Author Topic: Shabby's 40 Day Nursing Mama's Yeast Cleanse...  (Read 60164 times)

YoopreMama

Shabby's 40 Day Nursing Mama's Yeast Cleanse...
« on: October 02, 2008, 01:35:22 PM »
From the thread on Fighting Candida while Nursing/PG:

Hey I don't have time to leaf through the 5 pages here, but I successfully did a yeast/candida cleanse while breastfeeding.  We were both fine.  Here's what I did:

For 40 days I ate brown rice and vegetables only.  Nothing else.  (You could eat nuts too, but I was doing it for the sake of staving off a nut allergy so none for me.)  I got creative with the spices, and I grilled them to help change it up a little.  Dipping them in tahini and other home made sauces, etc.

I took Candida Cleanse tablets, probiotics, cloves, garlic, pumpkin oil, coconut oil, black strap molasses and Cod liver oil every day.  And I slathered everything in as much real butter as possible.  It's important to keep the fats high when you're breastfeeding, and the molasses help with minerals and iron.

I had success, and the baby and I are great.  She's VERY healthy.   :D

There are rice breads, and if you don't want to cut sugar completely, I'd just try to do the least amount of sugar possible, and keep it to natural sugars like grains and fruits and not added sugars.

That is amazing, Shabby...I am so inspired.  Did you get the idea from a specific plan?  Was it to counter the nut thing or to kill yeast?  Or both?

No milk?  No meat?  I could cut out bread, but raw milk/yogurt?   :'(

Did you make any soups w/ the rice and veggies?

I'd love to see a brief menu plan...thinking, thinking...

What was in the Candida Cleanse tablets?

Did you get the idea from a specific plan?
I got the idea from a holistic practitioner and it is basically the first stage of the Maker's Diet minus the nuts.

Was it to counter the nut thing or to kill yeast?  Or both?
The holistic friend was certain that the yeast I carried and passed to my daughter was the root of the nut allergy.  She said the the mold from the nuts (and all legumes have this) was the issue.  So killing the yeast eliminated the allergy.

No milk?
No!  I DIED once!   ;D  No sugar of any kind, even lactose.  It was brutal.

No meat?
I did eat meat.  Chicken.  I would have eaten fish if it'd been in the budget, and I may have, but I don't remember it... and I'd have eaten red meat if we were red meat eaters.

I could cut out bread, but raw milk/yogurt?
Yes, cutting the raw milk/yoghurt was VERY hard.  And no CHEESE!  It was torture.

Did you make any soups w/ the rice and veggies?
Yes, but it was sad soup since I couldn't use any beans (legumes).  Mostly broth, chicken and veggies.  And there was a veggie broth, too.

I'd love to see a brief menu plan
Well there was a lot of raw veggies in vinegar/oil.
There were rice crackers with tomatoes and basil.
There was chicken broth with brown rice, celery and carrots.
There were rice tortilla chips with salsa.
There were rice and veggie "patties" like burgers sans the bun.
There were a LOT of eggs and southwestern omelette's.
There were A LOT of sauteed veggies and brown rice in the Wok.  Very heavy on the butter, and creative to change the spices from night to night.
That's all I remember.

Thanks for the quick reply, Shabby...you crack me up.  I will prepare to die over milk next week.   :D

Things you can do to knock out yeast while pregnant or nursing:

Stop eating sugars and yeasts.

Eat yogurt and kefir. ETA: I'll be omitting these.  :'(

Take a good probiotic.

Eat a clove of garlic once or twice a day.

Drink Aloe juice/gel.

OK.  So I want to do this.   ;D

No milk/products ('cept beautiful butter).   :'(
No breads.
I think I'll skip the legumes, too.
Will do meat and eggs.
What about CORN, Shabby?  You ate a lot of rice products...what about corn chips?  Popcorn? 
Also, what about the sugars in molasses?  Minor?
And what about calcium for baby? 

Gotta' stock up on other stuff. 

Anyone else game?  I want to start a week from tomorrow...the 10th...done by Thanksgiving.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:03:42 PM by Yooper »

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
Re: Shabby's 40 Day Nursing Mama's Yeast Cleanse...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »
If the point is to avoid food with traces of mold in it, corn would be a no-no. Corn is actually a grain, not a veggie & is always has traces of mold in it. That's also the reason for avoiding wheat & the other grains except rice- wheat, etc tend to also have a lot of mold contamination. Read Doug Kaufmann's Fungus Link books (1,2 & 3) for info on this. Besides, corn is high carb & feeds yeast. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

YoopreMama

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53:47 PM »
Thanks.  I think, Herbalmom! 

:'( :'( :'( :'(

I didn't know corn was a grain. 

Any other points to consider...potential sources of carbs/mold...deficiencies?

P.S.  Where does that leave potatoes?  Or should I ask... ::)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:56:25 PM by Yooper »

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »
Well, my guess is that potatoes are too high carb for this. Sorry.

Looks like brown rice is probably it for grains. 

I do wonder though if Quiona & Amaranth would be allowed? They are both part of the Beet/Spinach family; not related to wheat, corn, etc.; are high in protein & lower in carb; alkalizing & easy to digest. I know they are allowed on the Body Ecology diet so maybe?

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
I think the black strap molasses is a good source of calcium.  And brocolli as well...and maybe other veggies too?

The quiona is really yummy.  One Mama at our church makes a 'pasta salad' style quiona with an italian dressing that is so good!

So, forevergirl says to eat yogurt and kefir?  Don't the kefir grains feed off of the milk sugars? 

I'll have to pass on doing this with you...I love my moldy, sugary, starchy, dairy foods too much ;D  But I'll cheer 'ya on!

