Author Topic: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement  (Read 341970 times)

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
Re: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »
We had the best dinner tonight (YUM!) and it was totally following Bee's diet. Chicken patties fried in coconut oil and mashed turnips both smothered in gravy and all hm. Totally high fat, mod. protein, and low carb. We all feel so satisfied. This was my first time cooking turnips. They were delicious with lots of butter and salt and only 9 carbs for a large turnip! 4 turnips fed us all five of us and then some. Everyone loved them!

We had started doing coconut oil but were having die off in the form of headaches, nasuea, flu like symptoms. DH almost threw up this am! (he also started taking a multi vitamin so that could of upset his tummy too.?) So we are backing off a bit and just staying with just the diet for a bit longer still. Doing the full 4,000 of vit. c (no diahrrea) and were both doing multi's too. Had a cup of P'au Darko as this is part of the diet and can be taken from the beginning. We felt totaly terrible. Like we had the flu, so we won't be doing that again anytime soon!

XXX,
Jenny
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:43:56 PM by mommyjen »
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

YoopreMama

« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »
Welcome back, AM25!   ;D  I do think running low on supplements (fats, esp.) does leave us prone to temptation.   Undecided  I seem to want more food when I don't have enough EVCO or CLO.  That being said, I did have a planned cheat last night-- my 1st in 3 weeks...I had dairy and sugar in the form of sour cram milk and Hedy's Flourless Choc. cake and Floydian's Choc. Angel Pie.  YUM!  Skin is itching a bit, after being mostly cleared up and my throat was sore briefly after my cheat.  Curious to see how today goes.  Packing away the cake in the freezer for DH's lunches, and sharing the last 2 pieces of pie w/ others today. 

I am down 8 pounds in the 3 weeks.  I'm at my lowest weight since college...even lower than while on the MC...I'm approaching my high school weight, only it is a BIT differently distributed from my athletic form back then.   ::) ;)

I'm certainly considering Schulze's formulas #1 and #2 after seeing the successes posted.  This is HARD to do long term and of course, if there's a quicker "fix", I'm all for it...not so I can eat "bad" things,as I rather like the benefits of eating like this, but I am not sure how long I can realistically do this.  Speeding up the "assassination" would be nice.  :D  I miss good milk/yogurt and good bread.

Lovin'--What good news about your skin!  I hope you can settle into some kind of regular eating here...fasting leaves me so prone to binging.   :-[  WTG  on the good start!

Jenny--My inventive pal...LOL...I keep forgetting to buy turnips.  They're not exactly on my regular list.  :D    Your dinner sounds yummy.  What's "hm", BTW?

I'm wondering if my CO is not the right kind for giving me die-off b/c I'm just not seeing it.  I'm not eating much of the blueberries/coconut milk/millet/quinoa/blue corn?  Maybe I should check what kind it is and cut those things back...I should be more miserable?  ???

I just bought more Vitamin C--1,000 mg, buffered/sustained release.  I think I need more (not at 4,000) and its "effect" on regularity.   ::)
We had the best dinner tonight (YUM!) and it was totally following Bee's diet. Chicken patties fried in coconut oil and mashed turnips both smothered in gravy and all hm. Totally high fat, mod. protein, and low carb. We all feel so satisfied. This was my first time cooking turnips. They were delicious with lots of butter and salt and only 9 carbs for a large turnip! 4 turnips fed us all five of us and then some. Everyone loved them!

We had started doing coconut oil but we're having die off in the form of headaches, nausea, flu like symptoms. DH almost threw up this am! (he also started taking a multi vitamin so that could of upset his tummy too?) So we are backing off a bit and just staying with just the diet for a bit longer still. Doing the full 4,000 of vit. c (no diarrhea) and were both doing multi's too. Had a cup of Pau D'arco as this is part of the diet and can be taken from the beginning. We felt totally terrible. Like we had the flu, so we won't be doing that again anytime soon!

Have a good weekend all!   :-*

Offline Lovin'myHoneyinVT

• Adept
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2008, 03:56:27 AM »
Wow, Yooper, you were up early!  I am not sure what today will bring after yesterdays "planned" binge on candy.  At least I knew it was coming.  The last time we were on the Maker's diet I made my boys wait until After the forty days to eat their candy.  This year they went trick or treating for canned goods for the food baskets at school.  I think they still got some but not much at all compared to previous holidays. 

You all are still talking about stuff I am not aware of such as vit. c at 4000mg and other supplements so I am going back right now to read the beginning.  I will see how far I get  ???

I love turnips. ;D

YoopreMama

« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm up early again.  ::)  I love naps.  ;D

Yesterday brought me nausea and a headache from my planned binge.  :P  I expect it will continue today since I partook of leftover dessert.  I simply cannot have that stuff in the house right now.  :-X

Re: the Vitamin C...that's from Bea's page...on some supplement link.  I was at 3,000 mg yesterday.  Will go for 4,000 today.  Interesting stuff, that Vitamin C.  It's gotten so "passe", that I forget it's amazing benefits (esp. w/ cancer).  Need to order more CO and CLO and vitamins...have lots of garlic. 

