ;D
Lurkers?

:D

Well, this begins week 2 for me/many of us...I'm dropping dairy effective today...I may weaken, and go every other day/once in awhile, but will try not to. 

It's not been bad at all, thus far.  I did lose 2-3 pounds.  :)

Had One Night in Bangkok for lunch (MIL creation).  Our variation has wild rice, a few GF bread crumbs, turkey, gravy and corn in a 9 x 13 heated up. 

Mmmm...also picked up my favorite Rice Chips--Sesame and Seaweed.  I know I won't be able to enjoy them much longer.  I ate the serving size (a whole 10 chips), and will ration them out this weekend.  Turkey Jerky was a good snack yesterday.

Cooking a roast tonight...so I can have HASH for breakfast!  ;D  Making LOTS of bone broth from the turkey (most of it's frozen)...had a quinoa/turkey/vegetable soup yesterday.

Have a PG Mama pampering tonight...lots of goodies I'll have to pass on, but will have chips, carrots and hummus.  ;D

Hope you are all well!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:31:57 AM by Yooper »

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »
Role call!  ;D

Jemima?
Briana?
AM25?
4myhoonie?
Jenny?
Herbalmom?
Jammie?
InEverything?
Lurkers?

Hello, I am here.  I am sort of a lurker since I am not nursing and am doing the Maker's Diet.  I am still loving the "no sugar" way of eating...my moods are more even.  My skin is clear and I don't have itchy feet at night (yeast symptom?)
I am taking a garlic clove a day (one benefit is that I am more regular!)  I am eating more fat and also taking acerola powder for more Vitamin C.  I felt a cold coming on earlier in the week and then it went away! If I would have been eating sugar I would have been a goner.  I am still cheering for all of the ladies.
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »
I'm still here.  Getting a little frustrated with eating enough.  I'm really trying to keep my fat level high but it seems like my body doesn't want to run on fat over carbs and protein.  I'm doing some reading to see how long it should take for my body to burn fat as a main source of energy. 

I ate a piece of cheese on my burger at lunch.   :o  I was doing so well too. 

Briana

YoopreMama

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
IE--Post away  ;D  Not everyone's nursing or on this specific diet..there are enough things in common that we're not gonna' kick you out.   ;)  What good benefits you are seeing already!

Briana--One piece of cheese...that's all right!  Let us know what you find out...I'm hoping you can get satisfied and have enough energy...

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »
So some people are on the maker's diet?  And others are on the one on the Bee's website...are there others on a different diet?   I'm trying to decide where to start.  I have food allergies, a ring worm that is huge, lots of eczema, tend to be tired, foggy thinking, and now arthritic type of pain in my left hand...I'm hoping that it is all connected to a candida overgrowth.  However, I'm not starting tonight because we are having Chocolate Delight for dessert. yum...

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »
I am also going to start, I have had athletes foot for nearly 3 years and I have foggy thinking plus quite a few other symptoms. I took the test recommended on the link on the first page of this thread and I had a score of 188 which was only 33% but I think I have a higher amount of candida. I also have been married for 2 years eat healthy and have been unable to lose weight or get pregant.

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »
You'd think I worked for Dr. Schulze or sold his products by the way I always recommend them but I don't ! I just had to say that I had always struggled with Candida as well, and done many diets, etc and after doing his 5 day bowel cleanse my Candida was GONE. It was really so easy, I just wish I'd known about it years ago! I have tried Clarkia and some other Candida cleanses from the local health food store, as well as eliminating sugar, but NOTHING even compared to the cleanse I did. His products are so potent and the cleanse rids you of chemicals, toxins, heavy metals, kills parasites, and kills candida. So it does it all!
    Just thought I'd share that here - you gals all work so hard that if you added this to your diet you would no doubt get the results you wanted!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »
You may want to go thru the stages in the introductory diet at the GAPS webite.

http://gapsdiet.com/INTRODUCTION_DIET.html

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2008, 04:00:04 AM »
Hi All,

I've been reading the Bee's Candida site and have a few questions.  I'll probably spend this week getting supplies and emptying my pantry of no-nos.  DH has decided to diet with me. That will make it so much easier.  Ok, I'm curious about the flavors of:
electrolyte drink
egg drink
Pau d'arco tea

How long are you all taking to get sugars out of your diet?  Are you spending a week on step one or a few days?

