Author Topic: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement  (Read 267665 times)

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
Re: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2008, 03:45:20 AM »
Wow MBHG, I am so impressed with you getting the whole family cleansing. I am hoping to do this with our precious kiddos too at some point.

For the female stuff, a warm water douche with 1-2 Tbsp vinegar might help.

PJ, you crack me up. Eating the whole batch of buckwheat crackers sounds like something I would do..."because they're good for me"... :D!

Offline MommabyHisgrace

• Adept
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
Wow MBHG, I am so impressed with you getting the whole family cleansing. I am hoping to do this with our precious kiddos too at some point.

Just for the record I couldn't get DH to follow through with it.  He lasted about 4 days--almost vomitted 3 days in a row and decided on day 4 that he was done with it.  Makes me think he needs it as much as any of us!  :-\  He still eats most meals with us and has had a pretty good attitude about it :)!

Thanks for the advice about the ACV--might try that tomorrow!

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2008, 05:14:16 AM »
Just for the record I couldn't get DH to follow through with it. 
All in God's time :)...

Although I've never commented, I have been inspired by and have contemplated frequently the following by Alaska Herb Girl...

so the only thing I have been doing is praying, I have not eliminated or cut down on anything. When I first saw my sympoms come back I thought God wasn't healing me, and so I was really dissapointed and almost stopped praying about it, but then I thought ya know He's a God of miracles He can heal me! So I kept on praying and the fact that this month is a lot different is giving me hope!
What this really brings home for me is that our Creator does not need us to do anything special in order to heal us or give us His grace. By our faith are we healed.
I don't know what your diet is like Alaska Herb Girl's because you didn't say. But I do know that God has given you the wisdom to eat in the way that is right for you.
Thank you for sharing your healing and hope.

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #213 on: December 24, 2008, 11:10:17 AM »
can these be made into meringue cookies? the crispy light ones? looking for a sugarless version for my mom and grandma.

Meringue Drops submitted by milmuth
GF/CF, soy & nut free

3 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
honey to taste, ~ 2 Tbs.
1c. dried fruit, chopped (I used half apricots and half dates)

Place egg whites, vanilla, and honey in mixer.  Mix on high until stiff.  Fold in dried fruit.

Drop into greased muffin tins (to help keep shape; possibly not needed to be muffin tin) about 1/3 to 1/2 full Bake at 300 for 15-20 min.  Allow to cool slowly. 

I stored in fridge.  They are a little messy, but a good treat instead of cookies or marshmallows or such for those who can have eggs.

And Lovin', you are doing a variety of small steps that are going to add up to better health.  Thank you for your prayers!  :-*

[/quote]

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2008, 05:39:29 AM »
 I wanted to chime in that I'm still on the diet...although I have switched to phase one of the Maker's Diet.  I had a major setback a week ago.  It started with Hubby's work Christmas party.   I enjoyed it all from the Beef Wellington appetizers and their crispy phyllo dough to the rich cheesecake with lots of sugar and dairy for dessert.  I was good and had decaf coffee though. ;D  Anyway, at that point my eczema on my eye lids that has been present for 20 years was almost completely healed.  My skin was looking so good and then the next day I had a turkey sandwich, sugar cookies and whatever else I could find that was not on the diet...lol. I felt like I was back to square one.  So now I'm doing better and seeing improvement in my eczema after not eating any wheat, dairy, etc. 

Here are the supplements I'm taking now:
4 CLO tablets a day (2500 vit A per tab)
2 B Complex vitamins
4,000 mg. vit. C
2-3 T. of coconut oil (more than 3 T. results in die off)
2-3 T. butter
just finished a bottle of yeast defense

I have been drinking a lot of e-Immune tea from bulk herb store...it is sooo yummy!  I'm hoping it is beneficial to drink since it supports the immune system.

How did everyone else do through the holidays?
Mrs. P

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2008, 06:11:42 AM »
1. I was good and had decaf coffee though. ;D

2. How did everyone else do through the holidays?

1. LOL, Love it!

2. Not too bad really. But that's just me. I have been eating no sugar for so long that it's pretty much second nature. Had a piece of WW Cinnamon Bread from a local bakery yesterday...it was delicious :)!
And I have been eating persimmons that my parents brought from their tree (kind of like eating candy they're so sweet).