Good for you for reading to get caught up on our supplement chit-chat.  ;)  Need to add turnips to my list.  Root vegetables are a staple up here..should be plenteous.
Wow, Yooper, you were up early!  I am not sure what today will bring after yesterdays "planned" binge on candy...

You all are still talking about stuff I am not aware of such as vit. c at 4000mg and other supplements so I am going back right now to read the beginning.  I will see how far I get  ???

I love turnips. ;D
Back on track today.  Hope it doesn't take long to get this out of my system.  Water, water, water...I should post that info about lemon that was recently quoted...off to find it...

Here it is:
Why the lemon works so well

On page 19 of A.F. Beddoe's book “Biological Ionization in Human Nutrition,” he states that: The  purpose of the lemon is to:

a) provide a natural strengthening agent to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.

b) The liver can make more enzymes out of fresh lemon juice than any other food element.

c) The lemon helps fix oxygen and calciums in the liver because it regulates blood carbohydrate levels which affect the blood oxygen levels.”
I could otherwise not drink water, it tasted horrible and would come right back up still cold. :P   My children would fill up a quart jar ( I drank two or three quarts a day)  with water and add the juice of half a lemon, it tasted so good to me and help me drink more water... 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:31:45 AM by Yooper »

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2008, 04:25:19 AM »
only 9 carbs for a large turnip! Everyone loved them!

Wow, I didn't realize turnips are so unstarchy! And really? The children loved them?  Maybe I'll try an experiment. Heh Heh Heh. ;)

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »
Were are experiencing major die off, but hanging in there. And I thought we were pretty healthy!  ::) We feel weak, tired. It was hard to hold the baby today my muscles were so weak. We decided to add more allowed grains back in but it hasn't made a huge difference re: die off. Doing lot of baking soda baths to get the toxins to go through my skin and not my breast milk. I'm ordering Epsom salts from my coop and we'll be using those for our baths instead for the same reason and to help relieve muscle aches and some other good benefits. We are still mostly off sugar, fruit, and dairy. These are the things that are supposed to be the most important to omit from the diet to overcome  candida. I'm ordering vanilla stevia from my coop too. That will be a treat we'll look forward too! Yummy in Swiss decaffeinated coffee,  ;D

We totally feel like we are fasting (physically) though we eat all the time! Hubby is having some really weird die off. A strange rash with puss between his toes. Weird. I know the Candida flare and get worse before  they get better. Their fighting for their lives. lol. Hoping we feel better soon. Enemas are supposed to be good esp. in the beginning to minimize die off, but I've never done one before. It sure sounds like it would bring a lot of relief though. By the time I pull that together we'll probably be over the worst of it.

As soon as we are feeling better we will begin the first and milder anti-fungals recommended: coconut oil and pau darco tea.

The good/great news is that hubby's breath is so sweet since being off sugar and I've lost 7 pounds since I began a few weeks ago!

Hang in there Yooper. Sorry your feeling so crummy. I was beginning to wonder if you didn't have candida, but after your reaction it sure seems like you do. We have a planned cheat the end of November. We're going to have cake at a friends wedding. :)  Is Dr. Schultz stuff okay for nursing? I'll have to check those products out.  I'm thinking about doing the nystatin route. HM: homemade. What kind of coconut oil are you using...is it refined? hmmm.

Visionary mom, yes our kids really did like the mashed turnips! They were very mild in flavor.

BTW, Bee's egg drink is awesome and so yummy if you cut the water down to 1 cup and steep 2 bags of chai tea in it (boiled together so it's really strong) before adding it to the blender full of eggs, etc. Really good. I'd like to try coffee instead too!

:-*
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:37:29 PM by mommyjen »

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2008, 03:19:46 AM »
Ok...jumping in and starting the diet today.  I feel pretty icky after camping for the weekend and eating all sorts of junk.  Wish me luck!

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2008, 04:02:29 AM »
Ok...jumping in and starting the diet today.  I feel pretty icky after camping for the weekend and eating all sorts of junk.  Wish me luck!

Jammie

That's great! Keep us posted when you can. Do you have any candida symptoms?

Praying for ya,
Jenny

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2008, 05:00:42 AM »
"Start eliminating some A. Sugars that feed candida (below), and at the same time start to increase good fats, i.e. butter, coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, and protein (if your intake was quite low), Do not increase proteins more than you increase good fats – try to keep a balance of 20% protein to 60% fat. If your protein intake was high you might need to lower it temporarily until you can increase your fats enough. If there are not enough fats in ratio to proteins it will cause constipation. If you increase protein without good fats you can also get sick, including an upset stomach. It is more important to get your fat ratios up to recommended levels than to increase protein too fast. Keeping the correct ratios of fats to proteins will become more important as you lower your carbs."