~Gwen
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
not pregnant here, but would love some support.  i have been low carb for 8 months in attempt to kill yeast and heal my leaky gut.  it just was not working because i was eating things i am allergic to because they were low carb.  (meat, cheese, etc.)  so now i am going to try again without eating beef, cheese, dairy, & eggs.  also, no fruit and all the things you guys are talking about.  so what is the deal with brown rice?  it always seems like it makes my yeast related symptoms flare up.  anyone know for sure on the millet and quinoa?  so count me in, and i am making a list of foods i can eat, so i will have something to refer to when i'm hungry.  i was eating a lot of eggs especially for breakfast, they are filling and work great when you can't have cereal, granola, toast, etc.   don't know what in the world i will eat.  sausage i guess.   :-\  i will be watching for more ideas. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

YoopreMama

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »
Well, my guess is that potatoes are too high carb for this. Sorry.

I do wonder though if Quinoa & Amaranth would be allowed? They are both part of the Beet/Spinach family; not related to wheat, corn, etc.; are high in protein & lower in carb; alkalizing & easy to digest. I know they are allowed on the Body Ecology diet so maybe?

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom
OK.  I can do this.  If I did the Master Cleanse for 18 days, I can eat good food for 40.  ;D

Thanks for the lead on quinoa and amaranth...have quinoa...
I think the black strap molasses is a good source of calcium.  And brocolli as well...and maybe other veggies too?

The quinoa is really yummy.  One Mama at our church makes a 'pasta salad' style quinoa with an italian dressing that is so good!

So, forevergirl says to eat yogurt and kefir?  Don't the kefir grains feed off of the milk sugars? 

I'll have to pass on doing this with you...I love my moldy, sugary, starchy, dairy foods too much ;D  But I'll cheer 'ya on!

~Gwen
Ah Gwen, thanks for the reminders on molasses and broccoli being calcium sources...and other leafies that I'm about to get familiar with.  :D  I appreciate the idea on the quinoa salad, too--that sounds yummy!  Shabby, did you use any brown rice pasta, per chance?  ;D

I'll be skipping the yogurt and kefir (wah!), and taking probiotics in capsule form.

Thanks for the support, even though you won't join me.  ;)  I tire of the eczema so I'm quite motivated to kill this once and for all.   >:(

not pregnant here, but would love some support.  i have been low carb for 8 months in attempt to kill yeast and heal my leaky gut.  it just was not working because i was eating things i am allergic to because they were low carb.  (meat, cheese, etc.)  so now i am going to try again without eating beef, cheese, dairy, & eggs.  also, no fruit and all the things you guys are talking about.  so what is the deal with brown rice?  it always seems like it makes my yeast related symptoms flare up.  anyone know for sure on the millet and quinoa?  so count me in, and i am making a list of foods i can eat, so i will have something to refer to when i'm hungry.  i was eating a lot of eggs especially for breakfast, they are filling and work great when you can't have cereal, granola, toast, etc.   don't know what in the world i will eat.  sausage i guess.   :-\  i will be watching for more ideas. 
Welcome aboard, 4myhoonie!  I've been following your low carb saga w/ admiration.  You are so devoted!  I'm glad you have you doing this, too.   :-*

I'm pretty sure millet is safe.  I love it as a hot creamy cereal (w/ milk and honey of course).   ::)  Not sure why brown rice makes you flare up?  What do you eat it w/?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 04:13:33 PM »
Shabby, did you use any brown rice pasta, per chance?  ;D

I'll be skipping the yogurt and kefir (wah!), and taking probiotics in capsule form.  me too..............

Thanks for the support, even though you won't join me.  ;)  I tire of the eczema so I'm quite motivated to kill this once and for all.   >:( 

not pregnant here, but would love some support.  i have been low carb for 8 months in attempt to kill yeast and heal my leaky gut.  it just was not working because i was eating things i am allergic to because they were low carb.  (meat, cheese, etc.)  so now i am going to try again without eating beef, cheese, dairy, & eggs.  also, no fruit and all the things you guys are talking about.  so what is the deal with brown rice?  it always seems like it makes my yeast related symptoms flare up.  anyone know for sure on the millet and quinoa?  so count me in, and i am making a list of foods i can eat, so i will have something to refer to when i'm hungry.  i was eating a lot of eggs especially for breakfast, they are filling and work great when you can't have cereal, granola, toast, etc.   don't know what in the world i will eat.  sausage i guess.   :-\  i will be watching for more ideas. 
Welcome aboard, 4myhoonie!  I've been following your low carb saga w/ admiration.  You are so devoted!  I'm glad you have you doing this, too.   :-*  thank you!!  i've been feeling kinda lonely, like i was the only one!  now i have company!      ;D

I'm pretty sure millet is safe.  I love it as a hot creamy cereal (w/ milk and honey of course).   ::)  Not sure why brown rice makes you flare up?  What do you eat it w/?

well, i'm not exactly sure why, i would noramlly eat it with some stir fry, but also in chicken soup. 

so i guess i will add millet to my list and go dig it out of my freezer!  i think i will go really low carb from now til sunday, and then add millet and maybe the brown rice.  i still can't figure out why brown rice is ok?  i do have some brown rice pasta in case you gals figure out if that's doable.  looking forward to healing.....
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

YoopreMama

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 02:49:15 AM »
well, i'm not exactly sure why, i would normally eat it with some stir fry, but also in chicken soup. 

so i guess i will add millet to my list and go dig it out of my freezer!  i think i will go really low carb from now til sunday, and then add millet and maybe the brown rice.  i still can't figure out why brown rice is ok?  i do have some brown rice pasta in case you gals figure out if that's doable.  looking forward to healing.....
I'm going to start decreasing the carbs, too.  I'm waiting 'til Friday to start officially, b/c we have a birthday Sunday, and school will be a bit more intense starting Monday.  That will give me Fri-Sun w/ the worst (I think) of the withdrawal effects...DH will be home to help.   ;D

I'm hoping some others will join in, too, 4myhoonie.  :)  We can always extend personal invitations... :D

Some other questions:
Cloves--were these just swallowed whole?  The kind you put in oranges at Christmas? 

Pumpkin oil?  From where?  How about the seeds?