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2008, 09:09:49 AM »
Any professional yeast cleansers wanna answer my silly questions? lol  I have a list of foods that we need to avoid and a list of foods that are fine.  What I don't understand is why so many different sources(internet, books, etc.) say one food is fine and another is not. It seems like they all disagree with what is safe to eat.
The list I have says no to coffee and tea.  I am assuming it is saying that because of the fermentation process?  But it says that raw apple cider vinegar is okay. 
This diet is really confusing!  :-\

YoopreMama

« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:39 AM »
Ah, HinOH.... ;D  Welcome to the confusing world of anti-candida diets!    :D

I've seen coffee kept off b/c the person thought caffeine was bad...not sure how it impacts candida.  There could be some fillers in commercial teas that the yeast could feed off of...straight herbal teas, I thought, were OK.

ACV is controversial...some say any fermented products are bad...other say some can tolerate them.   ::)  I thought that overall, ACV was OK.

I don't think minor "errors"/cheating will impact the big picture, really.  S. boulardii is supposed to help w/ yeast.

I am going to be heading over the the GAPS thread b/c I have more than yeast issues w/ a history of antibiotics for a month at birth for e. coli spinal meningitis, formula, vaccinations, and now I find out, phenobarbital (!).   :o  :(  Got some more healing to do... ;)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »
Alright, if Yooper says I can consume it, it must be okay! lol 
I am just so black and white, avoided it or not, follow everything to a "T" but it seems as if that may be impossible.  So, we are gonna do the best we can, I guess.  Thanks!  ;)

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »
Hello Healthy in Ohio--
I was wanting to comment on another post where you mentioned honey. The Maker's Diet says that a little raw honey is okay as well.  Isn't that great?!

I have fallen off the Maker's Diet personally and the reason is that Bragg's ACV has helped me tremendously!  All of my symptoms have gone away, mainly blood sugar problems.  I take a little in water with every meal.  It takes away the drop in blood sugars.   I have read elsewhere that it helps with candida.  Now on the flipside,  maybe if someone is sensitive to yeast it would be a different story.  Maybe my symptoms were not due to candida??  I think each person needs to see what they can handle.
God Bless
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2008, 05:44:56 AM »
The reason Bee doesn't allow coffee and tea is the caffeine.  Her theory is that the stimulant in caffeine makes the process of your body healing take longer...at least that's what I got out of what I read.  I didn't read anywhere that it feeds yeast, just that it is bad for your overall health.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/mn5.php 

She does say you can have swiss process decaf coffee.  Her diet is really more about healing than cleansing.  You don't eat various things to heal your gutas well as starve the yeast.  I know that now that as I'm trying to up the coconut oil, I find that I have die off again, so I think I still have yeast issues.  I'm doing the phase 1 maker's diet, but with Bee's supplement list.  So far my arthritis in my fingers/thumbs appears to be gone.  Still trying to find relief from the eczema.
Mrs. P

Offline elbereth

• Learning
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2009, 06:28:42 PM »
I am starting a anti candida diet with the candida cleanse pack from beeyoutiful.  Just had a question...  How do you take the supplements, I mean, is it okay to take them all at once, like, together?  Does the yeast assassin harm the Ultra defense or tummy tuneup?

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2009, 04:20:40 AM »
     Another point of perspective about coffee. In "Feast Without Yeast", Bruce Semon has patients exclude coffee from the diet because it is FERMENTED as part of the processing.  He places a huge emphasis on avoiding all fermented products to heal yeast overgrowth. There is another thread devoted to this topic but I will just say here that although I and many yeast sufferers do OK with some fermented items in the diet, I believe there are those who are sensitive to either the microbes themselves or to chemicals produced by them who absolutely must avoid fermented foods or at least certain ones.
     That being said, I CANNOT drink coffee. It really whacks out my system and it does worsen yeast for me. And I quickly develop an addiction where I have to have more and more to get the same effect. I CAN, however, drink black tea without impunity (well I am a little addicted to the caffeine, but it is a stable addiction ;)). And I can drink more one day and less the next without noticing any difference. I usually drink 1 C per day, sometimes only 1/2, generally not more than 2.
     Chocolate is also on Semon's no-no list for fermented. I don't have TOO big a problem with chocolate but rarely consume small amounts now. (DH commented he didn't think it was good for me [personality-wise ::)]
     I think the bottom line is that the diet has to be individualized through prayer and experimentation base on each one's tolerance and sensitivity.