This is what I'm doing this week.  So far I have lots of candida symptoms, which I've assumed were due to allergies...now I'm thinking the allergies are due to candida.  I have joint pain in left thumb, moderate to severe eczema, itchy skin and ears, foggy thinking, tired a lot, food allergies, etc.   
Jammie
Mrs. P

YoopreMama

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2008, 05:53:26 AM »
Welcome, Jammie!  I'll be detoxing with you this week.  :D

I look forward to replying more in depth, Jenny...always good stuff in your posts...

Suffice it to say I'm back "on" the program and adding a few things...Pau D'Arco...yellow dock...considering olive leaf...and the probiotics...

I made my egg drink w/ egg nog tea (Bigelow's seasonal line).  I think I'd like it more had I not enjoyed dessert this weekend.   :-\

Ordering more CO, CLO, vitamins and C...making sure the CO is unrefined.   >:(

Baby calls!
ETA:  I sure do have yeast problems, Jenny!  :D  I'm a bit short-tempered, baby's been a bit fussy.  My skin is flaring up after being mostly clear.   I'm also a little tired.  And you know what?  I didn't even enjoy the milk much at all.   :'( 

Keep up the good work, Jenny!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:30:20 AM by Yooper »

Offline Lovin'myHoneyinVT

• Adept
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2008, 07:21:50 AM »
Okay, I read the first post...thank you Yooper for putting it together...HOW DO YOU DO IT???

I thought the Maker's Diet was difficult!  At least I was able to have raw milk and raw milk cheese etc.  I was able to have fruits and some honey each day...this BEE diet is CRAZY ;D

So, now that I have let you know what think, I want to say congratulations to those of you who are able to do even some of this!  I think there is a water cleanse around here somewhere! ::)  That might be more my speed after reading post #1 :-X :'( 

Okay, I will start again to do the Maker's Diet.  All the candy from Halloween is going to my husbands job...since he doesn't really care for it ;D ;D

I will drink 1 quart  :o of water a day if it kills me :D and only 1 T honey. :'( :'(  The problem is it runs right through me so I don't get any work done...keep running to the bathroom.  I need a toilet in my barn :o ;D

Well, I may have to eat later than the family tonight since we are off to a banquet for my son.  I'll let you know how I fared. 

and I hope I will be detoxing with you all later, too ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 07:23:21 AM by Lovin'myHoneyinVT »

YoopreMama

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »
Weak and tired...I felt like that a month or so ago when I did YA for a week.  This detox has been so mild, I keep wondering if I'm failing the anti-yeast diet somehow.  We'll see how it goes w/ the Pau d'Arco and the "new" CO.  I also picked up a "better" CLO this time.  Read the thread on Vitamin C and a chapter on garlic from Practical Herbalism.  It's encouraging to read how they both work.

I forgot about baking soda baths...it's certainly cheaper than Epsom salts...ours keep going up.  They were $1.94 and now they're up to $2.36/4# bag.   >:(

I can do w/o sugar, fruit, and dairy.  It's the "good" grains and beans that are hard to pass up right now.  Hope the vanilla stevia helps--it does help us.  We've hardly touched our maple syrup... :o

The toe rash I've heard of before.  Diluted DSS or ACV will help w/ any itch and dry it up, in case you're looking to do something.  I'm thinking chapped lips are a symptom, too.  Had them, then they cleared; now they're back.   >:(

Drink lots of water--w/ lemon!!  I hope the worst of it passes soon...and you'll feel so good.  Remembering that it cycles helps.  Feel bad.  Feel better.  Feel bad.  Feel even better.   ;D

Yeah, people say enemas do help w/ the detox symptoms...esp. if things aren't "wide open" for stuff to flow through.   :o

Sweet breath and weight loss...ahhh...the BENEFITS of what we're doing.  THERE WILL BE EVEN BIGGER PAYOFFS, if we stick w/ it.   ;D

Planned "cheats" are what may make this program continue long-term.  I think it's a bit harder to get back on the horse, though, after a fall...just be warned.  I only "planned" a small piece of dessert...it led to a weekend of cheating.   ::)

Dr. Schulze while nursing?  I don't know, but I'm still thinking about it; waiting for some testimonials...;)

I have liquid Nystatin in my pantry...and olive leaf is supposed to be gentle.  I am taking those Candex enzymes to supposedly destroy candida by eating away at its cell membrane.

The 1st CO was NSI from Vita-cost...EV but I don't think unrefined.  I just ordered Nutiva...a big container.  And Vitamin C w/ rose hips...