How about seeds, in general?  OK?

Blood purifiers teas?  Dandelion, burdock, yellow dock? 

Olive oil?

I plan to start peeling garlic cloves for swallowing. 

In checking out millet...it looks OK in small amounts.  Found this interesting diet plan...w/ 3 "menus" for increasing severity of candida:
http://candidapage.com/candiet.txt

Here's menu 3 for the most severe cases:

"The Nutrition Detective" by Nan Fuchs, Ph.D., Dist. by St. Martin's
Press, 1985.  ISBN 0-87477-350-4       (pp. 125-129)

Candida Diet No. 3:  Severe

Some people are debilitated by Candida and cannot function at work or can
barely get through the day. If you were exposed to high levels of
antibiotics as a child, or if you have had severe symptoms for more than four
years, go directly to this diet.
If your symptoms did not clear up with Diet
No. 2, advance to this one until they diminish.

Foods to Eliminate
Sugar in all forms, including honey, except occasional whole fresh fruit.
Fungus, molds, and yeast in all forms, including vitamins and minerals.
Most B vitamins (unless label states otherwise).
Most breads and commercial baked goods.
All alcoholic beverages.
Mushrooms.
Vinegar and all foods containing vinegar, including salad dressing,
          sauerkraut, green olives, pickled vegetables, and relishes.
Some crackers (read labels carefully for yeast ingredients).
Fermented products including soy sauce (tamari) and tofu.
Dry roasted nuts.
Barbecued potato chips.
Most commercial soups.
Apple cider and natural root beer.
White flour.
Bacon and other pork, which often contain molds.
Dried meat and smoked meat, fish of poultry, including sausage,
       hot dogs, luncheon meats, smoked turkey, and smoked salmon.
Nuts and seeds, which may contain mold.
All grains, except a little rice and millet.

Herb teas and spices (which may contain mold).
Wheat, oats, rye and barley, which contain gluten and can feed Candida.
Fruit and diluted fruit juices, high in fructose (fruit sugar).

Foods You Can Eat -- YEAH!! -- Here we go!
Eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, seafood, lamb, or veal, sauteed in a little
       butter or safflower oil or baked with vegetables.
Steamed, sauteed, or baked vegetables, especially onions, garlic,
       cabbage, broccoli, turnips, and kale.  All vegetables are fine
       except potatoes and corn, which are high in carbohydrates.

Sauteed vegetables with eggs on rice cakes, or a vegetable omelet.
Salads seasoned with safflower oil and a little fresh lemon juice.
Gazpacho, tomato-based fish chowder, vegetable soup, chicken or
       lamb stew.
Small quantities of rice and millet.  A cold rice salad with steamed
       vegetables, seasoned with oil and lemon juice; sauteed rice with
       shrimp, chicken, and vegetables, or simply steamed vegetables
       with either grain are a few ideas that will work on this program.
       Rice cakes, found in some supermarkets and health food stores,
       can be used instead of bread.
Vegetable sticks with guacamole dip (avocado, fresh tomatoes, onions,
       lemon juice, and a little salt) for a snack.

Supplements for Candida Diet No. 3

Yeast-free multi-vitamin/mineral.
Digestive enzymes with pancreatin after meals and before bed.
1000 milligrams vitamin C an hour (up to 10 grams/day) for immune
       system.
Acidophilus in large quantities (some brands, Ultradophilus, Maxidophilus,
       and so on have approx. 2 billion organisms per gram) to repopulate the
intestinal bacteria.  Take 1/2 teaspoon morning and evening on an empty
       stomach.
2 Teaspoons olive oil with 2 teaspoons oat bran, three times a day, to help
       keep fungus from crossing the intestinal barrier.
100 micrograms selenium three times a day, for immune system.
400 iu dry vitamin E two times a day for immune system.
20,000 iu beta carotene, for immune system
Pau D'Arco tea (taheebo tea), an herb tea from South America, which
       kills fungus, one cup three times a day.
Candex to improve immune response and eliminate the fungus.
Nystatin in powder form, available by medical prescription.

As soon as you are free from symptoms, begin reintroducing a few foods
slowly.  The last ones to add would be yeast, vinegar, and mushrooms.*  It
may be necessary for you to stay on the Candida Albicans Diet for a number of
months.  Doctors report a year or more is not unusual, but Fuchs has found by
combining supplements with diet, it is often possible to go back to the
Anti-Illness Diet more quickly.  The more thoroughly you are able to stay on
these diets, the faster you can eliminate excess Candida.  However, it is
better to be on a modified diet than on no diet at all.  Some patients would
rather eat sugar or have a glass of wine occasionally even though it may mean
being on the diet for a longer period of time.

Some things to consider...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:02:48 AM by Yooper »

Offline denisew

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:53:16 AM »
OK, so maybe I shouldn't post this here, though I am nursing and I have been thinking about doing something like this for a long time.  I am just lately getting very depressed that I am calling the baby blues.  My boy is almost 8 mo. old, so maybe it's not that.  Could doing this cleanse help with this problem?  I have really been craving the sugar lately and have not been eating that great.  So question.... my 10 yr old is allergic to soy, corn, all tree nuts & peanuts......AND MOLD!  So could these food allergies all be related to the mold?  I should be putting him on this diet too shouldn't I?  I have 5 boys and I think all of us would benefit from doing this.  We did a semi-low carb diet when I was trying to figure out what caused boy #4 eczema (dairy) so we already try to limit the dairy.  This is all so interesting to me.  It's like putting together a puzzle....
Denise in AL

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 03:58:50 AM »
couldn't find the millet, but do have some quinoa, didn't see that listed.  will probably use it and the brown rice in teeny tiny amounts.  had 2 sausages and plain black coffee this am.  and a big glass of water with my pile of pills.  :P  i am staying on what i have been taking which is:

6-8 acidophilus per day
1 or 2 primal defense ultra
4 candida clear
6 garlic softgels
3 aloe vera
1 1000 mg. l glutamine
6 CLO
1 omega 3-6-9 (more than that was causing nausea, so i cut back to 1 and will go up slowly)
2 NOW Eco Multi vitamin

i take the probiotics before meals and the others after.  they are split into 3 meals and 1 right before bed dose.  if you gals think something else would be beneficial to add, i am open to suggestions.  i got most of this regimen from HB, and added the garlic myself.  