I was also confused if squash is a no-no...I thought summer squash was low carb, but maybe it feeds yeast???

Jammie
Mrs. P

YoopreMama

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2008, 05:08:18 AM »
The initial post for the thread welcomes all--most are on some anti-yeast diet (like Bea's) or the MD.  ;)  We all just want to get rid of yeast, I think.   :D  Those are about the main two plans, although everyone has a slight variation.  We're sharing meal plans, answering each others' questions, and providing accountability and support. 

So...welcome, ALaskaHerb Girl!  Sounds like this could help you...   :)

Thanks for the support and info, Rikki and WR!   :-*  WR, may we PM you re: your recent cleanse and detox?   ;D

... OK, I'm curious about the flavors of:

electrolyte drink
egg drink
Pau d'arco tea

How long are you all taking to get sugars out of your diet?  Are you spending a week on step one or a few days?

I was also confused if squash is a no-no...I thought summer squash was low carb, but maybe it feeds yeast???

Jammie--Glad you can join us, and have support from your husband.  :)  How was your Chocolate Delight?  ;D

I haven't make the electrolyte drink.  I'm drinking lemon in water and upping salt on food.  Not sure if it's critical to get the salt w/ the lemon and water...I think the combo is good for you...anyone else?  Briana's the real taste-tester.  ;)

I thought Pau d'Arco was root beerish.  Haven't had it in awhile.  I think HB had a good brew once...maybe w/ mint?  ???

I've made the egg drink raw w/ milk--yum.  Made it w/ coconut milk and water.   :P  Not looking forward to it, but... :-\  Maybe I shouldn't have added water.

We took a week to go off of sugars and fruit, but I had started weaning off of them before that.  Yesterday started "Week 2", w/ dropping dairy.  Every 4-5 days I go up on EVCO and garlic cloves.  On 2t/cloves day now, but going up to 3 tomorrow, I think.

From the no-nos list: 
12.   All squash, except zucchini, spaghetti and Summer squash.
So those are the ones to eat.   :)

Had roast beef for breakfast.  :)  Making the buckwheat pancakes tonight.  Hope your trip's going well, Jemima.  :o

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2008, 05:23:10 AM »
Hi Jammie! I'm trying the egg drink this am so will let you know what the fam and I think. Haven't tried the other two yet.

Wanted to let you all know that avacoadoes have been added to Bee's list of foods that are allowed!!!

I've been lurking on Bee's yahoo group and have found some great info. Two cups of her bone broth recipe provide enough cal/mag to replace the supplements she suggests. Also "to replace Vitamin B complex, take 1 tbl. of NutritionalYeast "Flakes" in water twice a day (ensure it is the Flakes), or eat 6 ounces of lightly cooked red meat liver 2 times a week, but you'll need 50 mg Niacin (B3) also." Also, this post really helped me figure out how long I should be doing this for.   

> Hi Bee and Marissa! I finally got a chance to get back on the group
> site and I just wanted to say thanks so much for your help and
> answering all of my questions.
> If you don't mind, I have a few more regarding the thyroid. I've
> read in the files that it take 3-6 months to eliminate candida and I
> was wondering, when it's finally all gone, can I expect for my
> Hashi's to go away or is that something that requires being on the
> diet long term? If long term, does it have to be the complete
> stripped down version or can I add back in the high carb vegetables
> and brown rice?

+++Hi Linda. I've never written that it takes 3-6 months to
eliminate candida. First, candida cannot be eliminated,
i.e. "killing it off" or "trying to get rid of it." It doesn't work
that way. Candida is only cured by building up the immune system so
it becomes strong enough to "make" candida "change back" into the
friendly organism it is supposed to be. That requires proper
nutrients (diet plus supplements), eliminating foods and toxins that
feed candida, and eliminating toxins in general.