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2009, 04:24:49 AM »
I am starting a anti candida diet with the candida cleanse pack from beeyoutiful.  Just had a question...  How do you take the supplements, I mean, is it okay to take them all at once, like, together?  Does the yeast assassin harm the Ultra defense or tummy tuneup?
     You can take them together. As far as I know the anti-yeast herbs are harmless to the probiotics. And if I remember correctly YA has FOS in it which is good for the beneficial bacteria.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2009, 09:34:54 AM »
I've been taking my supplements 2 times a day.  I take cod liver oil, vit. c and B complex vitamins in morning and CLO, vit. C and Yeast defense in the evening.  Just finished my yeast defense bottle and need to get another one.  I have not yet started probiotics because I was following the Bee plan which starts the probiotics last.  I looked at her supplement list and (it is rather lengthy) she has you spreading out the supplements throughout the day.  I'm going to add vitamin E to my supplement list this week and start a new bottle of yeast defense.  I also have been slacking on the coconut oil and garlic.  I'm sort of doing the "Jammie version" of this diet...lol...I think you just have to find what works for you. 
Mrs. P

Offline elbereth

• Learning
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2009, 10:39:56 AM »
Thanks for replying... I do have one more question.  I have been on the supplements (doubling up like Rebecca A. recommended somewhere) also coconut oil and extra garlic and lots of water etc..,   and a very strict- super-low carb/no cheese/no caffeine/nothing fermented, etc... and besides feeling a bit tired and a slight headache on day two there have been no real side effects.  I know that I have a major yeast problem, because I have rheumatoid arthritis that stays somewhat in check when I avoid large amounts of homogenized milk prod. and sugar, and gigantic cravings for sugar.  As a matter of fact, most of my life up until the last 3 years or so, I lived on carbs.  So, I guess my question is...am I detoxing?  Am I doing something wrong that anyone can think of?  This is day three. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2009, 04:57:02 AM »
     You can take them together. As far as I know the anti-yeast herbs are harmless to the probiotics. And if I remember correctly YA has FOS in it which is good for the beneficial bacteria.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1400.msg217169.html#msg217169
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline carolina girl

• Adept
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2009, 08:19:18 AM »
Today is day one for me - no side effects yet, just hungry.  had omelet for breakfast and a "taco soup" (no tomatoes) for lunch.  I think one area I have gone wrong in, though, is the fact that I have not eliminated dairy.  I have been consuming sour cream and cheddar cheese and plan to consume homemade yogurt from raw milk.  Do I need to completely eliminate dairy, too?  I really want to do the strictest diet so that I can kick this thing and be done.  Do I need to get rid of the dairy too?

Thanks!

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
I only eliminated sugar and fruit the first week and it was about day 5 that detox hit.  I was so sick I was convinced I had a virus.  Now that I've been on it a while I know when I'm detoxing and it usually starts with headache, bloating, and other lovely symptoms.  I have not been able to handle more than 3 T. of EVCO without symptoms. 

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »
Today is day one for me - no side effects yet, just hungry.  had omelet for breakfast and a "taco soup" (no tomatoes) for lunch.  I think one area I have gone wrong in, though, is the fact that I have not eliminated dairy.  I have been consuming sour cream and cheddar cheese and plan to consume homemade yogurt from raw milk.  Do I need to completely eliminate dairy, too?  I really want to do the strictest diet so that I can kick this thing and be done.  Do I need to get rid of the dairy too?

Thanks!

I eliminated dairy last because I love it so.  I think the Bee plan says to eliminate it up front with the sugars and fruits.

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline carolina girl

• Adept
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2009, 08:24:07 AM »
Alright, today is day 5 and this might be TMI, but this morning, I had some pretty bad cramping and couldn't get off the potty much because of such loose stool/diarrhea.  Is this normal?  Is this what happens on a cleanse (it would make sense if it is) I have been fine ever since then - should I expect this throughout the time I am doing this, or was it a one time thing?  Also, I have not eliminated dairy - I have greatly reduced the intake - but have not eliminated it.  Do I HAVE to eliminate dairy in order to see the results/complete the cleanse?