Thanks for trying out that tea in the egg drink.  I was curious.  I have some left in the frig from this AM.  Guess I should drink it.   :P  How can it compare to Hedy and Floydian's desserts?   :'( :'( :'( ::) ::) ::) 
We are experiencing major die off, but hanging in there. And I thought we were pretty healthy!  ::) We feel weak, tired. It was hard to hold the baby today my muscles were so weak. We decided to add more allowed grains back in but it hasn't made a huge difference re: die off. Doing lot of baking soda baths to get the toxins to go through my skin and not my breast milk. I'm ordering Epsom salts from my coop and we'll be using those for our baths instead for the same reason and to help relieve muscle aches and some other good benefits. We are still mostly off sugar, fruit, and dairy. These are the things that are supposed to be the most important to omit from the diet to overcome  candida. I'm ordering vanilla stevia from my coop too. That will be a treat we'll look forward too! Yummy in Swiss decaffeinated coffee,  ;D

We totally feel like we are fasting (physically) though we eat all the time! Hubby is having some really weird die off. A strange rash with puss between his toes. Weird. I know the Candida flare and get worse before  they get better. Their fighting for their lives. lol. Hoping we feel better soon. Enemas are supposed to be good esp. in the beginning to minimize die off, but I've never done one before. It sure sounds like it would bring a lot of relief though. By the time I pull that together we'll probably be over the worst of it.

As soon as we are feeling better we will begin the first and milder anti-fungals recommended: coconut oil and pau darco tea.

The good/great news is that hubby's breath is so sweet since being off sugar and I've lost 7 pounds since I began a few weeks ago!

Hang in there Yooper. Sorry your feeling so crummy. I was beginning to wonder if you didn't have candida, but after your reaction it sure seems like you do. We have a planned cheat the end of November. We're going to have cake at a friends wedding. :)  Is Dr. Schultz stuff okay for nursing? I'll have to check those products out.  I'm thinking about doing the nystatin route. HM: homemade. What kind of coconut oil are you using...is it refined? hmmm.

BTW, Bee's egg drink is awesome and so yummy if you cut the water down to 1 cup and steep 2 bags of chai tea in it (boiled together so it's really strong) before adding it to the blender full of eggs, etc. Really good. I'd like to try coffee instead too!

Yeah, I know, Lovin'--it is a tough one.  But I think it's working.  And will work.  I should read her testimonials for inspiration...altho' her tone on the Yahoo! group is less than humble.  ::)

What you're planning sounds realistic for you and it's certainly no small thing to send candy away from your house!  :o  Start where you're at and move forward from there.  :-*

Off to try making potato latkes...and Italian chicken.   ;)

YoopreMama

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »
I thought I should mention that I'm going back on the plan like I started, except w/ a shorter period on each level.  So, instead of a week w/o sugar/fruit, then adding no dairy, I'm doing it for a day.  It's making the transition more manageable.

So...no sugar and fruit was "easy" today.  Yes.  I did have milk.  ::)  And potato latkes.  Mmmm.... :D

I was reading the site that makes Candex.  Interesting.  Here's the link:
http://www.pureessencelabs.com/candex.php

Hope you are all doing well... :-*

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
Yooper,

How did you get the Nystatin? I thought it was by prescription only. If I could get it over the counter I'd be on it like a fat kid on a milk dud (or like me on a milk dud).

If I could "quickly and easily" get the gut clear of yeast then the rest of the time spent torturing myself on a cleanse would be all about killing it off in the rest of my body. My recent attempt seemed to stall after the gut was clear. I just never could get rid of the last of the symptoms that were dealing with skin and a few other things. Then my willpower gave out and I started eating too many carbs. Then more symptoms returned and more and more until I eventually gave up.

WR
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:30:43 AM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Dixiemom

• Adept
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »
I am really having a hard time of this.  I follow the diet very well for a week and then, bang, I eat a piece of chocolate or something.  I don't go crazy, and I get back on it, but I can't understand why I keep doing this to myself.   :'(

I feel SO much better when I do it, I guess I just feel deprived.  It's hard to feel deprived when you are eating steak, but I really can't do that very often and most of the time its eggs, salad, chicken, salad, EVCO, salad, well, you know how it goes.  It's just not that interesting or exciting.  I have tried a lot of variations, but it is just not fun.

The good news is that I am not starving all of the time anymore. 

Yooper, you are doing such a great job! I think your idea for getting back on track sounds great.

WR--I understand how you are feeling.  It is so hard to be on a plan when there seems to be no end in sight.

Have a great day everyone!

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2008, 02:28:13 AM »
I didn't do so well yesterday.  I misread the things not allowed and ate some fruit...actually fruit salad w/ sugar, and a banana, and some coffee with sweetened creamer  :o I totally avoided the movie size Junior Mints on my counter though...small victory for me! (now I must remember to throw them away...lol) So now I'm sitting her trying to decide what to eat for breakfast.   :-\  I fed hubby already (he had eggs) and sent him a good lunch.  I'm just not wanting eggs knowing how many I'm going to consume in the future.  Also, I am allergic to eggs (according to skin test) so maybe I shouldn't eat them??  I do have quail eggs so I can try that.  I dried up my cow and goat so I won't be tempted by cream and milk in the fridge...lol  I think I'll have cheese toast since those two luxuries are going away soon. ;D  I'll check in later...I'm not so good with self control...hopefully I can have a good report later. ;) 

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2008, 02:43:29 AM »
Another Turnip idea from my previous Candida Cleanse...lol

Dice the turnips and bake at 450 in stoneware.  Add LOTS of butter and some coconut oil.  Then add the large flakes of sea salt.  It gets kinda crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and is a real treat when you wish  you had a potato.  My kids even ate the "weird potatoes." 