YoopreMama

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 05:12:35 AM »
OK, so maybe I shouldn't post this here, though I am nursing and I have been thinking about doing something like this for a long time.  I am just lately getting very depressed that I am calling the baby blues.  My boy is almost 8 mo. old, so maybe it's not that.  Could doing this cleanse help with this problem?  I have really been craving the sugar lately and have not been eating that great.  So question.... my 10 yr old is allergic to soy, corn, all tree nuts & peanuts......AND MOLD!  So could these food allergies all be related to the mold?  I should be putting him on this diet too shouldn't I?  I have 5 boys and I think all of us would benefit from doing this.  We did a semi-low carb diet when I was trying to figure out what caused boy #4 eczema (dairy) so we already try to limit the dairy.  This is all so interesting to me.  It's like putting together a puzzle....
Denise in AL
Welcome!  :)
I think that the cleanse would help w/ mood, for sure.  Even upping your essential fatty acids...and I agree that the mold could be the real culprit.  Some other moms here have that going on w/ children...abbilynn, I think is one.  ;)

couldn't find the millet, but do have some quinoa, didn't see that listed.  will probably use it and the brown rice in teeny tiny amounts.  had 2 sausages and plain black coffee this am.  and a big glass of water with my pile of pills.  :P  i am staying on what i have been taking which is:

6-8 acidophilus per day
1 or 2 primal defense ultra
4 candida clear
6 garlic softgels
3 aloe vera
1 1000 mg. l glutamine
6 CLO
1 omega 3-6-9 (more than that was causing nausea, so i cut back to 1 and will go up slowly)
2 NOW Eco Multi vitamin

i take the probiotics before meals and the others after.  they are split into 3 meals and 1 right before bed dose.  if you gals think something else would be beneficial to add, i am open to suggestions.  i got most of this regimen from HB, and added the garlic myself.  
That looks like a good list!

What's in the candida clear?

Why l-glutamine?

I need to find some aloe vera, and we have liquid Nystatin...I wonder if that would be OK instead of the powder.

Looking for dig. enzymes w/ lipase and pancreatin.

What do we think of the olive oil/oat bran suggestion?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:08:14 AM »
What's in the candida clear?  it's the same as yeast assassin, not ok for nursing/pregnancy.

Why l-glutamine? to heal the gut lining i think

I need to find some aloe vera, and we have liquid Nystatin...I wonder if that would be OK instead of the powder. is Nystatin ok for nursing? and how did you manage to get that???

Looking for dig. enzymes w/ lipase and pancreatin. i have NOW super enzymes with 3,400 USP units of LIpase and it says that the pancreatin is 200 mg which includes amylase, protease, & Lipase.

What do we think of the olive oil/oat bran suggestion?  not sure yet.

YoopreMama

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 06:53:28 AM »
I need to find some aloe vera, and we have liquid Nystatin...I wonder if that would be OK instead of the powder. is Nystatin ok for nursing? and how did you manage to get that??? Um...a relative had Chrohn's and gets it prescribed often for thrush.  Not sure about while nursing.  Good question.

Looking for dig. enzymes w/ lipase and pancreatin. i have NOW super enzymes with 3,400 USP units of LIpase and it says that the pancreatin is 200 mg which includes amylase, protease, & Lipase. I've had those before...

What do we think of the olive oil/oat bran suggestion?  not sure yet. Me, too.

What about milk thistle?

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »
Wow.  So many replies since last night!  Okay, I'll attempt to answer them.  I went to a friend's house and made a TON of herbal capsules all in one day, except for the garlic because it's fresh and wet and I had to make those each day.  I took:

milk thistle (that I bought from Bulk Herb Store and made into capsules),
clove (ground, not whole because they'd be too dense to absorb, and I made into capsules)
garlic (fresh ground and I made into capsules, daily because they melt the gelatin caps)
diatomaceous earth from BHS and I made into capsules
fenugreek (from BHS and I made into capsules, for blood purifyer)
horsetail shavegrass (from BHS and I made into capsules)
pumpkin oil capsules (from vitacost.com)
pumpkin oil (on salads) from vitacost.com
Candida Cleanse (Rainbow Light brand from vitacost.com)
Natures Secret ParaStroy (from vitacost.com)
NSI 15-35 probiotic (from vitacost.com)
1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil
1 Tablespoon of cod liver oil
1 Tablespoon of Hot Tonic and 1T of Braggs ACV

I felt that because I was cleansing I needed the best probiotics, especially since I wasn't doing any cultured kefir because of the milk sugars.

I take 1 T of black strap molasses now, but I didn't take them while I was fasting because of the sugar.

Because I was breastfeeding I wanted to make sure that I had LOTS of good fat, so the Coconut oil and cod liver oil and all the butter was helpful.

I didn't take calcium because I was eating SO many vegetables.  Boy did I miss fruit...

Corn is a carbohydrate (sugar... grain...) so none of that.  Potatoes are, too, so only sweet potatoes (a tuber) and those in moderation.

Yes, I did make and eat pre-made brown rice pasta.  Smothered in butter, of course.

And my husband reminded me that I didn't eat hummus until after the fast, even though I mentioned it above as tahini.

Seeds are fine, especially pumpkin

I didn't do any teas, but they'd have been good.  The ParaStroy has black walnut, so I didn't do any of that because I didn't want to overwhelm my liver.  You also want to drink TONS AND TONS of water to help your kidneys.  I also drank the juice and pulp of one lemon each day to help my gallbladder not get overwhelmed.  (You can see above that I also too milk thistle, fenugreek, vinegar and horsetail to help.)