+++I also write that it takes 1 month of natural healing for every
year you've been unhealthy, which for most people nowadays is since
before they were born.

+++Natural healing starts once you are completely on the diet and
taking all of the supplements, including no high carb foods, grains
like rice, etc. When you have added the last step of my program,
which is probiotics, and you do not have severe die-off symptoms and
no symptoms you had when candida was raging for at least 2 months,
you may start adding foods
one at a time.

> Also, is curing my Hashi's something I can even hope for considering
> my thyroid has been so damaged. I read that some people have
> been able to stop the attacks on their thyroid however had to remain
> on the meds because their thyroid was completely destroyed in the
> mean time.

+++If you have any of your thyroid left it is capable of regenerating
when proper nutrients are able to get into the cells. It would be
extremely unlikely the thyroid would be destroyed, unless they person
had excessive radiation or radioactive iodine treatments.

> Are there others in the group that had Hashimoto's and cured it and
> no longer had to take meds?

+++Many people have had their thyroid normalize - search thyroid in
the Success Stories:
http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/success/index.php

+++There may be many others that I haven't kept track of all of them,
nor posted their successes. Searching our Message Archives might get
some.

+++The only way to cure anything is to follow Nature's Laws regarding
health, which means obtaining "proper nutrients" so the body can heal
itself naturally. As you can see from the Success Stories miracles
have happened to many people on this program, even beyond my
expectations.

+++According to Dr. Weston A. Price proper nutrients change
DNA/genes, which he proved and wrote about in his book Nutrition and
Physical Degeneration:
http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/resource/amazon.php

Bee

I suggest reading the testimonials on Bee's site. They are amazing!

Yooper I read somewhere from Bee that you need to be taking at least 1 tsp. of sea salt a day to provide the neccessary nutrients for healing.

Gotta Go!
Jenny
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:56:11 PM by mommyjen »
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »
Okay, I made the egg drink and it was fine. Smell weird though. I didn't have nutmeg and could have added a bit more stevia but otherwise followed the recipe as is. I added two pinches of ground whole leaf (green). My five year old said it tastes like gravy.  :D

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2008, 06:14:23 AM »
p.s. I bet this drink would be good with bone broth instead of water and maybe drop the spices and stevia as a variation? I'll have to give that a try.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2008, 09:09:43 AM »
WR, may we PM you re: your recent cleanse and detox?   ;D

Recent? I'm still on it (and so discouraged).  :'(

But if anyone wants to know what it's like to have a bad detox reaction, ask away.  :D

Pau d'Arco tea (homemade by just boiling the bark) tastes like water that was filtered thru garden soil. Ok, I know that sounds nasty but it really isn't. Honest! It just has an "earthy" flavor and otherwise tastes like water. I guess you could sweeten it, although I never have. I never felt it needed it, it was like drinking water so I figured it would taste like stevia water  :P. But I have added the already made tea to other, tastier teas (that were then sweetened) and it didn't seem to change the taste of the tasty tea. So if you're iffy about it just add it to a tea you like.

Oh, and the only warnings that i have seen about Pau d'Arco when nursing or pregnant were because of detox or die-off symtoms. If you take it slow, and do other things to help with any die-off, then I believe it is as safe to use as garlic.

WR
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:04:53 PM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2008, 03:43:45 PM »
Hey everyone,
I'm adding back dairy.  So I guess I'm out.  I think I need to focus on eating enough before I try this.  It has been really hard this last week to focus on anything besides food.  I'm still going to stay off of grains and sugar.  That is more of a lifestyle choice that I made a few years ago though.  I hope the rest of you do well and see your symptoms resolve soon!  Briana

YoopreMama

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
That's totally understandable, Briana...of course you have to do what's best for you and your family.   :-*

Keep us posted...staying away from sugars and grains is no small thing, and we'd like to encourage you.  :)

Jenny--Thanks for all of the helpful info!   :-*  Going to check out her Yahoo! group...