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2008, 02:46:05 AM »
I am really having a hard time of this.  I follow the diet very well for a week and then, bang, I eat a piece of chocolate or something.  I don't go crazy, and I get back on it, but I can't understand why I keep doing this to myself.   :'(

I feel SO much better when I do it, I guess I just feel deprived.  It's hard to feel deprived when you are eating steak, but I really can't do that very often and most of the time its eggs, salad, chicken, salad, EVCO, salad, well, you know how it goes.  It's just not that interesting or exciting.  I have tried a lot of variations, but it is just not fun.

Don't be to hard on yourself. You're actually doing well. The cravings generally decrease over time. The yeast actually trick your brain/body into craving the substances it thrives on. Chocolate is a big one. Chocolate is fermented during its processing and per some folks that treat candida, yeast thrive on fermented products. This is a controversial subject. But I think it is worth looking at. I recently read the book "Feast without Yeast" which talks about fermented foods and yeast. In this book, chocolate is in the top list of things to avoid.

I know it doesn't seem fair!....Praying that this challenge will become more fun for you and that success will become a driving force for perseverence.

I really think as you begin to feel healthier that the changes won't feel like such a drag.

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2008, 05:47:19 AM »
Hello, hunting season has wrecked all of my best intentions.  I am with you RunAmokFarm (CAD thread)!!  I will be processing the last of the meat tomorrow.  My kitchen is a mess!  I have only been able to eat what is convenient.  I will be cutting out more carbs as soon as life normalizes (like it ever does  ;) :D)  
I am not whining, really,   :) :) I have grown to be thankful for hunting season.
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

YoopreMama

« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »
WR--Bea's Yahoo! group has a discussion on this...I think there's some strategy to get it?  I have it due to a family member's thrush.  You would like some, huh?   ;D  I wonder if you can get some on eBay?  ???  :D  I'm sorry things got so discouraging for you.   :'(  It IS hard to get back on after "cheating".   :-\

Yooper,

How did you get the Nystatin? I thought it was by prescription only. If I could get it over the counter I'd be on it like a fat kid on a milk dud (or like me on a milk dud).

If I could "quickly and easily" get the gut clear of yeast then the rest of the time spent torturing myself on a cleanse would be all about killing it off in the rest of my body. My recent attempt seemed to stall after the gut was clear. I just never could get rid of the last of the symptoms that were dealing with skin and a few other things. Then my willpower gave out and I started eating too many carbs. Then more symptoms returned and more and more until I eventually gave up.
Dixie--I know the deprived feeling.   :-\  I'm trying to just not pay attention to the food, and making sure that there isn't anything cheat-worthy in the house.  Hard, I know, w/ other family members... ::)  That was the main thing someone posted--it gets BORING.   >:(  I'm glad that 1) you're not starving; 2) that the headaches have diminished and 3) some weight came off.   ;D ;D
I am really having a hard time of this.  I follow the diet very well for a week and then, bang, I eat a piece of chocolate or something.  I don't go crazy, and I get back on it, but I can't understand why I keep doing this to myself.   :'(

Yooper, you are doing such a great job! I think your idea for getting back on track sounds great.

WR--I understand how you are feeling.  It is so hard to be on a plan when there seems to be no end in sight.
Jammie--Take every victory you can!  Junior Mints are a hard one to pass up, and a mistake made in ignorance?  Brush it off.  ;)  You won a bigger battle avoiding the candy than the minor set-back w/ the fruit/creamer.   ;D  As far as eggs..that would be hard to do w/o...glad you can have quail...and re: self-control?  Well, that's a fruit of the Spirit, and I'll pray He gives you a full-measure of it!   :-*
I didn't do so well yesterday.  I misread the things not allowed and ate some fruit...actually fruit salad w/ sugar, and a banana, and some coffee with sweetened creamer  :o I totally avoided the movie size Junior Mints on my counter though...small victory for me! (now I must remember to throw them away...lol) So now I'm sitting her trying to decide what to eat for breakfast.   :-\  I fed hubby already (he had eggs) and sent him a good lunch.  I'm just not wanting eggs knowing how many I'm going to consume in the future.  Also, I am allergic to eggs (according to skin test) so maybe I shouldn't eat them??  I do have quail eggs so I can try that.  I dried up my cow and goat so I won't be tempted by cream and milk in the fridge...lol  I think I'll have cheese toast since those two luxuries are going away soon. ;D  I'll check in later...I'm not so good with self control...hopefully I can have a good report later. ;) 

