Author Topic: Energy  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Lauren007

• Learning
Energy
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:10:03 AM »
Hello!

My friend wants me to make him something (i.e tinctures, tea's, etc.) to help him increase his energy level. I have the Jungle Juice Tincture (from bulk herb store), but I was wondering if you all had any other suggestions. What I could make, herbs I could buy, etc....? Thank you!  ;D

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
Re: Energy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:35:14 AM »
If you could share some of what his current diet and supplements are, and why he is needing the energy that would probably help with more targeted, quality replies. 

A nutritious diet is the first place to start with having good energy levels.
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
I agree with Gwen.  By taking something, he might be masking a problem that needs addressing, however, if he's just lacking in nutrition, then he might consider SuperDad's and some Cod Liver Oil.  The combination will provide significant amounts of nutrition in one stop.  The CLO will aid in the digestion of the vitamins and minerals, add necessary vit D which is essential to energy levels and absorption of other minerals.  If he wants to take one or the other, I would go with the CLO first.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Lauren007

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »
He is in excellent health and eats very good. Currently he is going to college, working 20 + hours a week, and plays for a soccer club. He needs something to keep his energy up and mind sharp for all of the above. I have am going to buy him some bee pollen from a local couple sell fresh bee pollen. I also have been digging around in my herb books for formula's. I am pretty sure he is looking for a quick acting energy stimulant. Which would work best tincture or a combination of food, supplement, and tincture?

I just read about Indian pennywort? Has anyone tried it and does it work?

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »
The best thing I have ever found for my DH is Dr. Christopher's Vitalerbs, if I remember to give them to him regularly (2 3x a day) his energy is always good even when he is doing long, HARD work. If I don't give it to him and he comes home dragging after a long hard days work then within 15-20 minutes his energy is high and he feels great! We order it bulk, which is the link I have at the bottom, and I encapsulate it myself. 1 16oz bulk package lasts us about a half to a full year (depending on if we take it regularly) and it is made from whole foods so no overdosing and your body gets all it needs from just a small amount. I love this product and will never get regular vitamins again, not even whole food vitamins like those from Standard Process.

( http://www.herbshopconnection.com/christopher-formulations-1/bulk-11/vitalerbs-powder-16-oz-274.html )

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:23:57 PM »
He is in excellent health and eats very good. Currently he is going to college, working 20 + hours a week, and plays for a soccer club. He needs something to keep his energy up and mind sharp for all of the above.

How about Kombucha?  Check out this thread:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,832.0.html
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.