I didn't ever pass any stones or sludge, but my poop went from fluffy/round to flat/square.  I attribute this to no gluten.  I also lost 3 lbs. of what I think was just intestinal gunk.

I didn't use any olive oil except on salads/dips.

I took Cipro (antibiotics) like they were tic-tacs when I was a kid.  I'm sure that all the anti-biotics screwed up my good flora because I've always eated a lot of yoghurt my whole life.

Yes, this was very much like a puzzle for me too, DeniseW.  I've suffered from depression since adolescence as a result of a thyroid problem which is a result of the yeast/candida.  I've felt SO MUCH RELIEF from that since fasting.  Not during the fast.  During the fast I was horrid-- the worst I've ever felt.  I imagine getting off yeast and starving it was like quitting smoking or drugs.  I went through awful withdrawal.

My eczema and seasonal allergies as well as pet allergies are almost completely gone!  I can mow the grass for the first time in my whole life... and I don't even use a mask!  My skin used to break open and bleed, but not now.

All the oils are for your brain, and to help heal your gut from the parasite and yeast overgrowth.

---------------

Now that the cleanse is over, I drink broth one day a week and I still take the coconut oil, molasses, and cod liver oil and probiotics every day to stave off regrowth.

I also take hot tonic, vinegar and molasses every other day or more as needed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:12:39 AM by ShabbyChic »
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 11:17:10 AM »
For a sample menu of a day:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs with garlic and cayenne pepper
(Size AA pills) 2 of garlic, one diatomaceous earth, one cloves, one milk thistle, one tummy tune up, one fenugreek, one horsetail shavegrass, and one Rainbow Light Candida Cleanse
One tablespoon coconut oil
One teaspoon cod liver oil
One tablespoon Braggs raw apple cider vinegar
One tablespoon tonic (hot juice)

Lunch:
rice, yellow and green squash, and TONS of butter

Dinner:
a giant salad with spinach leaves, carrots, chicken, cucumber
a little balsamic vinegar and pumpkin oil on top
2 garlic pills, one tummy tune up
the rest of the supplements

I've also had "moment of weakness" snacks of 1/2 cup of kefir with stevia and 5-6 blueberries or 1/2 a grapefruit.  They are low glycemic and do not affect the anti-yeast/anti candida diet which contains no sugar, grains, or carbohydrates of any kind.  And I drink TONS of water.  TONS.

My good friend Darla got creative in the kitchen and made me some "smoothies" with ice cubes, cocoa powder, stevia and fresh mint when I desperately needed chocolate.

YoopreMama

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 02:08:59 PM »
Wow.  So many replies since last night!  Okay, I'll attempt to answer them.  I went to a friend's house and made a TON of herbal capsules all in one day, except for the garlic because it's fresh and wet and I had to make those each day.  THANKS for the detailed replies!   :-*  Re: the garlic, I plan to swallow whole cloves...will that still be effective?  I don't see me grinding it and putting it in capsules.   ::)

I took:

milk thistle (that I bought from Bulk Herb Store and made into capsules), I will order or buy locally.  I wonder if Vitacost is cheaper than local co-op stores?  I think so...
clove (ground, not whole because they'd be too dense to absorb, and I made into capsules) Thanks for that tip.  I think I'll grind and capsule these...
garlic (fresh ground and I made into capsules, daily because they melt the gelatin caps)
diatomaceous earth from BHS and I made into capsules Thinking on this one...does Vitacost have it?  Nope.  Trying to make ONE purchase...
Fenugreek (from BHS and I made into capsules, for blood purifier) Interesting choice for blood purifying--doesn't it have some hormonal effect?  Good for milk?  Why not dandelion or burdock or yellow dock (high in iron, helps w/ irregularity)?
horsetail shavegrass (from BHS and I made into capsules) Have this...
pumpkin oil capsules (from vitacost.com)
pumpkin oil (on salads) from vitacost.com Are both necessary?
Candida Cleanse (Rainbow Light brand from vitacost.com) I see that has Pau D'Arco and Black Walnut...is that why the fenugreek--to combat their tendency to decrease the milk supply?
Natures Secret ParaStroy (from vitacost.com) I see this is a 2-part package...did you do one and not the other [the one w/ the Black walnut]?
NSI 15-35 probiotic (from vitacost.com) Looks GOOD!
1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil
1 Tablespoon of cod liver oil
1 Tablespoon of Hot Tonic Is this Schulze's Power Tonic?  Have that, if so...
and 1T of Braggs ACV Have...

I felt that because I was cleansing I needed the best probiotics, especially since I wasn't doing any cultured kefir because of the milk sugars.  I agree...

I take 1 T of black strap molasses now, but I didn't take them while I was fasting because of the sugar.  Thanks for clarifying!

Because I was breastfeeding I wanted to make sure that I had LOTS of good fat, so the Coconut oil and cod liver oil and all the butter was helpful.

I didn't take calcium because I was eating SO many vegetables.  Boy did I miss fruit... I know I will, too, but not as much as MILK.  :'(

Corn is a carbohydrate (sugar... grain...) so none of that.  Potatoes are, too, so only sweet potatoes (a tuber) and those in moderation. Already preparing to say farewell to corn chips...

Yes, I did make and eat pre-made brown rice pasta.  Smothered in butter, of course. Oooh...that is good news!

And my husband reminded me that I didn't eat hummus until after the fast, even though I mentioned it above as tahini. Is there something bad in hummus--the tamari?

Seeds are fine, especially pumpkin I was hoping so, even though some say there's the mold potential.

I didn't do any teas, but they'd have been good.  The ParaStroy has black walnut, so I didn't do any of that because I didn't want to overwhelm my liver.  You also want to drink TONS AND TONS of water to help your kidneys.  I also drank the juice and pulp of one lemon each day to help my gallbladder not get overwhelmed.  (You can see above that I also too milk thistle, fenugreek, vinegar and horsetail to help.) SO did you take anything from the Parastroy?