Mrs.V--I'm so glad to have you cheering us all on here!   :-* It's good to know that the cravings will decrease over time; it's been doing that for me...it gives me hope to know they'll continue.  Has it been almost a month of doing this??   :o  So my chocolate binge wasn't so hot an idea, huh?   :-[  ::)  :D  Yes, praying that success will drive us on...all this garlic I'm consuming MUST be doing SOMETHING!  I'm going to stay focused on all the good things I'm doing, vs. the cheats...The supplements are doing "things"...I know they are...AND I feel so down and tired after cheating...I so miss my energy and "up" mood (I bet some other people do, too).  ::)
Don't be to hard on yourself. You're actually doing well. The cravings generally decrease over time. The yeast actually trick your brain/body into craving the substances it thrives on. Chocolate is a big one. Chocolate is fermented during its processing and per some folks that treat candida, yeast thrive on fermented products. This is a controversial subject. But I think it is worth looking at. I recently read the book "Feast without Yeast" which talks about fermented foods and yeast. In this book, chocolate is in the top list of things to avoid.

I know it doesn't seem fair!....Praying that this challenge will become more fun for you and that success will become a driving force for perseverance.

I really think as you begin to feel healthier that the changes won't feel like such a drag.

IE--I'm sorry this has been a busy time for you and thus, affected your eating.  :(  A good reminder for me of what the upcoming holidays can bring...
Hello, hunting season has wrecked all of my best intentions.  I am with you RunAmokFarm (CAD thread)!!  I will be processing the last of the meat tomorrow.  My kitchen is a mess!  I have only been able to eat what is convenient.  I will be cutting out more carbs as soon as life normalizes (like it ever does  ;) :D)  
I am not whining, really,   :) :) I have grown to be thankful for hunting season.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »
I want sugar....I really, really want something sweet....I Love sugar. 

Oh sorry, I got a little carried away.  I did have two more small victories..well actually they were pretty big.   I resisted cool whip (I forgot it was in the fridge) and there was a Little Debbie SWISS CAKE ROLL in my purse when I got to 4-H...some EVIL child must have put it there. ;D

Hubby is no fun. He's on the diet with me and doesn't even miss sugar.  Of course he wasn't addicted like me. :-[  I want him to be miserable too...LOL

Last time I did this diet I started making "sweet" things with splenda and stevia so I'm not doing that this time as I think it made my cravings for sweet things worse.  Just going to drink some more water and not think about cool whip, junior mints, or swiss cake rolls!

Jammie

Mrs. P

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2008, 08:38:20 AM »
Jammie, are you allowing blueberries (even on occasion)?  Those really helped me (for the 1 little week that I did this  :-[ ) when I just felt like I needed something sweet.  My big thing was something cold and fresh, too - FRUIT! That was what I really wanted.  Anyway, putting a handful of frozen blueberries in a little bowl, and eating them slowly w/a spoon while reading, or on the computer, or something, really made it feel like a treat for me.

But all of you - you're doing so awesome!! Keep it up! (I cheer from the sidelines, while I'm here snitching cookie dough ::) ) I really envy you guys who've made it as far as you have.

It's NOT worth it to cheat, if you possibly can do it. That's what did me in.  I'm still trying to get back to just a simple "no sugar" diet.  Uggh.  So hang in there ladies, it's so worth it!

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
Here's an interesting site that has a list of proven natural remedies for yeast.
http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/yeastinfectiontreatment.html

The Recommended Candida Diet or Yeast Infection Diet. It allows some more foods than Bee's!!!
http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/candidadiet.html

How Enzymes kill yeast (Candex and a cheaper alternative!):
http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/enzymesforyeast.html

Here's a link to that cheaper alternative...
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Candida-Yeast-Management/pd_section-pr#ProductReviews

I'm still trying to figure this yeast thing out and had some time today to do some more research.

Thanks Yooper for the Candex info. that got me going. It's a very interesting/promising product!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:24:42 AM by mommyjen »

YoopreMama

« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »
Those blueberries really did help.  I see I'm on them more after cheating.   ::)  Thanks for checking in, Jemima!   :-*  You're right; it is SO not worth it to cheat.   :(
Jammie, are you allowing blueberries (even on occasion)?  Those really helped me (for the 1 little week that I did this  :-[ ) when I just felt like I needed something sweet.  My big thing was something cold and fresh, too - FRUIT! That was what I really wanted.  Anyway, putting a handful of frozen blueberries in a little bowl, and eating them slowly w/a spoon while reading, or on the computer, or something, really made it feel like a treat for me.

But all of you - you're doing so awesome!! Keep it up! (I cheer from the sidelines, while I'm here snitching cookie dough ::) ) I really envy you guys who've made it as far as you have.