Thanks so much to all of you cleanse experts out there!

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2009, 09:09:22 AM »
I've been on the diet in various stages since November.  I've only really been sick one time with cramping and diarrhea.  I also notice that in addition to cramping/loose stools, I have had headaches, feeling achy all over and just a general feeling of unwellness. I think different people react differently.  If you take the large dose of Vitamin C at the first sign of  die off, the symptoms are reduced significantly.  I take 2,000 mg of Vitamin C at the first sign of bloating and gas or achy flu like symptoms.  Since I started that I haven't had any more diarrhea.  Maybe it will help you too.  I think Bee even says to take 4,000 mg, but I can only choke down so many horse pills...lol.  She does say that you need to totally eliminate dairy until your candida symptoms are cleared up.  Even though it isn't allowed, I have a little coconut milk here and there when I need a little creamy something.  (I used it in the egg drink and it improved the flavor quite a bit)  Also search Bee's sight for how to handle die off.  She has a lot of things to read about die off as well as "healing reactions."

I'm at a stage of altering the plan quite a bit.  I had the allergist pull my testing today and saw that my allergy to egg and fish is rather significant as well as wheat and cow milk.  So that is part of why my eczema is better.  It just won't completely go away, so I am eliminating chicken eggs and fish.  I may have to add in some rice and non-gluten grains since I have really eaten a lot of eggs and tuna to keep me from thinking I'd starve..lol.  Anyway, I hope to have rash free eyes with the elimination of my high allergens.

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2009, 06:31:55 PM »
Hey, I'm so impressed with the results Jammie! Well, I bet ya'll never thought you'd hear from me again, and I feel badly for just dropping out without a note. This diet totally killed my milk supply. I need herbs now to keep it adequate. I have always had tons and tons of milk in the past and couldn't touch anything that would increase breastmilk so my baby wouldn't drown, lol. Anyways, I have since read that many feel fatigued on a low carb diet simply because they aren't consumin enough calories. This was true in my case. It is HARD to start eating a whole new way and when a new babies in the house is NOT a time to rock your world with a new diet. I'm still investigating how to overcome candida. It's so confusing to me, but I have time to figure it out because I won't be trying anything like this again till baby is eating lots of solids.

Hoping for the greatest success for you ladies!!!

Jen
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »
Oh Jen, so sorry to hear about your nursing difficulties.  This is a hard diet to do anyway, I can only imagine if I were trying to nurse as well. 

On another note, the food allergies have really thrown a knot in my plans.  Since I took eggs completely out my eczema is about 80% better.  I think I was eating between 4-6 eggs a day on Bee's plan.  I had planned on the maker's diet but I wasn't able to add much in without having some bad digestive symptoms.  I found another anti-candida diet website and may try to stick to it instead.  It has a few more options than Bee's and takes into account that you would have food allergies.  (Bee says that you should eat eggs anyway, but I was so miserable with the eczema I just can't) I printed out several things and will read it tonight.  I'm going to start a journal to track my food reactions and just go slowly. 
http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/foodlist.php
What do you all think about this approach to clearing the candida?

One bad thing, is that I was craving chocolate and sweets.  Instead of taking vitamin C, epsom bath and lots of water, I ate a mixture of cocoa, almonds, coconut oil (hey, it's antifungal!), coconut flakes, stevia, some honey, etc all whizzed into a very yummy fudge like thing.  Then, another time I had a frozen treat with coconut milk and frozen fruit in the blender...anyway, I have now turned to the dark (chocolate) side and must find my way back to cabbage and broccoli. ;D
Mrs. P

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2009, 11:22:28 AM »
Looks like I'll be trying this again.  My baby has eczema. :'(  I'm still low carb, but have been eating dairy and nuts.  I guess they gotta go.   :o

*What about eggs?  Do you think they could be a problem for my baby?