I think I get my salt and nutritional yeast flake supply on popcorn...for now.   ;)  Good to know WHY we have it.  I've been making bone broths like crazy and eating seed grains w/ lots of calcium. 

I will check out the testimonials...it's also good to have a gauge to know how long to be on this, once we're at the maintenance level.  I wonder how much I've helped things along w/ TA in the past, being GF, and doing a Master Cleanse?  Plus a few years of Herbal Fiberblend should have cleaned me out some.   :D  Otherwise, I'm looking at 3+ YEARS of this!   :o :o :o
..Wanted to let you all know that avocados have been added to Bee's list of foods that are allowed!!!

I've been lurking on Bee's yahoo group and have found some great info. Two cups of her bone broth recipe provide enough cal/mag to replace the supplements she suggests. Also "to replace Vitamin B complex, take 1 tbl. of Nutritional Yeast "Flakes" in water twice a day (ensure it is the Flakes), or eat 6 ounces of lightly cooked red meat liver 2 times a week, but you'll need 50 mg Niacin (B3) also." Also, this post really helped me figure out how long I should be doing this for.   

...Hi Linda. I've never written that it takes 3-6 months to
eliminate candida. First, candida cannot be eliminated,
i.e. "killing it off" or "trying to get rid of it." It doesn't work
that way. Candida is only cured by building up the immune system so
it becomes strong enough to "make" candida "change back" into the
friendly organism it is supposed to be. That requires proper
nutrients (diet plus supplements), eliminating foods and toxins that
feed candida, and eliminating toxins in general.

I also write that it takes 1 month of natural healing for every
year you've been unhealthy, which for most people nowadays is since
before they were born.

Natural healing starts once you are completely on the diet and
taking all of the supplements, including no high carb foods, grains
like rice, etc. When you have added the last step of my program,
which is probiotics, and you do not have severe die-off symptoms and
no symptoms you had when candida was raging for at least 2 months,
you may start adding foods one at a time.

I suggest reading the testimonials on Bee's site. They are amazing!

Yooper, I read somewhere from Bee that you need to be taking at least 1 tsp. of sea salt a day to provide the necessary nutrients for healing.

Okay, I made the egg drink and it was fine. Smell weird though. I didn't have nutmeg and could have added a bit more stevia but otherwise followed the recipe as is. I added two pinches of ground whole leaf (green). My five year old said it tastes like gravy.  :D
:D :D :D
I like gravy.   ;D

p.s. I bet this drink would be good with bone broth instead of water and maybe drop the spices and stevia as a variation? I'll have to give that a try.
You have a wonderful imagination!  :D

WR--I got caught up on your blog...I'm sorry for your long, arduous process.  :-*  I hope we can encourage you here.  :)  Thanks for the info on Pau d'Arco.

Day 2 w/o dairy...little grumpier...slight headache...and eating more grains (1st piece of bread in over a week or 2...some rice chips).  The pancakes were bland, even w/ blueberries, cinnamon and stevia.  Maybe unadulterated, they'd be a good "bread" for sandwiches  [what was I expecting?].  ::)

Good night, all!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 04:30:56 PM by Yooper »

Offline Dixiemom

• Adept
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2008, 03:40:36 AM »
Well, I've started today.

I am trying to cut out all sugar/refined flour this week.  I am also cutting out sweet fruits.  I may cave and eat a sour apple or grapefruit, but I am going to try to stay away from fruits all together.

I am trying to limit dairy this week and am going to cut it out all together next week.

This morning, I have had a cup of coffee with a small splash of milk and a handful of almonds.  I am thinking about creating a fabulous salad with buffalo chicken, chopped red onion, and green pepper.  I may even throw on some hard boiled egg.

I am trying to focus on the good things that I CAN eat instead of obsessing about what I am giving up.  I hope that works. . . .

I also hope that my headaches start to get better.  I have had them every day for about two weeks.  Not fun.  I know that when I did this in the past, I had a very rough first week, but then started to feel better.  I hope that I don't have major die-off symptoms this time, because I am trying to do this more gradually. 