It's NOT worth it to cheat, if you possibly can do it. That's what did me in.  I'm still trying to get back to just a simple "no sugar" diet.  Uggh.  So hang in there ladies, it's so worth it!
Those are great victories!  Way to go!   8)  I'm doing the liquid stevia and it helps...but I think I'm cheating on "good" grains too much.   :-\  An un-open ended program is LOOKING really good right now (i.e., a 4 week plan).  I'm also trying to figure out how "bad" I must have it...a few years of colon cleansing w/ Herbal Fiberblend...1.5 years of being GF...the MC...liver flush...I don't know...think that helped?  My skin is doing well... ???  If it's any consolation, my dh is NOT on the plan and brings home candy bars.   ::)
...I did have two more small victories..well actually they were pretty big.   I resisted cool whip (I forgot it was in the fridge) and there was a Little Debbie SWISS CAKE ROLL in my purse when I got to 4-H...some EVIL child must have put it there. ;D

Hubby is no fun. He's on the diet with me and doesn't even miss sugar.  Of course he wasn't addicted like me. :-[  I want him to be miserable too...LOL

Last time I did this diet I started making "sweet" things with splenda and stevia so I'm not doing that this time as I think it made my cravings for sweet things worse.  Just going to drink some more water and not think about cool whip, junior mints, or swiss cake rolls!
Jenny--Thanks so much for your research...I appreciate your commitment to this!  I really like the alternative to Candex in price.  :o  Keep us posted on what you find/do.  ;D
Here's an interesting site that has a list of proven natural remedies for yeast.
http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/yeastinfectiontreatment.html

The Recommended Candida Diet or Yeast Infection Diet. It allows some more foods than Bee's!!!

How Enzymes kill yeast (Candex and a cheaper alternative!):
http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/enzymesforyeast.html

Here's a link to that cheaper alternative...
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Candida-Yeast-Management/pd_section-pr#ProductReviews

I'm still trying to figure this yeast thing out and had some time today to do some more research.

Thanks Yooper for the Candex info. that got me going. It's a very interesting/promising product!
I have not been on the fats as high as I should be these past few days (running out)...hope the new stuff arrives tomorrow.  I know it helps when I have CLO and CO in abundance.  Still doing the garlic...and Candex and aloe...and Vit. C...and Power Tonic...

Been sleeping well the past few nights--11 hours or so/night.  I think that helps...in fact, I'm off to bed early again.  Good night all!   ;D

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2008, 01:33:03 PM »
I'm either having die off or have a virus.  I am so sick.  So far I have only eliminated sugar and fruit.  I've been taking 2 CLO per day and 6 EPO plus 2,000 mg. of vit. c per day....still eating carbs and other junk and not taking probiotics, garlic or coconut oil yet.  I was exhausted yesterday and then in the evening I felt a little sick to my stomach.  I went to bed and was terribly sick all night.  This morning and all day I've had diarrhea (sorry, tmi :-[).  I've been in bed all day and my stomach is still upset.  I have been taking probiotics like crazy thinking it would help with a virus, but if it's die off would that make it worse?  I just ate a little chicken noodle soup, some saltines and sugar free ginger ale.

I'm going to look up die off reactions, but I have a hard time believing I'd have such severe reaction this soon with so few changes thus far.

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
Jammie, I went through the same thing...only by cutting out sugar, fruits, and dairy! It was hard core. Night sweats, muscle weakess, felt like I was running against the wind in everything I did. Really freaky stuff. It will get better very soon!

"This diet is simply made up of known foods that will starve the fungus and has been used by hundreds of people with great success. I must warn you that the first few days you may have flu like symptoms as the candida parasite begins to die. Fungi are living things and of course do not like to die. They may emit toxins into your body, making your symptoms get worse instead of better at first for the first few days. Make sure you eat plenty of fresh vegetables preferably raw on this yeast infection diet. This is very important on the candida diet because vegetables absorb fungal poisons (mycotoxins) and carry them out of the body."

Bee says...
"You may not realize it but you may have become addicted to foods that feed candida or that are damaging to your body. Just as a drug addict suffers withdrawal symptoms when the drug is withdrawn, people experience discomfort when they lose access to a particular food. It is also a known fact that the food industry purposely adds substances to foods to make you addicted to them. Therefore you may experience withdrawal symptoms when many foods you normally consume are removed. As soon as you stop eating these foods changes begin to occur in all of the body's systems. Some symptoms may occur within a few hours of not eating a regular food, while other symptoms may occur within days. Withdrawal symptoms can even make you feel as if you are starving, when you actually aren't. You will find your cravings will increase the longer you prolong eliminating certain foods, i.e. sugars, high carb foods, alcohol, grains, etc. If you indulge by eating them they appear to make you feel better for a time, but that won't last. Soon you will experience increased candida overgrowth symptoms from such indulgences...Die-off Symptoms, Withdrawal Symptoms and Food Cravings can also be alleviated by the following:

•Vitamin C - take 4,000 mgs when symptoms first start to appear, and take 1,000 mgs every hour until symptoms subside or bowel tolerance is reached, i.e. loose stools or diarrhea. When you reach bowel tolerance take less vitamin C each hour until you reach bowel tolerance again, and so on. Vitamin C helps the body detoxify since it is a powerful antioxidant.
•Ensure you are taking enough calcium/magnesium according to the Essential Supplements list. It helps minimize aches and pains.
•Take baths with Epsom salts, or 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. Baths help draw toxins out through the skin which helps minimize symptoms. Add two cups, or 500 grams, of Epsom salts to your bath. Soak for 15-20 minutes. Use 1/2 cup of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide in 1/2 a bathtub of very warm water. Soak in the tub until you sweat.
•Drink 4 cups of Pau D'Arco tea per day. It is a powerful antioxidant and it will help your body detoxify.
•Clove tea. Cloves are one of the most powerful antioxidant there is. Only buy spices that are organic or certified organic at the health store because commercial spices are all irradiated.
Clove Tea
•Boil 4-1/2 cups of water.
•Take it off the heat
•Add two level teaspoons of ground cloves.
•Let it steep for 20 minutes. Strain well, and drink 4 1/2 cups hot or cold every day or when needed.
•Whole cloves are more effective — put them in a heavy plastic bag and pulverize them with a hammer. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons in 4 1/2 cups of water.
Other Simple Things to Help You
•For relaxation do this for 15 minutes every day. Lie on the floor with your feet on a chair so your thighs are at a right angle to the seat of the chair and the calves of your legs are lying across the seat of the chair. It is as simple as that.
•Do dry skin brushing which will stimulate the liver and adrenal glands, increasing their ability to handle the toxins — see the Candida Group Dry Skin Brushing File.
•Thump your thymus to stimulate it. Using your knuckles thump gently but firmly on your middle of your breastbone. Thump about 10 times in a row. Do this several times a day to wake up your thymus which is very important part of the immune system. 

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/help1.php
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:36:46 PM by mommyjen »

YoopreMama

« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
Jammie, I am sorry for how badly you feel.   :'(  I see that Jenny has posted some very helpful stuff on die-off and ways to deal w/ it.   :-*

I am feeling crummy myself...tired this week...cranky...and cheating (oatmeal, milk, cold cereal) a bit.  I'm out of fats  >:(, and Vita-cost is taking FOREVER to deliver them to me.  I'll have to make sure I order earlier next time.  I think the cravings are worse when one is not getting enough fat. 

I'm either having die off or have a virus.  I am so sick. ...
That's why I like the idea of Candex...the die-off is supposed to be much less...

Good reminders for me:  Eat more fresh, raw veggies; do the Vitamin C thing; drink more Pau d'Arco; maybe clove tea?  I'm not doing to do the thymus thumping...my boy bounces me enough there when he's the pouch!
"... Fungi are living things and of course do not like to die. They may emit toxins into your body, making your symptoms get worse instead of better at first for the first few days. [/b] Make sure you eat plenty of fresh vegetables preferably raw on this yeast infection diet. This is very important on the candida diet because vegetables absorb fungal poisons (mycotoxins) and carry them out of the body."

" ...Die-off Symptoms, Withdrawal Symptoms and Food Cravings can also be alleviated by the following:

•Vitamin C - take 4,000 mgs when symptoms first start to appear, and take 1,000 mgs every hour until symptoms subside or bowel tolerance is reached, i.e. loose stools or diarrhea. When you reach bowel tolerance take less vitamin C each hour until you reach bowel tolerance again, and so on. Vitamin C helps the body detoxify since it is a powerful antioxidant.
•Ensure you are taking enough calcium/magnesium according to the Essential Supplements list. It helps minimize aches and pains.
•Drink 4 cups of Pau D'Arco tea per day. It is a powerful antioxidant and it will help your body detoxify.
•Clove tea. Cloves are one of the most powerful antioxidant there is. Only buy spices that are organic or certified organic at the health store because commercial spices are all irradiated.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »
Thanks for all the helpful advice.  I'm about to take an epsom salt bath and then probably go to bed.  I did take some more vit. c which gives me 2,000 mg for today and will take more before bed.  Bee has lots of good info in her stuff.  Can I expect a repeat of the die off next week when I eliminate the breads and carbs? 

Thankfully, my mom was here today and took care of the children.

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2008, 02:56:06 AM »
Feeling MUCH better this morning.  Thanks for the encouragement to get through.

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2008, 04:25:56 AM »
I think the cravings are worse when one is not getting enough fat. 

I really think that is true. I know I just feel so much healthier when I am getting plenty of the coconut oil.  The concentrated protein in the diet that I seem to require feels imbalanced unless I eat lots of fat.

Jammie, sorry about the icky symptoms. I have had several times in the past where the symptoms seemed so flu-like I didn't think it could just be die-off but in retrospect it was. Anyway, glad you're feeling better!

Best wishes to all....And keep up the prayers!

I'll just throw in this. It's something the Lord helped me with many years ago. I started praying everyday that He would make me want the foods that He wanted me to have and that He would make me feel happy and satisfied with that which He provided. At the same time I prayed that He would repel me from all wrong foods and all wrong substances and remove them from my pathway.  He blessed me with help in answering this prayer and over the years I have eaten quite healthfully (which is why it was such a shock to realize I had a Candida problem 2 years ago. ???) Oh well, I know He has His reasons for this experience and I am grateful that He is causing me to depend on Him more completely.