Author Topic: Is there a link between hormones,candida, and hemmorhoids??  (Read 14916 times)

Offline libbo

• Wide Eyed
Is there a link between hormones,candida, and hemmorhoids??
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:30:29 AM »
I have been on natural hormone replacement for about 4 months.  I am suffering from yeast infections, and now hemmorhoids. Could too much estrogen,progesterone, and testestorone be the cause???  I feel much better with mood swings, night sweats, memory, etc.  Just wondering if you can get built back up and not need treatments as often?? I get an injection every month.

Offline libbo

• Wide Eyed
Re: Is there a link between hormones,candida, and hemmorhoids??
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »
I have been on natural  hormone replacement for about 4 months.  I am now experiencing yeast infections and now hemorhoids. Can too much estrogen, progesterone,and testesterone be the problem?? Can your body get built back up and not need therapy as often? I get an injection once a month.

Offline jenstar

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »
I really do not know anything about hormone therapy, but if you have a yeast infection, you probably are irregular and constipated which would result in hemorrhoids. The good bacteria in the gut keep the mucus lining healthy... which helps things pass through easily. If this is damaged, waste just has no lubrication  :P. There is a good thread on hemorrhoids if you search for it ;)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
I can't substantiate this as yet(*hopefully coming this winter  ;)), but it appears that hemorrhoids, varicose veins,and related are linked to liver congestion. Replacement hormones, birth control and similar really, really build up in your liver. Of course straining and decreased circulation due to constipation will increase problems.

Offline cjanderin

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »
Don't know if they are related or just coincidence but this pregnancy is different to my other four because I cannot get rid of a yeast infection, which I've never had before and I've got hemmorhoids, even without taking iron supplements (which is what normally causes them for me).  The only difference that I can think of between this pregnancy and others is that I am now on thyroid medication which has only happened in the last few months.  But both the thrush and the hemmorhoids began at around the same time, almost as soon as I became pregnant.  :'(

Erin :)  Wifey to Chris and mummy to Marcail (10), Alex (8), Joel (6), Timothy (4), Zipporah (3) and Jeremiah (8months).

Offline anb

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 04:05:09 AM »
That's a really good question!!  I never really thought about it, but when I was on the pill, I had the same problems.  Once I was able to get off of it, then I cleansed for yeast.  I haven't had anything like a yeast infection or hemmorhoids in nearly 6 months.  Which is the exact same time that I came off the pill and killed the yeast.....  Hm.  I can't even begin to say that I know, but I think you're on to something.  Here's a bump, for what it's worth :)

Offline jhandrh

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 05:07:33 AM »
I can't substantiate this as yet(*hopefully coming this winter  ;)), but it appears that hemorrhoids, varicose veins,and related are linked to liver congestion. Replacement hormones, birth control and similar really, really build up in your liver. Of course straining and decreased circulation due to constipation will increase problems.

Very interesting.  I never put that together but it doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility based on my experiences:
 1) on/off bcp's for years, between having babies to manage polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos)
 2) bcp's resulted in monthly yeast infections that showed up almost like clockwork the week before my period--dr's method of managing this was to give me diflucan several times monthly
 3) once off bcp's, yeast infection incidents dropped dramatically
 4) hemorrhoids as off/on problem, also minor spider veins in legs
 5) gallbladder removed several years ago
THEN when I started down the road of trying to heal my body naturally from PCOS:
 1) found that I still have gravel in the area where my gallbladder was, and also in my liver
 2) Yeast infections disappeared after taking probiotics, and have not returned for months
 3) tested positive for parasites in liver, pancreas, uterus

NOW where I'm at:  did a colon cleanse, almost done with a parasite cleanse, currently treating with Dr Clark zapper for parasites as well; did a 2 day fast followed by eliminating white sugar and wheat flour (white and whole) from my diet, as well as most dairy. 
Hemorrhoids are now gone.  They haven't been a problem for some months.  I atributed it also to propping my feet up while using the bathroom but I began doing that about the same time the probiotics kicked in...so it's a little hard to say I guess.  (but since I'm planning to do a liver flush after the parasites are killed, I'm wondering if they will make a brief appearance when I, uh, spend a lot of quality time in the bathroom in the process of the flush) ??? ::)
Anyway, there's my experience for what it's worth in this department.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
Candida can cause hormonal upset along with digestive upset.  Candida thrives on sugar and it can convert progesterone into sugar for food.  This can cause a depletion in progesterone levels and an unhealthy abundance of estrogen.

Candida can cause a condition called Leaky Gut after mutating and poking holes into the lining of the intestines.  This condition can cause a number of digestive problems including constipation which then could lead to hemorrhoids.

Here's a list of other symptoms and things you can do to fix it.

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »
When creating a new topic, please only create it once.  Unnecessary duplication of topics can create confusion and make it more difficult to search for and/or reference topics.

Thank you.

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!