Author Topic: Decreased/Low Milk Supply  (Read 94014 times)

Offline legendaryabundance

• Learning
Re: Decreased/Low Milk Supply
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2011, 08:15:24 AM »
thank you! My oldest is actually 23 and my youngest is on the way :) I was once a la leche league leader so I think I did try most of the items you mentioned - but....the nutritional yeast - now that I hadn't heard of. With baby #6 I joke ( well...half way joking) that I may have scared my other children away from nursing their kids someday. I was so determined to nurse that despite horrible yeast issues, The baby having acid reflux, cracked and bleeding nipples and did I mention yeast infections in both of my breasts (didn't even know that was possible - it is and it is the worst kind of pain) I had two lactation consultants who finally just recommended formula (and you know that is their LAST option) I pumped, I ate oatmeal, mothers milk tea, I kept a food diary, gripe water (for the baby) and the list goes on and on AND ON!!. I understand that nursing for almost 10 years when you add it all up is alot to ask of two breasts - but there MUST be something else to try. My great grandmother nursed 14 children!!!!! I am going to look up the nutritional yeast. I so very appreciate any ideas you all can offer.

Offline iluvphil

• Adept
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2011, 05:29:14 AM »
Have you ever heard of Maxi-milk from Mountain Meadow Herbs? I used it with my first and could tell a tremendous difference in my milk supply..it also made my milk super rich... i had such a chubby baby! There's lots of wonderful testimonials from ladies that have used it....  Hope you find something that works for you!!

Offline legendaryabundance

• Learning
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »
thank you I have saved their info on my computer!

Offline iluvphil

• Adept
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2011, 09:10:05 AM »
 I guess this is the right place to post this.. I am two wks post pardum and am struggling with my milk supply. I am taking Maxi-milk and i know it's helping but it's still a struggle. I'm sure the biggest reason is that we've had so much going on since this baby is born..tons of people around all the time..and i have NOT been able to relax like a new mom should. It's not going to get any less busy either, we have family home on furlough from different mission fields and the summer is just full of plans. So, is there anything i can take in addition to maxi-milk, i'm thinking more like something to help relax me. I'm not exactly the laid back, relaxed by nature type.. =/ so if there's something i could take to just help put my mind and body at ease i'm sure it would help keep my milk supply up. Thank you so much ladies.. i'm sorta desperate here!  :-\

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2011, 04:00:58 AM »
Did no one reply to you?  Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle are supposed to increase milk supply.  I have used Fenugreek.  (Side effects: increases sweat in addition to milk, and makes you smell like maple syrup!)  If the worst comes to the worst, look in the Nourishing Traditions cookbook for healthy, natural, homemade infant "formulas".

I've always struggled with milk supply (with 5 babies).  I feel for you!!

Offline Mommyof4

• Adept
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2013, 01:21:14 AM »
I completely agree, drinking this tea COLD cuts the "fenugreek" flavor to which I never grew fond of, Tasted worse things to up my milk supply though;-)
1Q I will drink as Mama's Milk Tea which is Red Raspberry leaf, Fennel seed, Nettle leaf, Fenugreek seed, Dandelion leaf, and Blessed Thistle.  Baby shouldn't react at all to these. If it's too strong a taste, just add water. The website indicates drinking it hot, but I drink all my tea cold and it doesn't change the nutrient properties. I also use a french press coffee maker to make my tea - much less messy!!

I hope you find the solution that works for you and your little one.

Vanessa - Iowa
Blessed Mom:)
My village people:
Tate 10
Morgan 9
Charlotte 7.5
Silas 4.5

Offline jessicah

• Adept
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »
I have recieved a couple of emails lately from strangers asking me about my More milk tincture. I wanted to post here bc I think this is where they are finding out I had made a tincture for increased breastmilk production.

These are the herbs I used:

blessed thistle
dandelion
fennel
fenugreek
goats rue
red raspberry
stinging nettle
cayenne

I made it with vodka and water.

Goat's rue had to be purchase from mountain rose herbs at the time, but bulkherbstore, morethanalive or vitacost may have it now.

I cant remember the amount of each, but I would buy only 1/2 pound of each. That should be plenty to make tincture. The harder herbs like fennel and fenugreek seeds, goats rue you will use less of those compared to the loose leaf herbs of red rasp.nettle,and blessed thistle, dandelion. Cayenne- you only need a little bit of this in a quart of tinc. Maybe 1/2tsp...I cant remember!

Once your tinc is made (just follow shoshanna's simple tincture making instructions in her latest mailout) Here are the suggested use amounts:

Mamas weighing under 150 pounds take 1/4 tsp 3 times daily.
Mamas weighing over 150 pounds take 1/2 tsp 3 times daily.

Be prepared for a happy baby b/c it REALLY works!

Jessica hannon
please email me here jessmariehannon@gmail.com with any questions

PS- I bet ACV would work as a base too, if you would rather not use alcohol. I would not waste time or money with glycerin unless you really really really can not stand/know you just wont take the ACV or the alcohol.

While you wait for your tinc to brew you can use the leftover herbs to brew tea to drink in the mean time (be prepared for it to be YUCKY- blessed thistle is bitter)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:29:24 AM by jessicah »
Jessicah

Let me share with you how I keep my family healthy!
www.jessicahannonjuiceplus.com

Juice Plus+ the next best thing to fruits and vegetables. It is not that fruits and vegeis are just good for you, its that they can save your life