I didn't ever pass any stones or sludge, but my poop went from fluffy/round to flat/square. Weird.   :D  You're a good sport for reporting what we want to know but don't ask.   ::)  I attribute this to no gluten.  I also lost 3 lbs. of what I think was just intestinal gunk. I didn't think you had weight to lose!

I didn't use any olive oil except on salads/dips.

I took Cipro (antibiotics) like they were tic-tacs when I was a kid.  I'm sure that all the anti-biotics screwed up my good flora because I've always eaten a lot of yoghurt my whole life.  I was on antibiotics at birth--had e. coli spinal meningitis...wasn't breastfed, and probably had more antibiotics for subsequent ear infections. 

Yes, this was very much like a puzzle for me too, DeniseW.  I've suffered from depression since adolescence as a result of a thyroid problem which is a result of the yeast/candida.  I've felt SO MUCH RELIEF from that since fasting.  Not during the fast.  During the fast I was horrid-- the worst I've ever felt.  Heh heh, you mean just the first few days, right?    I imagine getting off yeast and starving it was like quitting smoking or drugs.  I went through awful withdrawal.  For how long?  Gulp.

My eczema and seasonal allergies as well as pet allergies are almost completely gone!  I can mow the grass for the first time in my whole life... and I don't even use a mask!  My skin used to break open and bleed, but not now.  THAT makes it so worth it, no?

All the oils are for your brain, and to help heal your gut from the parasite and yeast overgrowth.  No aloe vera?

---------------

Now that the cleanse is over, I drink broth one day a week and I still take the coconut oil, molasses, and cod liver oil and probiotics every day to stave off regrowth.

I also take hot tonic, vinegar and molasses every other day or more as needed.
So...are you eating "bad" things or no?  Do you feel like you're "cured"?  How did baby handle the 40 days?

Thanks SO much for sharing your experience, and answering so many questions!   :-*

For a sample menu of a day:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs with garlic and cayenne pepper
(Size AA pills) 2 of garlic, one diatomaceous earth, one cloves, one milk thistle, one tummy tune up, one fenugreek, one horsetail shavegrass, and one Rainbow Light Candida Cleanse
One tablespoon coconut oil
One teaspoon cod liver oil
One tablespoon Braggs raw apple cider vinegar
One tablespoon tonic (hot juice)

Lunch:
rice, yellow and green squash, and TONS of butter

Dinner:
a giant salad with spinach leaves, carrots, chicken, cucumber
a little balsamic vinegar and pumpkin oil on top
2 garlic pills, one tummy tune up
the rest of the supplements

I've also had "moment of weakness" snacks of 1/2 cup of kefir with stevia and 5-6 blueberries or 1/2 a grapefruit.  They are low glycemic and do not affect the anti-yeast/anti candida diet which contains no sugar, grains, or carbohydrates of any kind.  And I drink TONS of water.  TONS.

My good friend Darla got creative in the kitchen and made me some "smoothies" with ice cubes, cocoa powder, stevia and fresh mint when I desperately needed chocolate.
I'm so glad you shared your sweet fixes.  I imagine I'll be looking to indulge from time to time.  ::)  Thanks for the menu...I can picture me losing some weight here.   ;D 

YoopreMama

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 02:24:47 AM »
Another question... ;D

Did you take anything specifically to keep things moving, so as to minimize reabsorption of toxins, thus decreasing detox symptoms?

And vinegar was OK...good news for salads!

Anything you didn't take that was recommended?

Going shopping... :D

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 04:41:15 AM »
Another question... ;D

Did you take anything specifically to keep things moving, so as to minimize reabsorption of toxins, thus decreasing detox symptoms?

And vinegar was OK...good news for salads!

Anything you didn't take that was recommended?

Going shopping... :D

i'm eating my very sad breakfast of 2 sausage patties, and they are so yucky without an egg and some toast to go around them.  and not exactly good when trying to make sure parasites are gone.  what in the world can i eat for breakfast?  i have a high metabolism and things like rice leave me starving.  looking for ideas.

i guess i will consult my maker's diet book too........

i am taking 1/2 scoop of Super Seed in 8 oz. of grapefruit juice right before bed.  i struggle with constipation.  it is from the allergens, but even without them i wasn't regular daily.  it always works great.  it's much more tasty (like cinnamon) than psyllium husks.  it has tons of sprouted seeds in it.  i wasn't taking this all along, or it may have actually worked.  i was probably reabsorbing the toxins.  i started having vag. yeast i couldn't kill, so that is probably why.

i take this Chinese formula, it is supposed to be for Liver qi stagnation, i was trying to figure out if one of these herbs was milk thistle.  is that what it's for?  anyway, that is the closest thing i have to it.  if not i would need to order some.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 03:11:31 AM »

I do wonder though if Quiona & Amaranth would be allowed? They are both part of the Beet/Spinach family; not related to wheat, corn, etc.; are high in protein & lower in carb; alkalizing & easy to digest. I know they are allowed on the Body Ecology diet so maybe?

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

hi gals!  anyone started yet?  YOOPER??  where are you??  well, after digging through all my freezers, i can't find my millet, but i do have amaranth and quinoa.  does anyone know if these would work as well as rice?  i am using rice and i think it is working very well, but just wondered cuz it takes sooo long to cook.  also, about the rice, is there a limit per day?  such as a certain # of cups or ounces that should be stayed under?  i had some for lunch and dinner and so far so good.  

i won't officially start for a week or so, but will be following it as best as i can til the 13th or 14th.  

i reread the maker's diet phase one.  it doesn't seem so hard with some support.  there are a few things i won't do either.  i thought (per HB's original post on yeast overgrowth) that kefir and kombucha were both beneficial in killing it?  i thought the grains used up the lactose in the milk?  so shabby--did your dr. say why not to use them?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:19:34 AM by 4myhoonie »

YoopreMama

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 03:28:36 AM »
Hi!   ;D

Still here--will check in tonight--starting Friday, officially, but weaning from carbs and dairy now.   :(

Have school, so will be back... ;)

Hoping Shabby will check in, too.   :)

P.S.
What kind of brown rice are you using?  I have brown basmati rice...does that matter?