Have a great day everyone!!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2008, 07:41:51 AM »
Hi, Dixie!   :)  I hope this week goes well for you.  I feel better not sending it on to baby, too.  Have you seen the fake cream recipe?

Dairy's a hard one for me, but I'm on Day 4 w/o it.  I'm still here.   :D  I almost caved and had some milk w/ my pancakes this morning, but I'm the type of person that is likely to keep caving after the 1st time. 

I DID have some Concord grapes w/ seeds yesterday--my 1st fruit (sans blueberries) in a long time.  I was out at my folks' and I usually eat many bad things there.   ::)  The grapes are available once a year, and I figured the grape seeds were good medicine.  ;)  Rationalize, rationalize....

Had some canned baked beans today w/ chicken dogs...a bit of sugar in them...hope I'm not on a slippery slope here.   :(  Had delicious chicken yesterday w/ peas and some rare steak fries (they're going the way of dairy next week). 

Focusing on the good things helps...what you mentioned sounds SO good!  I'm going to have a similar salad tonight!  Now to perfect salad dressing...

I hope this first week isn't too rough for you.  Make it as slow as you need to...

I'm surprised I haven't had more headaches.  I've been so thirsty lately and drinking lots, so that must help.

Offline southmom2k

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2008, 08:08:54 AM »
I am interested in the fake cream...She says not to use Knox Gelatine. Does anyone know why??

Want to SAVE $5 on your first order at iherb.com??
Enter KAN020 at checkout!

Check out my etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/southmom3kids

YoopreMama

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2008, 08:27:22 AM »
I am interested in the fake cream...She says not to use Knox Gelatine. Does anyone know why??
I imagine there's something it that's off limits...do you have the ingredients handy?  Maybe her Yahoo! group has it...you could scan the posts..

I forgot to mention I made my GF pancakes (buckwheat and millet) w/o milk.  Better than the buckwheat ones from the other recipe.   :P  The recipe is on the GFCF thread or the cookbook breakfast fare thread...just put water in instead of milk.  And of course, my blueberries.  Sigh...will I ever get off of them?

Meatballs tonight...stuffed peppers w/ quinoa instead of rice on the menu for this week...egg salad in a tomato or pepper or on celery...or on those plain pancakes.  More chicken...salads...

Skin is clearing up more, except my neck...

Baby is fine...he's rolling now.  :D

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »
I thought gelatin had msg in another coded word...I could be wrong though maybe it was jello

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »
kay ladies, I was doing propilis and it just about killed my milk supply. took rrl and its back ptl, i was stressing, and the coconut oil is definately causing clogged ducts, but I'm talking 3 to 4 Tbs at ONE time in a shake!  can you use coconut milk for cream?

Offline southmom2k

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2008, 08:37:58 AM »
The ingredients list says: gelatin...that is it...
Want to SAVE $5 on your first order at iherb.com??
Enter KAN020 at checkout!

Check out my etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/southmom3kids

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2008, 08:57:10 AM »
Well, I'm back. 

It was a wonderful trip, except for the food. :) :-[ I lost all the ground in good eating that I had gained. :-[  But what do you do when breakfast is caramel rolls and orange juice?? :o  I never said anything about being on a diet, because, well, I just didn't feel like I could add that to her plate, so to speak, even if I took care of my own food. 

The saddest part is, I don't know if I'm going to make it back on again.  I think I'm going to keep staying off sugar, but I think I'll keep fruit. I may go dairy-free for a week, just for a little experiment since I've never gone off of it before. I'll definitely be eating a lot healthier than before - no eating junk just cause it's there, etc.

I'm going to keep taking garlic, CO, and CLO to try keep the yeast at bay, anyways.  ;D

I guess part of the reason I'm not going back as strict as I was, is I just don't feel like I was eating enough for my nursing daughter.  I'm sure it can be done - Yooper, you seem to be keeping up an ample and varied diet to provide for your baby - but I have a hard time getting it all together to keep myself from running on "E" and feeling like baby is not getting something she should.

