Author Topic: Group B Strep (GBS) in Pregnancy  (Read 65849 times)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Group B Strep (GBS) in Pregnancy
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2010, 05:21:24 AM »
You're welcome. In the meantime, if you have or can get alfalfa, beet, milk thistle, chlorophyll, wheat grass or barley grass juice any of those would probably help as well. Not as much as dandelion would but it's something to start on anyways if you can get any of it.

Thanks, i found some locally! going to encapsulate it today.  hope it works!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2010, 09:04:45 AM »
well, i'm back. i found dandelion & had some kelp in my freezer, so i encapsulated them.  started taking them and they (and everything i try) made my baby really fussy.  i got rid of the worst rash with a sterioid/yeast cream from my doctor, but still have lots of itchy places.  i notice them being aggrivated by yeast feeding foods.  i am just putting coconut oil on them or ignoring them.  oh, and the baby came up with one on his face right above his eyes.  any other ideas?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2010, 03:53:45 PM »
I would guess that you have bowel flora dysbosis going on. Typical yeast and candida type cleansing and bowel healing work for many other types of bacterial and yeast imbalances.
Have you tried using activated charcoal following any of the new herbs you are trying? I believe your baby is probably fussy because any sort of high nutrition such as the kelp, or liver stimulant like the dandelion is putting your body into a detox. Apparently your detox pathways are not functioning well. Charcoal should help. Detox+ or Dr Schulze #2 might as well. If I remember correctly you are familiar with those.
What about digestive enzymes for yourself and the baby? Have you tried that. If I remember right you are already on an allergen free diet. However if you can't get the GI tract healed you will continue to develop new allergens until nothing is left. A compromised system is keeping your immune system down leaving GroupB strep and other opportunist bugs the chance to thrive. If YOU aren't digesting food well then the baby is getting things through breastmilk that his system is not meant to handle yet and will likely develop allergies in him. This is in addition to toxins he may be getting.
Hope that helps in some small way. I don't think this is primarily a Group B strep problem.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »
I would guess that you have bowel flora dysbosis going on. Typical yeast and candida type cleansing and bowel healing work for many other types of bacterial and yeast imbalances.
Have you tried using activated charcoal following any of the new herbs you are trying? I believe your baby is probably fussy because any sort of high nutrition such as the kelp, or liver stimulant like the dandelion is putting your body into a detox. Apparently your detox pathways are not functioning well. Charcoal should help. Detox+ or Dr Schulze #2 might as well. If I remember correctly you are familiar with those.
What about digestive enzymes for yourself and the baby? Have you tried that. If I remember right you are already on an allergen free diet. However if you can't get the GI tract healed you will continue to develop new allergens until nothing is left. A compromised system is keeping your immune system down leaving GroupB strep and other opportunist bugs the chance to thrive. If YOU aren't digesting food well then the baby is getting things through breastmilk that his system is not meant to handle yet and will likely develop allergies in him. This is in addition to toxins he may be getting.
Hope that helps in some small way. I don't think this is primarily a Group B strep problem.

hi boysmama~~you are so right.  i had stool cultures done & had 2 kinds of strep, yeast and another bacteria.  actually i am very discouraged by the whole thing, cuz the allergen free diet is SO hard, i'm already taking digestive enzymes & probiotics, & the antifungal program dr. Dramov put me on after pregnancy made the baby incredibly uncomfortable, unable to burp or poop.  i've been getting acupuncture weekly, but can't do that very long. ($$$$) i just don't know what else to do.  i guess i wasn't very good at taking the charcoal i was taking so many pills and none of them could be together.  i will try tonight taking the herbs with supper & the charcoal a couple of hours later and see if that helps.  i need to deal with this now, or i will develop to the other foods i have left to eat, cuz i eat the same things a lot.  i am often hungry & at a loss for what to eat, so resort to quick fixes.  i'm ravenous & so want to eat what everyone else is eating.  :'(   i guess i just thought if the herbs were helping me that would be good for him too if i could get past the first few days.   ???  i've thought about doing the detox + , i do still have 1/3 or so a bottle of Dr. Schulze #2.  i SOOOO don't want him to get my allergies or others, i should have just done formula.  :'( :'( :'(  if someone can't tell me how to do this without tainting my breastmilk and making baby miserable, i am going to have to put him on formula.  :'(

maybe we should move this conversation to another thread?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 12:10:02 PM by 4myhoonie »

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
maybe we should move this conversation to another thread?

Right.  ;)  I'll watch for your next post.

It's good though for those reading later to have this side of Group B strep infections.