Also going to take regular Epsom salt baths...do the lemon thing...looking at Candex [enzymes that break down candida cell walls (?)] vs. Candida stuff w/ Black Walnut and Pau d'Arco.  Still reading the thread on nursing and attacking yeast for ideas...looking at spaghetti squash and spaghetti sauce as a possible meal...more later...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:55:45 AM by Yooper »

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »
Hey girls... I'm here with ya!  No, I didn't use anything to keep the bowels moving because I ate so many vegetables and didn't have trouble with that.  With candida die off there is a lot of gas and bloat, though, so be warned!   :D 

And I used organic long grain brown rice from our co-op.  I don't know what makes basmati basmati... if it's a species or a brand.   ???  Sorry I can't help.

And eat all the eggs you want!  I saw that someone is eating sausage and no eggs.  Eggs are fine (unless it's a personal reason that I've missed...)

Keep it up!  Fill me in!

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
Okay, count me in Yooper and 4myhoonie! I know I need to get rid of yeast bad. I've had a reoccuring vaginal yeast infection for over a year now and am seriously addicted to carbs and sugars these days. I've done the makers diet for 40 days before so I think I can do this.  I want this to be the beginning of a lifelong commitment to having a healthy gut flora too. My baby is only 3 weeks old though...is that to little to do a cleanse? I'm totally pp and a little overwhelmed in general so I could use some help with the supplement choices. Could someone just tell me what to take and I'll do it? I'm gonna put the whole fam on this diet too. We'll be starting this upcoming friday. I'm excited to kill yeast and lose weight too. I have 30 lbs to lose!!! I'm gonna forgo the vinegar and use lemon juice instead too because I know that vinegar can feed yeast and I really need to kick this. Thanks Yooper for getting all this info. compiled! I'll keep ya all posted.
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
I don't think that 3 weeks is too young.  Just be prepared, all y'all nursing moms, that my little girl had diaper rash when I cleansed.  In fact, I did a one week cleanse with the candida cleanse tablets last week jut to help move some white bread I'd eaten and she got the diaper rash like that (Picture me snapping my fingers  ;D )  So if you see the face break out or the diaper rash... you know why...

And also, my friend reminded me that drinking lots of water is the key to you not getting an infection while you're cleansing!

YoopreMama

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »
i'm eating my very sad breakfast of 2 sausage patties, and they are so yucky without an egg and some toast to go around them.  and not exactly good when trying to make sure parasites are gone.  what in the world can i eat for breakfast?  i have a high metabolism and things like rice leave me starving.  looking for ideas.

i guess i will consult my maker's diet book too........

i am taking 1/2 scoop of Super Seed in 8 oz. of grapefruit juice right before bed.  i struggle with constipation.  it is from the allergens, but even without them i wasn't regular daily.  it always works great.  it's much more tasty (like cinnamon) than psyllium husks.  it has tons of sprouted seeds in it.  i wasn't taking this all along, or it may have actually worked.  i was probably reabsorbing the toxins.  i started having vag. yeast i couldn't kill, so that is probably why.

i take this Chinese formula, it is supposed to be for Liver qi stagnation, i was trying to figure out if one of these herbs was milk thistle.  is that what it's for?  anyway, that is the closest thing i have to it.  if not i would need to order some.
That sounds like one SAD breakfast, 4MH... :'(  Too bad you can't have eggs.  I'm counting on those to help...I'll try some cream of millet and brown rice...won't be the same w/o milk and maple syrup, but...I'll miss my fried potatoes, too--what can I fry in garlic, butter and onions for breakfast...hmmm....cauliflower?   :D  How much fat are you getting?

That Super Seed sounds good/effective.  Is there much sugar in grapefruit juice?

Milk thistle is for liver support, yes.  I don't know about liver qi stuff, but I suspect it's working to help your lived during detox.

I do wonder though if Quinoa & Amaranth would be allowed? They are both part of the Beet/Spinach family; not related to wheat, corn, etc.; are high in protein & lower in carb; alkalizing & easy to digest. I know they are allowed on the Body Ecology diet so maybe?

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom
hi gals!  anyone started yet?  YOOPER??  where are you??  well, after digging through all my freezers, i can't find my millet, but i do have amaranth and quinoa.  does anyone know if these would work as well as rice?  i am using rice and i think it is working very well, but just wondered cuz it takes sooo long to cook.  also, about the rice, is there a limit per day?  such as a certain # of cups or ounces that should be stayed under?  i had some for lunch and dinner and so far so good. 

i won't officially start for a week or so, but will be following it as best as i can til the 13th or 14th. 

i reread the maker's diet phase one.  it doesn't seem so hard with some support.  there are a few things i won't do either.  i thought (per HB's original post on yeast overgrowth) that kefir and kombucha were both beneficial in killing it?  i thought the grains used up the lactose in the milk?  so shabby--did your dr. say why not to use them?
I think quinoa's on my list...I don't care for amaranth  :P--have some amaranth flakes cold cereal.   I had some good quinoa cold salad once...have to look that up.

I don't know about rice limits, but I'm making a pot up and heating it up as needed.  I think I'll be eating more tuna and eggs and brown rice PASTA...we'll see.  I started cutting back on dairy and carbs today--hard, after birthday cake yesterday (yummy GF carrot cake w/ cream cheese frosting).  Drinking lots of water and fighting off a headache.

I'm curious about the kefir and kombucha, too...but I suspect that any dairy until my gut is healed will cause troubles.   :(
Hey girls... I'm here with ya!  No, I didn't use anything to keep the bowels moving because I ate so many vegetables and didn't have trouble with that.  With candida die off there is a lot of gas and bloat, though, so be warned!   :D 

And I used organic long grain brown rice from our co-op.  I don't know what makes basmati basmati... if it's a species or a brand.   ???  Sorry I can't help.

