Author Topic: Shabby's 40 Day Nursing Mama's Yeast Cleanse...  (Read 65093 times)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Shabby's 40 Day Nursing Mama's Yeast Cleanse...
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »
Any nursing Mama's still doing the Yeast Cleanse? I'm about to start, as well as our entire family.

Is there any validity to that Candida test where you spit in a glass of water first thing in the a.m. ? We did that and according to that test, everyone in our family except the baby has Candida! (7 out of 8 ) I did read that 89% of Americans have it, most unknowingly.

Just looking for sympathizers, uh, I mean support!  ;)

it was very true for me.  i could never pull it off, trying to get the kids to do it, without eating or drinking first. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,995.msg6946.html#msg6946 is the thread on foods to eat while fighting candida.  Better start reading it... :D

I may try modifying my GF pancake recipe...it may work for the 40 day plan.  That would be fabulous (using brown rice and/or millet).  The liquid is supposed to be sour milk...even kombucha worked...maybe a nice tea for extra flavor?    ???

Made a yummy French Onion soup today...and added bacon, spinach, and brown rice.  Yeah, I snuck on some Parmesan.  ::)  Too bad PB isn't included (or raw honey).   :-[

Placed my order...glad I have lots of blueberries... ::)  That chocolate mint drink will be on the menu, too. 

hey yooper! just wondering if you have posted this GF recipe somewhere?  maybe you could send it to me on facebook, since WTM isn't working too well lately.  have to do it without dairy & eggs too.  :-\  is that even possible?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

YoopreMama

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »
The pancake recipe?  Totally doable w/o diary and eggs.  Will post...

YoopreMama

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »
Blender Pancakes/Waffles

AMOUNT: ~18 pancakes. Waffles: 4-5?
GF, soy and nut free; can be CF, egg free

1. Blend
2 Tbs. olive oil (optional for crispness)
1 tsp. vanilla (optional, omit if using buckwheat)
~1 1/2 + c. grain of choice (we use about equal proportions of brown rice, millet & oats...the millet makes it SOO good. We have made w/ only brown rice or only oats. Buckwheat or sorghum are tasty, too).
~1 3/4 c. buttermilk (we use some yogurt, whey, lemon juice or vinegar to sour our raw milk. Kombucha works well, too!  So does lemon juice in water or rice milk.)

The batter should always swirl in a vortex. If not, slowly add more liquid until it does (sour milk). Batter may be thicker for pancakes.

2. Cover blender, let sit at room temperature 6-8 hours or overnight.

3. Preheat waffle at highest temp., or griddle on medium-high.

4. Just before baking, add & re-blend on highest speed:
1 egg (optional)
additional liquid, if needed
1 Tbs. cinnamon (optional)
1-2 Tbs. flax seed (optional)
banana (optional)

5. Blend in thoroughly, but briefly:
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda (makes them fluffier, can decrease to 1/2 t.)
1/2 tsp. salt (to taste--ours is a scant 1/2 t.)

6. Pour on lightly sprayed surface...cook waffles about 4 minutes. Cook pancakes until bubbles on unbaked side begin to break. Turn and finish cooking.

Offline leahsfunny7

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2011, 12:57:18 PM »
Is anyone still doing this or has done this??? Started on it and my baby has a fever .. just wondering if this is ok or  not??

thank you