I plan to do a more intense, perhaps shorter, yeast cleanse when I wean. I just feel more comfortable doing it then.

I'll still be following all of you's progress, though! And maybe pop in here and there to cheer you on! :)  I expect to be "needing" this thread sometime next spring/early summer, (when baby is weaned). 

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2008, 09:57:44 AM »
Well, I'm back. 

It was a wonderful trip, except for the food. :) :-[ I lost all the ground in good eating that I had gained. :-[  But what do you do when breakfast is caramel rolls and orange juice?? :o  I never said anything about being on a diet, because, well, I just didn't feel like I could add that to her plate, so to speak, even if I took care of my own food. 

The saddest part is, I don't know if I'm going to make it back on again.  I think I'm going to keep staying off sugar, but I think I'll keep fruit. I may go dairy-free for a week, just for a little experiment since I've never gone off of it before. I'll definitely be eating a lot healthier than before - no eating junk just cause it's there, etc.

I'm going to keep taking garlic, CO, and CLO to try keep the yeast at bay, anyways.  ;D

I guess part of the reason I'm not going back as strict as I was, is I just don't feel like I was eating enough for my nursing daughter.  I'm sure it can be done - Yooper, you seem to be keeping up an ample and varied diet to provide for your baby - but I have a hard time getting it all together to keep myself from running on "E" and feeling like baby is not getting something she should.

I plan to do a more intense, perhaps shorter, yeast cleanse when I wean. I just feel more comfortable doing it then.

I'll still be following all of you's progress, though! And maybe pop in here and there to cheer you on! :)  I expect to be "needing" this thread sometime next spring/early summer, (when baby is weaned). 

It sounds like you did the right thing by not burdening your hostess,  I have been in that situation soooo many times.  Sugar seems like the easiest, most politically correct thing to avoid!  You would be doing very well to avoid it as much as possible.
In the Maker's Diet Phase 3, or forever  ;), he recommends staying away from sugar, raw honey is okay, and all processed food.  Sourdough or sprouted bread is okay.  Maybe you can do sourdough??  
Also, maybe you can focus on eating more good fats.  At least this may keep the carb intake lower.   Put lots of butter on your bread or pasta or rice (if you decide to indulge). I have read that this helps you to digest the carbs.
The garlic and co and clo sound great.  Any improvement you make is wonderful!  I wish I would've avoided sugar when I was pregnant and nursing. Lord willing maybe I will get the chance someday!  :) :)
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

YoopreMama

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2008, 10:00:42 AM »
chrissyjoy--Thanks for being the trailblazer in clogged ducts!  :D  I'll tuck that info away for future reference.  ;)  I'm using canned coconut milk a bit (nothing added)...I don't think the strictest plan includes it (she has a recipe for making some), but we're not all following it to the "T" due to the nursing.  She does address a bit of nursing while on this plan on her Yahoo! group.  That's a lot of EVCO for one serving.   :o

Found this on Knox:

Even though gelatin is a common food, it may pose a problem for some people. The proline and glycine in gelatin can make certain bacteria and yeast healthy. Also, too much proline could deactivate coenzyme B6. For this reason, if one is not used to gelatin in the diet, it would be best to start with a small amount, take it on an empty stomach, and observe your reactions carefully. Slowly allow your body time to get used to more gelatin in the diet.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip, Jemima!   Sounds like you put others before yourself...nothing wrong with that.  :)  Even just getting rid of sugar is fabulous and I'm curious to see you do w/o dairy, if you decide to.  The garlic, CO and CLO will still be excellent for overall health, too. 

My boy is 18 pounds at least, and seems to be doing well.  ;D  If I thought I'd be weaning anytime soon, I'd probably wait and do something later, too, but my last one nursed 'til he was almost 3.  THAT'S when/why? I did the Master Cleanse.  ::)

I see IE just posted some good stuff.  Amen!   :D