And eat all the eggs you want!  I saw that someone is eating sausage and no eggs.  Eggs are fine (unless it's a personal reason that I've missed...)

Keep it up!  Fill me in!

Thanks for being our faithful leader and supporter!  :-*

I appreciate the warnings on gas/bloating/diaper rashes...I'm sure I'll notify you all of my sufferings.   :D

I'll check on basmati...long grain may be "better".

Okay, count me in Yooper and 4myhoonie! I know I need to get rid of yeast bad. I've had a reoccurring vaginal yeast infection for over a year now and am seriously addicted to carbs and sugars these days. I've done the makers diet for 40 days before so I think I can do this.  I want this to be the beginning of a lifelong commitment to having a healthy gut flora too. My baby is only 3 weeks old though...is that to little to do a cleanse? I'm totally pp and a little overwhelmed in general so I could use some help with the supplement choices. Could someone just tell me what to take and I'll do it? I'm gonna put the whole fam on this diet too. We'll be starting this upcoming friday. I'm excited to kill yeast and lose weight too. I have 30 lbs to lose!!! I'm gonna forgo the vinegar and use lemon juice instead too because I know that vinegar can feed yeast and I really need to kick this. Thanks Yooper for getting all this info. compiled! I'll keep ya all posted.
Welcome aboard, Mommyjen (and congrats, by the way on Lewis!)!  You are brave to add this to your newly acquired postpartum status, but I'm glad you're here.   ;D

I'm still sorting out the supplements myself...good probiotics, good fats, maybe those Candex enzymes vs. stuff w/ Pau d'Arco/B. Walnut, olive leaf?, pumpkin seed oil, milk thistle, garlic, my pre-natal vitamins, CLO, coconut oil,...

Off to guzzle more water.   ::)

P.S.  Yoopermom2--you joining us still?   8)

P.S.2  I'm looking into brown rice being starchy and not good for killing yeast...???

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:07:41 PM by Yooper »

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »
Here's an idea for a side dish to help replace potatoes, etc.

I feel best when I eat low carb due to yeast/fungus. Anyway, something I find filling, good on the carbs & antifungal to boot is to saute a onion or 2 (sliced into half rings or chopped) in butter, add chopped garlic near the end & season to taste. Onions aren't totally low carb but since they are antifungal it works for me. I eat them instead of pasta, potatoes, etc. Surprisingly it's filling too. I serve it with meat & something green & I have a full plate with out bread, potatoes, etc. it's  also easy to make no matter what else the rest are eating. If they are eating a main dish I can't eat I cook up a hamburger patty or something like that. HTH

Chopped they would be more like potato 'home fries'- not exact but they are good.

Also sauteed zucchini or other summer squash. Even DH who is a potato fanatic says that if I cubed zucchini & cooked it like home fries he would eat it.

Spaghetti squash can replace pasta.

I haven't tried it but I've heard of using shredded zucchini or zucchini cut into matchsticks & either steamed or sauteed instead of pasta with spaghetti sauce, etc.

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 07:46:01 PM »
Howdy Girls!  I am on board for this one!  As for the spag squash replacing pasta......... my MIL does this!  She has several cookbooks from Hallelujah Acres where they do mostly raw foods.  She can make an entire dinner and have the different entrees ALL RAW.  If you all are interested I can get the cookbooks and pass some of the recipes on.  I particularly liked the "spaghetti and sauce" recipe. 

I am also wondering what supplements I absolutely need.  I am not nursing, I am older and overweight.  :'( :-[  I have supermoms, yeast assassin, paratox(similar to YA), milk thistle, a liver detoxification supplement by NOW, TTU, 8 Billion Acidophiles, cod liver oil, coconut oil, cloves, fenugreek, and lots of fresh garlic.  Is there anything else I really need? 
Jen, I really appreciate you giving me the heads up on this one.
Looking forward to Friday!
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 02:27:13 AM »
Hey, count me in too!!  I was out of town for a couple days so I didn't see this or I'd have been on board earlier. This is EXACTLY what I need...  A simple enough dietary plan, and a support group to boot! 8) I just read through this whole thread (it's long already!) and am thinking on it. I need to go get my babies up and cared for, but I'll be checking back in later...

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 03:30:40 AM »
hi gals!  i am so excited to have all of you joining in!  i am still trying to figure out what to eat instead of eggs.  i tried eating them with super enzymes to help with digestion (since i am allergic to them as a result of yeast overgrowth) but after 2 days i am constipated already.  i have taken fiber two nights in a row and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.  i know that this is the reason the other cleanse didn't work for me, cuz i was always constipated.  i am surrounded by cheese, beef and eggs (my 3 main allergens) and it is going to be very hard for me to find things to eat without going broke.  any breakfast ideas?  it says in the Maker's Diet not to eat pork.  i am at a total loss.  i really don't care for eating other foods for breakfast, but i suppose i could eat a salad.  i really don't think i can eat rice at every meal, too light and fluffy.  i thought about just fasting that one meal.  (not pregnant or nursing)  any ideas on what to eat would be appreciated.  looking forward to getting started!  hope the detox stuff doesn't get too bad. 

amazon mama--your supps sound a lot like what i am taking, and i really can't afford to order anything extra right now.  sounds good!

Offline blessedmama

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 04:17:04 AM »
4myhoonie, we too are allergic to eggs in our home and I have discovered that we can eat quail which are always in season, you might check the asian markets to see if the carry any, they usually do.  As well as duck eggs, goose, guinea hen eggs etc.  However they are all seasonal except the quail eggs.  It takes 3 quail eggs to equal one chicken egg but they are so good and it is such a pleasure to have eggs again.  I get mine from a local man who raises, ducks, quail, pheasant, geese etc and he always has a bunch.  HTH
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no, she's awake."  Above Rubies e-newsletter

www.homesteadblogger.com/prestonacreage