He is 4 months old and breastfed only.  I was thinking about starting him on raw egg yolk but I guess that will have to wait.  I might try giving him some probiotic powder everyday.  I know Donna Gates reccomends the juice of fermented veggies for babies.  I really  want to get this under conrol before it gets worse.  My oldest daughter had eczema that started out worse and lasted 'till she was around three.  Now it is coming back so I have to figure out what to do with her. 

Offline MommabyHisgrace

• Adept
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »
We are in the midst of month #3 and I'm finding that 2 of my children still have yeast symptoms when we take our week off each month.  I had to go 1 1/2 weeks without the supplements and that was hard.  My 3 yo dd's eczema started to come back right away.  Looks like she will be in it for the long haul.  I just picked up the supplements today and started us all back on Vit. C, Candida Clear, Colostrum and still need to get some CLO.  Hoping to get back on track and see some more good results! 

I may need to start keeping a food log for the 2 that still have symptoms, but don't want to put forth that much effort if I don't have to :o!

Offline carolina girl

• Adept
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
I will have been doing this for two weeks tomorrow.  I never did have any outright yeast symptoms, just knew that I must have some issues because of many antibiotics as a child, sugar cravings, etc.  So, I went through die off, taking my yeast assassin, omega 369, ultra immune, aloe vera, digestive enzymes, then adding in clove oil for the past couple of days.  I have no more symptoms of die off - just tired (but I think that has more to do with caring for 2 sick ones right now).  Should I switch out my yeast assassin now for acidopholus blast and save the rest for a future use (maybe by my dh??? :))  Should I start incorporating other foods now, like dairy and yeast containing foods?  I'm confused now at this point...  what should be my action plan after all symtoms of die-off are gone?

Offline carolina girl

• Adept
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2009, 07:23:07 AM »
bump

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2009, 07:35:09 AM »
well, i'm back. my 4 mo has a severe yeast rash all over his body. His neck, diaper, underarms, behind the kneess, are red, raw, and oozing. There is a rash everywhere else and it spreads every day.  :'( It took me some time tor figure out it was yeast because I did not experience this with the other kids. This certainly confirms my suspicions that I have candida. I DO NOT want to pass this to anymore children.

So, i'm excited to kick some yeast butt, though I just don't know how I'm going to get enough calories to mainatain my milk supply? 

Here we go again/round 2. :)
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2009, 09:19:24 AM »
well, i'm back. my 4 mo has a severe yeast rash all over his body. His neck, diaper, underarms, behind the kneess, are red, raw, and oozing. There is a rash everywhere else and it spreads every day.  :'( It took me some time tor figure out it was yeast because I did not experience this with the other kids. This certainly confirms my suspicions that I have candida. I DO NOT want to pass this to anymore children.

So, i'm excited to kick some yeast butt, though I just don't know how I'm going to get enough calories to mainatain my milk supply? 

Here we go again/round 2. :)

I would suggest using lots of good fats to up your calories. Avocado, coconut, good butter on everything that's good w/butter, etc. Maybe a small amount of non gluten grains.

Tropical Traditions has lots of recipes for coconut foods including breads, muffins, etc. Since most coconut bread/muffin recipes are mostly coconut & egg the calories & fat should really help- & don't forget to serve with butter.  ;) Winter squashes & sweet potatoes might work for you & they are still lower cab than grains & reg starches.

I mentioned in the post quoted below about using coconut flour in water to help fill you up & in your case, for extra calories. Flax as well.

IMO, the extra hunger is actually a die off reaction. The yeasty beasties  ;) are trying to get you to eat CARBS & & if your starving you just might give in & eat carbs. Besides, the starch in good carbs helps you stay full longer- that's the reason for the trick of adding carbs/starch to a meal when you need 'stick to the ribs' food or need to stretch food to feed a crowd.

As far as something that might help, I was just reading an email from Tropical Traditions about their coconut flour being on sale. It mentioned mixing the coconut flour into water for a coconut flavored fiber supplement or adding it to smoothies, etc. How about trying it to help fill you up & stick with you? Because it's high in fiber it should help keep you regular also. Most everyone is taking coconut oil anyways so this would just add a little more coconut oil to your diet but would also add protein (it's 19% NON gluten protein) & fiber as well. It might help.

Adding ground flax to your meals should help also. Good fats, fiber & it expands in the stomach to help fill you up.

Blessings ~herbalmom

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom